OLED TV's price/best quote thread

and A9F is not even worth the extra money, no matter what the sony fans say :p
If one is coming from a plasma - the A9F will need less of a mind/perception adjustment wrt motion. But yes, too expensive!
65C8 user here.

Most of them are cheaters nowadays. Please report to LG and taught dealer a lesson.
Yup will do so, but on the other hand I also feel that LG isn't going to do much about it.
Update: The service engineer came back today with another person to check some code in the televsion. He is confident of a replacement from LG, but he said it should take about 15 days. We can keep the television till then.

Yup will do so, but on the other hand I also feel that LG isn't going to do much about it.
Update: The service engineer came back today with another person to check some code in the televsion. He is confident of a replacement from LG, but he said it should take about 15 days. We can keep the television till then.
They took the panel serial number in my case. It was below the power cord cover.

I got the replacement tv delivered this morning. Manufacturing date is 25-May-2019.
I just got the TV installed today and this replacement TV also has issues. Seems to be a used set it has uneven burn-in on panel due to which I see bars on top and bottom. I immediately reported to LG and they acknowledged the issue. Such a nightmare just to get a right TV. I now have 2 TVs at home. LG says they can send replacement from their end but they will pickup my first TV which was defective. Reliance says they need the first TV back as the replacement was sent from their end against that unit and it needs to go back to their warehouse. Reliance and LG both needs to sort out how they are going to solve my problem now.

27A911FF-0C9D-4A70-8044-E01A7E1D63BB.jpeg02C58B06-C580-432F-A9C0-8B823A06D04E.jpegC170AB2B-B9EA-4267-BD0F-3C2A2244560A.jpeg

I just got the TV installed today and this replacement TV also has issues. Seems to be a used set it has uneven burn-in on panel due to which I see bars on top and bottom. I immediately reported to LG and they acknowledged the issue. Such a nightmare just to get a right TV. I now have 2 TVs at home. LG says they can send replacement from their end but they will pickup my first TV which was defective. Reliance says they need the first TV back as the replacement was sent from their end against that unit and it needs to go back to their warehouse. Reliance and LG both needs to sort out how they are going to solve my problem now.

View attachment 36183View attachment 36184View attachment 36185
After your horrible experience i will think twice before buying oled.

Seriously you should. I think LG has stopped production of new C8 and all the stock they have now are refurbished sets.
I think the replacement came from Reliance digital so it could be a TV already with Reliance. Could be a case of them trying to sell a demo unit? Though dint you say your runtime was 0? Cant you get LG to replace your second TV?

I think the replacement came from Reliance digital so it could be a TV already with Reliance. Could be a case of them trying to sell a demo unit? Though dint you say your runtime was 0? Cant you get LG to replace your second TV?
TV manufacturing date was 25-May-19 and I got it on 30th. Very unlikely RelianceDigital would have used it for demo. Also demo sets don’t run 21:9 aspect videos and even if they did the burn-in I see cannot happen in just 4 days. It is LG who is causing all this mess. Trying to dump refurbish sets in India. Many companies treat India as their dumping ground for discontinued products.

Runtime was 0 on both the TVs.

TV manufacturing date was 25-May-19 and I got it on 30th. Very unlikely RelianceDigital would have used it for demo. Also demo sets don’t run 21:9 aspect videos and even if they did the burn-in I see cannot happen in just 4 days. It is LG who is causing all this mess. Trying to dump refurbish sets in India. Many companies treat India as their dumping ground for discontinued products.

Runtime was 0 on both the TVs.
oh man, this is freaking scary. I guess i got lucky with my B6 oled that i bought in beginning fo 2017.

Cheers.

it looks like banding, not from tv being used. is it noticeable on normal viewing? think almost all oleds have some DSE some worse some better.

on my earlier plasma i got slight channel logo burn-in on a plasma that was supposed to have good IR prevention. even though it wasnt noticeable on normal viewing my mind would always look in that direction. thats why i stay away from looking at those 2% grays etc as long as it doesnt affect normal viewing.

it looks like banding, not from tv being used. is it noticeable on normal viewing? think almost all oleds have some DSE some worse some better.

on my earlier plasma i got slight channel logo burn-in on a plasma that was supposed to have good IR prevention. even though it wasnt noticeable on normal viewing my mind would always look in that direction. thats why i stay away from looking at those 2% grays etc as long as it doesnt affect normal viewing.
yes i think you are right, cause for the black bars to burn in is very difficult on the OLED unless its abused badly. This is banding for sure.

yes i think you are right, cause for the black bars to burn in is very difficult on the OLED unless its abused badly. This is banding for sure.
I disagree. If you look closely in the first image the bands are there on top and bottom, exactly at the place of black bars. This is a result of watching excessive 21:9 on a Vivid mode or full OLED light setting possibly.

I disagree. If you look closely in the first image the bands are there on top and bottom, exactly at the place of black bars. This is a result of watching excessive 21:9 on a Vivid mode or full OLED light setting possibly.
but for that the tv needs to be watching a lot of 21:9 videos, i mean a lot. Even when Rtings did their burn in test, it toke ages i mean ages to get the 21:9 bars to burn in. In that case this tv should be having at least 50 hrs on it then & i m sure you will notice if the tv was so used. Everything seemed new & sealed pack to you right? i got my doubts on banding defect.

but for that the tv needs to be watching a lot of 21:9 videos, i mean a lot. Even when Rtings did their burn in test, it toke ages i mean ages to get the 21:9 bars to burn in. In that case this tv should be having at least 50 hrs on it then & i m sure you will notice if the tv was so used. Everything seemed new & sealed pack to you right? i got my doubts on banding defect.
That is why I said refurbished TV. There is a refurbishing process in every company where they take returned TVs find good parts or replace damaged ones and make it sellable again. They pack the TV like new again.

That is why I said refurbished TV. There is a refurbishing process in every company where they take returned TVs find good parts or replace damaged ones and make it sellable again. They pack the TV like new again.
if this is true then its wrong from LG India to sell this as a new product, you can take them to court or just return the tv to the store & get a refund.

Recent lightening in Bangalore, local cable has fried my HDMI port 1 OF LGC8.
As it was under warranty LG has replaced motherboard free of cost otherwise would have costed 8K.
Immediately learnt lesson from it,taken TATA sky and now hopefully HDMI ports will be safe.

As it was under warranty LG has replaced motherboard free of cost otherwise would have costed 8K.
Immediately learnt lesson from it,taken TATA sky and now hopefully HDMI ports will be safe.

it can happen even with tata sky unfortunately. only solution is to remove all cables during bad weather periods.

if this is true then its wrong from LG India to sell this as a new product, you can take them to court or just return the tv to the store & get a refund.
Yes - it is fraud if they sell refurbished TV as New. But who has the time and resources to file a case against them?

This is a very real possibility with cable TV connections.
Not so much with dish TVs. But stray charge can be picked by dish too.
Recently my old plasma TV (at parents' place) suffered the same fate. One of the ports went kaput.
Intentionally I had it connected the HDMI output from cable box to the side panel.
Main/back panel is fine; fingers crossed.
Now TV is only via streaming services. So hopefully the electrical spike buster will do its job.
Cheers,
Raghu

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back