OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Yes - it is fraud if they sell refurbished TV as New. But who has the time and resources to file a case against them?
Well if this is true of them selling refurbished as new? then they know people won't bother as they have no time?

Cheers.

I just got the TV installed today and this replacement TV also has issues. Seems to be a used set it has uneven burn-in on panel due to which I see bars on top and bottom. I immediately reported to LG and they acknowledged the issue. Such a nightmare just to get a right TV. I now have 2 TVs at home. LG says they can send replacement from their end but they will pickup my first TV which was defective. Reliance says they need the first TV back as the replacement was sent from their end against that unit and it needs to go back to their warehouse. Reliance and LG both needs to sort out how they are going to solve my problem now.

View attachment 36183View attachment 36184View attachment 36185
I didn’t have any other problems other than the bars on top and bottom on my C8 just like yours, I got the tv yesterday.It was with zero hours and was efficiently sealed , it could not have been a used unit in my case. Also May 19 India manufactured. I read a few posts on reddit and they mentioned some issues are common in the first few hours . Bars were gone after the first 4 hours . The pixel refresh must have started, when i restarted they were not there.

I didn’t have any other problems other than the bars on top and bottom on my C8 just like yours, I got the tv yesterday.It was with zero hours and was efficiently sealed , it could not have been a used unit in my case. Also May 19 India manufactured. I read a few posts on reddit and they mentioned some issues are common in the first few hours . Bars were gone after the first 4 hours . The pixel refresh must have started, when i restarted they were not there.
Ok - let me check if it has gone now in that case. I must have done more than 4 hours already.

You are right. The horizontal bands are gone now. I have done 10 hours on the TV so far. Should I settle on this TV? Really don’t want to go through hassle of setting up another TV.

I also found vertical banding on this panel. Will that go away after few days as well?

return tv and take back money. 100% peace of mind.May be later u can go for c9 or c8 brand piece from warehouse

Have had 55C8 since Oct 2018.
Don't remember any such issues, even right out the box.
Something is not adding up. Tech support should give a convincing answer.
Cheers,
Raghu

What is the best price anyone is getting for a Sony A8F 65" these days?

Best I have gotten is 2.8L, am thinking I will wait till Diwali in that case.

You are right. The horizontal bands are gone now. I have done 10 hours on the TV so far. Should I settle on this TV? Really don’t want to go through hassle of setting up another TV.

I also found vertical banding on this panel. Will that go away after few days as well?
I don’t know about vertical banding, but as far as bars are concerned some people have reported it initially, on sony as well. For all of them they have gone after the break in. I have done 7 hours and very subtle bars came again after watching a 2 hour movie. But disappeared in a minute or 2. I will use it for 2-3 days more or maybe call the dealer.
Any idea do dealers replace the unit in such cases if reported early or its upto LG now? Multi brand ones.

What is the best price anyone is getting for a Sony A8F 65" these days?

Best I have gotten is 2.8L, am thinking I will wait till Diwali in that case.
I got a quote of 2.75 plus 3k cashback. Net 2.72 from Sony Centre. Reliance was quoting around 2.5.

Got my replacement. May 25th manufactured just like oledphiles C8 and run 0 hours. On the grey screen I do notice a vertical band which is lighter than the other gray. @OledPhile feel like we are looking at the same situation, whats your update?

Got my replacement. May 25th manufactured just like oledphiles C8 and run 0 hours. On the grey screen I do notice a vertical band which is lighter than the other gray. @OledPhile feel like we are looking at the same situation, whats your update?
I am still waiting for LG and Reliance to come back on replacement solution for my second TV. At the same time horizontal banding I saw initially has completely gone and the vertical banding is getting better with hours of usage. I am still thinking to keep this TV. My wife says return it. First TV had vertical line of dead pixels which disappeared after few days and reappeared again before 2 days of replacement. I don’t know where to take chance. I need TV now and can’t wait for C9 to be out. Can you post 5% and 10% slides on your TV? How bad is yours?

This is how mine is on 10% where it looks the worse and starts getting better from 20%.12F04820-E0AA-4F32-8833-E6EF53F69D92.jpeg79261136-CF85-4FFB-8BE9-AC53C5D37DD7.jpeg3C583B53-DE10-45DA-BBF0-4A4A046A2D20.jpeg

I am still waiting for LG and Reliance to come back on replacement solution for my second TV. At the same time horizontal banding I saw initially has completely gone and the vertical banding is getting better with hours of usage. I am still thinking to keep this TV. My wife says return it. First TV had vertical line of dead pixels which disappeared after few days and reappeared again before 2 days of replacement. I don’t know where to take chance. I need TV now and can’t wait for C9 to be out. Can you post 5% and 10% slides on your TV? How bad is yours?

This is how mine is on 10% where it looks the worse and starts getting better from 20%.View attachment 36327View attachment 36328View attachment 36329
Will post mine in by tomorrow (not near the Television right now). However mine has improved today, maybe due to some usage. There is a thread on reddit about these screens and most of the posters say that some sort of gray uniformity issue is always there and it will get better with viewing. Most of them were comparing these screens at 100 hours of usage. I think I will keep mine since this isn't an issue per say.

Will post mine in by tomorrow (not near the Television right now). However mine has improved today, maybe due to some usage. There is a thread on reddit about these screens and most of the posters say that some sort of gray uniformity issue is always there and it will get better with viewing. Most of them were comparing these screens at 100 hours of usage. I think I will keep mine since this isn't an issue per say.
yes, once the panel has no defects like dead/stuck pixels or vertical lines. Just enjoy your tv as you paid money to enjoy it & not look for issues :)

Happy Watching..

I got my oled last week. Now i got the front film removed from the LG technician but he didn’t remove the film on the back and said heat dissipation happens from front, its not to be removed although if you insist , I can remove it. So I haven’t removed it yet.
Have you people removed the film from the back of the panel?

I got my oled last week. Now i got the front film removed from the LG technician but he didn’t remove the film on the back and said heat dissipation happens from front, its not to be removed although if you insist , I can remove it. So I haven’t removed it yet.
I was told the same so I kept it.

Were they still having banding issues after 100 hours of usage?

I removed it for my 55 B6 as it was mentioned in the user guide. Check your user guide though..

I removed it for my 55 B6 as it was mentioned in the user guide. Check your user guide though..
No, its not mentioned in the user guide. Checked thoroughly. I guess for models 2018 onwards there is no need to remove it. Plus I touched the back of oled panel after using it foot over 3 hours and it was cool. No sign of heat.

No, its not mentioned in the user guide. Checked thoroughly. I guess for models 2018 onwards there is no need to remove it. Plus I touched the back of oled panel after using it foot over 3 hours and it was cool. No sign of heat.
Yes, even mine was not that hot so I didn’t bother to remove.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back