OLED TV's price/best quote thread

I agree on that but I wonder why LG is not able to reduce price in India. These TVs are assembled locally to cut down on import duties as duty is very less on individual components. Are they trying to bag more money from developing nations? They would actually sell more units and make more money if they lower their prices. Look at Xiaomi, they sell products at very less margins and make billions by selling to millions.
an OLED tv is not a mass market product.its expensive.This will be still 1lac plus tv even if LG decided to sell it at 0 profit .anyways lg is selling cheapest oleds. Sony and Panasonic are more expensive.

Interesting, I never heard of wall mounting with the front curve stand. Would like to see how it looks. Definitely should sound better than without.

Here's a picture i found in google with a C8 wall mounted TV with front stand...

Attachments

• LG wallmountc8.jpg
    LG wallmountc8.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I got a quote for C8 1,30,000 last diwali.Cashback n offer extra.thats i remember people posted 1.55 lac for sony A8F.i personally got 1.7 but i was not interested in sony so did not bargain hard.

My point is if we can get tvs for almost 50% than MRP at festival period should we be worried about MRP.currently C9 is 2000 usd + taxes.which is 1.5 lac.I am sure if you wait till diwali you will get C9 for similar price in india

You seem to be missing the point. 50% of MRP. If the MRP goes up, so the does the price after discount. When it's going down everywhere else in the world, why is it being jacked up here?

There are no government taxes or change in policies that explains this. We're being ripped off. Plain and simple.

Also, stop comparing discounted prices to MRP abroad. Sales happen there too. Big ones. People got 55-inch C8 for 1100-1200$ too. in US. Now C9 will hit even lower costs in sale, because the MRP there has been reduced. Here it has been jacked up.

Maybe if we as consumers woke up and recognized that it's happening, we could fight them. We can start a petition and call out these companies. Strength is in unit, and not justifying dick moves by companies.

I agree on that but I wonder why LG is not able to reduce price in India. These TVs are assembled locally to cut down on import duties as duty is very less on individual components. Are they trying to bag more money from developing nations? They would actually sell more units and make more money if they lower their prices. Look at Xiaomi, they sell products at very less margins and make billions by selling to millions.

It seems like they are pandering to the rising income inequality in India. Fish the middle class. Let's sell lower units but at jacked up prices to rich folks who could care less. Shameful indeed. These companies should be called out. I can start a petition, but only if we unite. Otherwise it's pointless.

You seem to be missing the point. 50% of MRP. If the MRP goes up, so the does the price after discount. When it's going down everywhere else in the world, why is it being jacked up here?

There are no government taxes or change in policies that explains this. We're being ripped off. Plain and simple.

Also, stop comparing discounted prices to MRP abroad. Sales happen there too. Big ones. People got 55-inch C8 for 1100-1200$ too. in US. Now C9 will hit even lower costs in sale, because the MRP there has been reduced. Here it has been jacked up.

Maybe if we as consumers woke up and recognized that it's happening, we could fight them. We can start a petition and call out these companies. Strength is in unit, and not justifying dick moves by companies.

We should also blame government taxes. It is 28% for all TVs above 32 inches and 18% for smaller than that. I paid whopping 40k+ just in GST when I bought the 65C8 at 1.99 lacs. In US it is less than 10% and varies from sate to state.

It seems like they are pandering to the rising income inequality in India. Fish the middle class. Let's sell lower units but at jacked up prices to rich folks who could care less. Shameful indeed. These companies should be called out. I can start a petition, but only if we unite. Otherwise it's pointless.
But it is the companys call to price it whatever they want and it is ours to decide if we want to buy it or not. If its too expensive then there would be 0 sales and they would be forced to reduce the price.

But it is the companys call to price it whatever they want and it is ours to decide if we want to buy it or not. If its too expensive then there would be 0 sales and they would be forced to reduce the price.

And if the company is being a jackass, we can confront them if we unite. Also, the world doesn't work like you're thinking. Sales wouldn't be zero. If they keep prices jacked, increasing their profit margin, sales would be lower but they'll make easy money. At lower prices, more people would buy, but that means the company will be under pressure to market to more people so sales increase.

As young kids we are taught, strength in unity, but we seem to forget that as soon as we grow up. Here you guys are supporting a company that's ripping you off too, but instead of uniting, your instinct is to back the company. If someone wants to study why Indians workers are the most exploited and overworked in the world, they can read this thread. We seem to enjoy being suckers and fail to unite for betterment of more people.

The tax structure hasn't changed much at all from 2018-2019. Infact, taxes are going up in US because of Trump's tariffs. Yet they lower prices there, but increase them here. What do we do? We can call them out. Next time their executives mention how India is important and they value Indian consumers, we can show them that they don't. Only if we unite though.

Will we, or will we continue be a land of suckers?

For sure, I would also want to pay less and in line with the US/global prices for my TV, Audio gear, car, iPhone and even clothing brands like Tommy Hilfiger etc. But this is a market reality wherein, the companies have their pricing strategies based on what they want and assess what the consumers (targeted by segments they want to address) are willing to pay.
In my view the "unity" we are trying to gather here needs to be also viewed with the potential percentage of users/influencers of a specific product line here. E.g. how many buyers of OLED are on this forum as compared to the overall number out there in the market.
For consumer products, like TVs (incl. OLEDs) this will be very small as compared to higher end gear like AVRs, high end speakers, Amps etc. So we may like it or not, the influence we carry (if any) for TVs is negligible, while there may be some for higher end gear where the disparity in Indian/US prices is similar.

For sure, I would also want to pay less and in line with the US/global prices for my TV, Audio gear, car, iPhone and even clothing brands like Tommy Hilfiger etc. But this is a market reality wherein, the companies have their pricing strategies based on what they want and assess what the consumers (targeted by segments they want to address) are willing to pay.
In my view the "unity" we are trying to gather here needs to be also viewed with the potential percentage of users/influencers of a specific product line here. E.g. how many buyers of OLED are on this forum as compared to the overall number out there in the market.
For consumer products, like TVs (incl. OLEDs) this will be very small as compared to higher end gear like AVRs, high end speakers, Amps etc. So we may like it or not, the influence we carry (if any) for TVs is negligible, while there may be some for higher end gear where the disparity in Indian/US prices is similar.

It's not about just paying higher; the point of contention is the magnitude. If we have to pay higher because of taxes, fair enough, but are those taxes 60%?

Making in India should bring the product cost way lower, but they aren't passing it on. Plus, brands also have option of importing their products without duties, which Sony and Samsung are using too. There's no reason for the cost to be 60% higher. The only reason seems to be that Indian consumers have decided that this is how it's going to be and no one is raising a voice.

This is the problem; why would a company sell 30 TVs to make the profit they would if they sell 10? They won't, until and unless we call them out. Next time they say we value Indian consumers, spit in their face....metaphorically.

Consider two scenarios; LG imports panel to US and assembles TV there, and LG imports panel to India and assembles it here.

Even if there's 5% duty on panels (let's ignore Trump's tariffs for now), buying land in India and hiring workers would be way way lower than the same in US. Shipping should also be cheaper. India is way closer to their manufacturing plants. So technically, TVs should be cheaper here if LG is assembling them here. If not cheaper, similar cost.What do we get however? 60% higher prices. Prices going up year by year instead of lowering, which is the global trend.

How stupid are they assuming Indian populace to be? Quite some if we don't protest.

Check reference pricing. 90,900,000 VND translates to about 2,70,000 INR as of now for 65" C9. What's the cost here? 3,89,990 INR.

Why is it so high? Why would a company continue making it here if it was costing more? Because it is cheaper inspite of the 5% duty on panels, as otherwise, they can simply import them from Vietnam. There's no reason that we should have the pricing that we have, except for the company taking us for a ride because we're a bunch of fools.

@Marakk
Consumer electronics companies price their products based on demand.
Some products just don't generate high volumes in India.
It is not a question of siding with a company or otherwise.
OLEDs are really a nascent and niche market in India. Give it a few more years.
Cheers,
Raghu

Check reference pricing. 90,900,000 VND translates to about 2,70,000 INR as of now for 65" C9. What's the cost here? 3,89,990 INR.

Why is it so high? Why would a company continue making it here if it was costing more? Because it is cheaper inspite of the 5% duty on panels, as otherwise, they can simply import them from Vietnam. There's no reason that we should have the pricing that we have, except for the company taking us for a ride because we're a bunch of fools.
Please check if this is applicable on all types and sizes of panels. I doubt it; the govt is clever enough to target high price point products.
Cheers,
Raghu

@Marakk
Consumer electronics companies price their products based on demand.
Some products just don't generate high volumes in India.
It is not a question of siding with a company or otherwise.
OLEDs are really a nascent and niche market in India. Give it a few more years.
Cheers,
Raghu

OLED TV market is seeing 200% growth in India.

Demand is really high in India. Is this an Indian defense mechanism?We are exploited left, right and center, by companies, by our own government, and we justify it. Why? Maybe to feel better than we aren't being done a disservice every living second?

Please check if this is applicable on all types and sizes of panels. I doubt it; the govt is clever enough to target high price point products.
Cheers,
Raghu

Open cell panel is open cell panel, no matter the technology. I have found nothing to suggest that high sizes are taxed higher. You again assume and give imaginary benefit to the people exploiting you.

OLED TV market is seeing 200% growth in India.

Demand is really high in India. Is this an Indian defense mechanism?We are exploited left, right and center, by companies, by our own government, and we justify it. Why? Maybe to feel better than we aren't being done a disservice every living second?
What is the reference base in terms of raw numbers?
E.g 5000 units sold becoming 15000 units is still 200%
US/Europe/APAC and parts of SE Asia have decent 4K broadcast and streaming content.
This generates demand. In India, 4K is still picking up.
Cheers,
Raghu

The demand is "really high" according to the company. They haven't released numbers to the public.

Also, even if TVs sold are lesser than other countries, doesn't mean that pricing should be higher. They are making them here!! Vietnam, f#{$ing Vietnam, get's it for way cheaper than we do.

They can simply import it from Vietnam and sell it for a much lower cost than the MRP. The point is, buddy, that there is no reason to jack up prices. Get it? I'm not saying it should be cheaper than US, or even the same cost.

What I'm saying is there is no effing reason to jack up the prices for the new launches! They should have gone down, like they have all over the globe.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back