OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Anyway, I'm out. I have had my say. If the populace is too dumb to realize injustice and protest, we deserve exploitation. Adios!
Thank you very much for your brutal assessment that we have all been shafted!!
We out of ignorance or compulsion chose to bring an OLED TV home so that our families can enjoy.
Cheers,
Raghu

Recieved my lg c9 65 inch today
I am Little busy right now but
will post my first impressions as soon as possible
Later i will make a video review

Attachments

• Lg c9.jpg
    Lg c9.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 29
At this point I am not even sure if they jacked up the prices from the C8. I don't remember the original sticker price for the C8 either.

At this point I am not even sure if they jacked up the prices from the C8. I don't remember the original sticker price for the C8 either.
55 inch was 2.5+ Lakh at launch.
Then it steadied out at 2.25L MRP.
Offer price last festival season was 1.4L before cashback and/or other deals.
Cheers,
Raghu

Oh come on stop living in a fantasy land. What consumer unity are we talking about? X wants an OLED and can afford it at the price point he will surely buy it. X wants an OLED, but should not buy because the company has priced it higher than the US is not exactly logical. What options do X have? Keep cribbing on a forum and don't buy an OLED even though he wants and can afford it?

Oh come on stop living in a fantasy land. What consumer unity are we talking about? X wants an OLED and can afford it at the price point he will surely buy it. X wants an OLED, but should not buy because the company has priced it higher than the US is not exactly logical. What options do X have? Keep cribbing on a forum and don't buy an OLED even though he wants and can afford it?

Nice to see people with so little imagination. No one here knows any journalists? How about an investigative piece into TV market? Big brands overcharging, lower brands rebranding, selling outdated models and still overcharging.

Marakk has made a valid argument. We’re getting ripped off on multiple accounts from high taxes and duties (for the honest tax payer), premium pricing by brands and dealers, poor customer service and auditioning experience etc. If looked at from a purchase price parity POV, we’re paying ridiculously high amounts.

Nice to see people with so little imagination. No one here knows any journalists? How about an investigative piece into TV market? Big brands overcharging, lower brands rebranding, selling outdated models and still overcharging.
:rolleyes:
Thumbs up to your imagination. Rant is OK, but calling people dumb/unimaginative is going a bit over the top.
So chill out buddy.

FYI, I co-habit with a journalist and know quite a few others in various beats of journalism.
Good luck finding that journalist who will do an investigative dive into niche TV market.
For them a story is something different. "Overpriced TVs" will be a flea's fart in their world.

Cheers,
Raghu

Marakk has made a valid argument. We’re getting ripped off on multiple accounts from high taxes and duties (for the honest tax payer), premium pricing by brands and dealers, poor customer service and auditioning experience etc. If looked at from a purchase price parity POV, we’re paying ridiculously high amounts.

Plus, the prices might not even be higher because of any taxes. This is why we need to look into this. As you can see from the link I posted above, companies are importing from Vietnam, and we apparently have an FTA with them. So what exactly are these higher taxes? LG can do that, but is making them here. So it has to be even cheaper than importing from Vietnam, right? The launch price of C9 65 inch is a full 1.2 lac lower there. Is Vietnam a more developed country with a bigger market for OLED TVs?

I say, why don't we find journalists who liked to look into this? We can get emails of tech journalists.

As Raghu mentioned, overlooking and not even reading my comment properly, that journalists might not be interested in covering the niche market. I had already taken that into account. That's why I wrote the TV market in general. Vu is just selling year old rebranded stuff, and not just rebranded, but downgraded too. No local dimming even though similar TVs from Hisense are cheaper in US with that included. China has tariffs placed by Trumpito.

TCL is doing the same. Charging higher yet we don't have even a single TV with local dimming in 500-1000$ price range from them.

We are being ripped off by every manufacturer, and we are doing nothing about it. Aren't we tech savvy? If some of us try to contact journalists, and get them interested, it can work. If anyone has contacts, even better?

Plus, the prices might not even be higher because of any taxes. This is why we need to look into this. As you can see from the link I posted above, companies are importing from Vietnam, and we apparently have an FTA with them. So what exactly are these higher taxes? LG can do that, but is making them here. So it has to be even cheaper than importing from Vietnam, right? The launch price of C9 65 inch is a full 1.2 lac lower there. Is Vietnam a more developed country with a bigger market for OLED TVs?

I say, why don't we find journalists who liked to look into this? We can get emails of tech journalists.

As Raghu mentioned, overlooking and not even reading my comment properly, that journalists might not be interested in covering the niche market. I had already taken that into account. That's why I wrote the TV market in general. Vu is just selling year old rebranded stuff, and not just rebranded, but downgraded too. No local dimming even though similar TVs from Hisense are cheaper in US with that included. China has tariffs placed by Trumpito.

TCL is doing the same. Charging higher yet we don't have even a single TV with local dimming in 500-1000$ price range from them.

We are being ripped off by every manufacturer, and we are doing nothing about it. Aren't we tech savvy? If some of us try to contact journalists, and get them interested, it can work. If anyone has contacts, even better?
This disparity in pricing is there in almost all categories which are niche in India. The market forces which determine these prices, I believe, are not dictated by high manufacturing capacity utilisation or by high demand, but by people who are willing to pay the premium to get the experience. As long as that is there, no luck. I was planning to replace the old Panasonic plasma with oled, but looking at their prices postponed :)

This disparity in pricing is there in almost all categories which are niche in India. The market forces which determine these prices, I believe, are not dictated by high manufacturing capacity utilisation or by high demand, but by people who are willing to pay the premium to get the experience. As long as that is there, no luck. I was planning to replace the old Panasonic plasma with oled, but looking at their prices postponed :)

It's happening at the lower end too. What's the premium in buying a 55 inch TCL TV for 55-60k, that doesn't even have FALD and has peak brightness of 400 nits, even though you get 800+ nits and FALD in a cheaper cost in the US? We're being ripped off at every turn in the TV market.

The market forces which determine these prices, I believe, are not dictated by high manufacturing capacity utilisation or by high demand, but by people who are willing to pay the premium to get the experience. As long as that is there, no luck. I was planning to replace the old Panasonic plasma with oled, but looking at their prices postponed :)
I absolutely agree with this. Let's unite, name and shame these people who pay premium to get this experience, rather than wait for the companies to play the "right" way.
I start with myself as a culprit having bought LG OLED65C7 in 2017, Marantz - Denon AVRs, Mordaunt short speakers, iphones, ipads, Naim Muso, etc.
Iam willing to share my price research with any journalist who can help or put my picture in the hall of shame. In fact we must force all companies to strictly operate in a cost plus a small margin (less than 5% is fair ;-)) with full disclosure across all markets they operate in.
Let's go back to the days when the models in India were available after 1-2 years of their launch elsewhere, so that we could pester our friends/family to please please carry a Sony TV, panasonic cordless etc. on their visit back home.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back