OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Sony has the same panel as LG - OLED. It is weird how they are able to get more colour output in an emissive technology with LG having 256*256*256 or 16 million colour info in their diodes - what does the X1 processor do to get these additional colour display? Have a layer transmitting from the back like their triluminous technology? Then it is transmissive technology not emissive. I somehow think Sony's getting things artificial wrt oled technology (that being said by a Sony fanboy).
There is a great discussion on this in the below thread. Have a look.

The sony55 retails at around 158 and the 65 shoots to 232 .The jump seems to be a whopping 70k for the size upgrade alone. Torn in my head for the steep hill.
If you're after A8G (best i could get was 1.4 (55) at vijay sales and 1.9 for 65) suggest you to go for A8H instead. Should cost you around 2.2L for 65 inches with offers being extra. As for 55 A8H should launch by 5th dec and should cost around 1.5-1.6 itself.

If you're after A8G (best i could get was 1.4 (55) at vijay sales and 1.9 for 65) suggest you to go for A8H instead. Should cost you around 2.2L for 65 inches with offers being extra. As for 55 A8H should launch by 5th dec and should cost around 1.5-1.6 itself.
Thanks for the info. I was gunning for the A8G, is there any significant upgrade with the A8H?
I can wait for the A8H55 to launch, but Im still wondering if the huge cost escalation is worth it on the 65/

It has been about 5 days with Sony 65A8H. Compared to LG 55C7 I noticed that Sony can't get as overall bright in both SDR and HDR. I had LG for almost 2.5 years so light output is something I missed immediately.
Hi Shaiju,
Can you help me with the cost you got the Sony A8H for and from where? Would you call it significantly improved over the A8G?

Hi Shaiju,
Can you help me with the cost you got the Sony A8H for and from where? Would you call it significantly improved over the A8G?
Hi!
Sony 65A8H for ₹2.2L.
A8H is close to A9G in features and picture quality.
Instead of A8G you should look at CX. Don’t jump on A8G.

If you can wait then demo both CX and A8H. Both are excellent. CX bright and colourful. A8H saturated and cinematic but not suitable for room with good lighting.

Just make sure For LG BX when you are confused with CX bucks

Missing features
  • no Face Enhancer
  • no Frequency-based Sharpness Enhancer (BX has only "Sharpness Enhancer")
  • no AI Picture Pro (BX has only "AI Picture")
  • no Perfect Color (BX has only "NanoCell Color")
  • no True Color Accuracy Pro (BX has only "True Color Accuracy" - smaller 3D LUT container)
  • no 4K and 2K playback via USB (BX can play 4K/2K only via HDMI)
  • no AI Sound Pro (BX has only "AI Sound")
  • no 4 full HDMI 2.1 inputs (BX has only 2 HDMI 2.1 inputs + 2 HDMI 2.0 - two ports labeled HDMI IN and two ports labeled HDMI (4K@120Hz) IN.) - so you will get two HDMI 2.1 ports capable of 10-bit 4K at 120Hz with RGB 4:4:4, and two lower bandwidth ports that max out at 4K/60P with 8-bit RGB 4:4:4.

Limited capabilities
  • Alpha7 gen. 3 SoC (aka M16P3) instead of Alpha9 gen. 3 SoC (aka O20)
  • Lower brightness in HDR/DV (similar to the 2019 B9 model) - needs confirmation
  • HFR limited by the Alpha7 SoC - needs confirmation
  • only two-stage Noise Reduction due to Alpha7 SoC - more image noise with low bandwidth video (Alpha9 has four stages)
  • higher image artifacts due to Alpha7 SoC (especially near-black artifacts and more motion artifacts (flashing, etc.))

I had panel issue when we just unboxed the new set, there is a permanenet vertical strip at edge of screen.
I just want you guys check the screen by running full white and 5% grey and make sure there are no pannel issues
1606038495522.png7cd584fa-0806-409c-8f42-b5961f157d9f.jpeg

The sony55 retails at around 158 and the 65 shoots to 232 .The jump seems to be a whopping 70k for the size upgrade alone. Torn in my head for the steep hill.

Get the 65 inch, 55 inch is too small nowadays. Get LG if you have to but get 65 inch, that bigger size and immersion will trump everything else. Anyway the difference is very small between different OLEDs due to same LGD panels and size should be your main criteria.

Get the 65 inch, 55 inch is too small nowadays. Get LG if you have to but get 65 inch, that bigger size and immersion will trump everything else. Anyway the difference is very small between different OLEDs due to same LGD panels and size should be your main criteria.
So it's 65 then.
I would prefer the Bravia over Lg.
I'm trying to figure out if I need the A8H or A8G . Is there any stark differences between the two besides the processor?

Hello guys.
Ive finalised my pick as the Sony OLED. But
I'm torn between the 55 and the 65 .
My room is large enough to take a 65. But the price jump is prohibitively expensive.
Is the jump worth it or should I stick with the 65?

How much is the difference u are getting in your place? It should be like 50-60k.

55"-65" is not prohibitive. (5k per inch is normal, there will be less reductions if any in future).
65"-77" is prohibitive. (Comes to 50k per inch, means should wait an year or 2 for a 77").

So it's 65 then.
I'm trying to figure out if I need the A8H or A8G . Is there any stark differences between the two besides the processor?

60 vs 120hz screen, higher brightness, netflix calibrated mode, higher color volume.
Processor effect will also be significant.

Hello guys.
Ive finalised my pick as the Sony OLED. But
I'm torn between the 55 and the 65 .
My room is large enough to take a 65. But the price jump is prohibitively expensive.
Is the jump worth it or should I stick with the 65?
Don't compromise on size. If required, choose the cheaper LG. Size does matter.

So it's 65 then.
Go for the A8H which has the X1 ultimate processor. It is said to be the best processor for upscaling and motion processing.

So it's 65 then.

Do keep LG 65 CX also in your options and check out the TV. People who own both Sony and LG on this forum have said the difference between the two is not big and anyway the panel comes from the same LG Display OLED factory.

Do keep LG 65 CX also in your options and check out the TV. People who own both Sony and LG on this forum have said the difference between the two is not big and anyway the panel comes from the same LG Display OLED factory.

I have both and will still buy the sony if it were my only tv.
LG CX did exceeds all expectations though.

Last edited:
How much is the difference u are getting in your place? It should be like 50-60k.

55"-65" is not prohibitive. (5k per inch is normal, there will be less reductions if any in future).
65"-77" is prohibitive. (Comes to 50k per inch, means should wait an year or 2 for a 77").
Well said. I couldn't have said it better.

Go for the A8H which has the X1 ultimate processor. It is said to be the best processor for upscaling and motion processing.
Plus Sony 8k TVs use X1 ultimate. Therefore it will have the processing capability of top of the chart in Sony product line. Do you know there was a huge rush purchasing 9500g 65" TV for 1.49 lakhs just because this processor drives the FALD TV. So if it is X1 ultimate, it is worth it.

Back