Panasonic 2012 Models[Plasma or LED's]; Group Buy in Chennai

Hi

I have opened this Thread to start Group buy for Panasonic Plasma or LED TV 2012 at Chennai.

The story so far,

ST or GT series are not currently in stock in Chennai. Earliest expected date is 3rd week of Sept 2012.

ST Series

Gramaphone
Lakshminarasimhan
Arunprasad (TBD)

42X50D
Mylgcookie

We would be happy to include others , if interested.

Hi

I have opened this Thread to start Group buy for Panasonic Plasma or LED TV 2012 at Chennai.

The story so far,

ST or GT series are not currently in stock in Chennai. Earliest expected date is 3rd week of Sept 2012.

ST Series

Gramaphone
Lakshminarasimhan
Arunprasad (TBD)

42X50D
Mylgcookie

We would be happy to include others , if interested.

Yesterday went to Panny showrrom @ Ambattur & Phone enquired with Anna Salai showroom, Not only ST/GT, even X or XT series is not available anywhere in Tamilnadu.. Even i hv Phone enquired with Pondicherry Panny SR. The same situation prevails over there. One of Panny SR sales person informed me that there is some Shipping problem to Chennai which affected the both TN & Pondy. :eek::eek:

By getting irritated by Panasonic's unending Long Delays, i decided to buy from online retailers. But shocked by the below incident reported in Consumercourt.in. Particularly the incident is related to the same TV which i have intended to buy. :sad::sad::sad:

Plasma screen orderd through Indiatimes is delivered with the cracked panel.
Subject: Panasonic Plasma HD Television - TH-P42X50D (3001363317 - for Rs 41990)

Dear Sir,

I Had ordered a panasonic Plasma 42" television through Indiatimes website on 12th Aug 2012 and was delivered on 21st Aug through DELHIVERY Courier service with the AWB # 10111143531.

The TV inside the package had a cracked screen. I Immediately called up indiatimes customer care and registered a complain 373335 and also a mail was sent "[email protected]" and "[email protected]" ID as mentioned in the support website.

Post which i received a call from Indiatimes requesting for the defective product screenshot to be forwarded to the mailbox, I immediately sent the screenshots to all the receipients including "[email protected]" , "[email protected]". After calling up the customercare for another couple of times, i was informed that my case was being worked up by a case manager named Mukesh Kumar, who requested me to forward the chain mail to another ID "[email protected]", which i also did.

I really dont see any progress or actions being taken by the team to get my TV replaced or keeping me updated on the progress. Whenever i callup the customercare to know the progress, i just get a reply that my case has been escalated to a different team who is investigating on the same.

Request this forum to kindly take up with Indiatimes team and get the defective product replaced at the earliest or initiate a refund process if replacement is not possible.Details of the complain are given below.

Order ID : 3001363317
Complain # : 373335
Product Name : Panasonic Plasma HD Television - TH-P42X50D
Tracking No / AWB No : 10111143531

Have attached the defective products screen shot for reference.

Thanks & Regards
Venkataramana Prabhakar
+91-9886816697 / +080-23120446

So Finally decided to buy from Panny SRs.

Attachments

• Plasma Break1.jpg
    Plasma Break1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 549
  • Plasma Break2.jpg
    Plasma Break2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 543
Guys,

Please be patient, don't go for online retailers as Its very difficult to catch them in case of any such instances. This will lead to unnecessary mental stress.
Lets wait till Sept. hope the shipment starts by then...
Meanwhile try negotiating the prices with the showroom guys.. see whats the best price that you get for the group...

Last edited:
Guys, I have contact with the Panasonic authorised distributor (Pondicherry and TN) . The price will be much cheaper than , what you get at the SR's. he can deliver the goods to your home. there will not be any warranty / guarantee issues.
Pl PM me for further details.

Guys, I have contact with the Panasonic authorised distributor (Pondicherry and TN) . The price will be much cheaper than , what you get at the SR's. he can deliver the goods to your home. there will not be any warranty / guarantee issues.
Pl PM me for further details.

Wow:clapping: Thats a great news!!.

50ST50 Series

Gramaphone
Lakshminarasimhan
Arunprasad
Swageo (Bangalore)

42X50D
Mylgcookie

Really appreciate the efforts, please let us know whats the best bargain that you can strike....;)

Last edited:
Hi,
I am in the hunt for a TV, was planning to get one by this weekend.
Sounds like a group buy might yield better prices.
I would like to throw my hat in for this, where do I sign up ?

I am new here.

Thanks,
Sathish

Pls feel free to PM me.

Hi Sathish,

welcome abroad!!

Please let us know what model you are looking for? Also, we are not yet sure of the prices at the moment. So you will need wait a little bit... if you are in no hurry.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 4 September 2012 17:07
Subject: RE: PI-CS-1208-040538
To: xxx <[email protected]>

Dear Customer,

Greetings of the day!!!

We are in receipt of your E-mail Dated 2Sep2012 addressed to our Helpline.

We thank you very much for your interest in our Product and Services.

We have forwarded your request to the concerned department and our Branch Sales Manager Mr. K. Radhakrishnan will get in touch with you very soon.

You can also contact Mr. K. Radhakrishnan at +919003068833, for better assistance.

For any further assistance feel free to contact us.

Regards
Ravi Verma
Executive Customer Care
Panasonic India Pvt Ltd
Helpline - 1860 425 1860 / 1800 103 1333
Visit us at Panasonic India

Panasonic have replied to my mail regarding delay in availability of 2012 Panny models in Tamilnadu & Pondy.

Guys, you can talk to the above mentioned Personnel to know the availability.

Thanks.

Going by these prices by rajatk in another thread..

Would like to mention specific price points for these models for prospective buyers:

50GT50: 115-118 K
50ST50: 97-102 K
50UT50: 74-77 K

:rolleyes:Can we ask for ~ 90 - 95K ??:rolleyes:

Would like to mention specific price points for these models for prospective buyers:

Definitely. No harm in asking. At most the dealer may say no but agree to a price that is less than what you were prepared to pay.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I am interested in this group buy if it can be shipped to Bangalore:D
I am looking for 50ST50.

I am interested in this group buy if it can be shipped to Bangalore:D
I am looking for 50ST50.

I have already requested Lakshminarasimhan to check possibility of getting it in Bangalore.. I am also interested..

If it cannot be done, we can try out in bangalore.. I spoke to couple of dealers and its not available at present. They expect it to be available by mid sept.

But with such demand, i doubt whether we could do much bargaining. Last time I made it till 97k, but then realized stokc is not available.. :D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back