Panasonic 55GX800D ..its awesome !

mandeep

Hello dear all,

Purchased the Pana 55GX800D today.
My top three requirements were:

1) IPS panel for wide viewing angles for living room.

2) Below 70k

3) Top priority :---->>> Brilliant colour reproduction within my budget.

Panasonic has always been a Brand who is more passionate and focused on authentic reproduction of movies content.

Black levels is the main weak point. But never distracted me, as if i was missing something. (I use Sony A8f Oled in my dedicated HT room). Thats the greatness of a great company.

Will get it installed tommorrow :)

Upscaling is a little weak for non-Hd content. HD channels looked fantastic. Sports motion is great, without any motion related anomalies.

Didn't like LG LED range. They focus more on OLEDS. Found samsung/Sony to be overly priced and samsung's over-saturation hamper overall pic quality.

Will try to post complete review after using it extensively.

Regards

Hello dear all,

2) Below 70k

Panasonic has always been a Brand who is more passionate and focused on authentic reproduction of movies content.

Black levels is the main weak point. But never distracted me, as if i was missing something. (I use Sony A8f Oled in my dedicated HT room). Thats the greatness of a great company.

Upscaling is a little weak for non-Hd content. HD channels looked fantastic. Sports motion is great, without any motion related anomalies.

Didn't like LG LED range. They focus more on OLEDS. Found samsung/Sony to be overly priced and samsung's over-saturation hamper overall pic quality.

Regards
Congrats on the purchase.
How much did you buy this for and from where?

Have you tried their new hx range???

HX series is new but feature wise its a step down series i guess. Its missing some great features of the GX series such as HDR 10+ support, Dynamic HDR Effect and nothing is mentioned about its motion handling capabilities on their website under specs.

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase.
How much did you buy this for and from where?
It wasn't available where i live. Had to go to my neighboring state showroom. :) The MRP of the product is 1.03 Lac, purchase price 70K + free Panasonic soundbar worth Rs 15,990/- (Model no: SC-HTB200, with optical and HDMI ARC, 80W).

It wasn't available where i live. Had to go to my neighboring state showroom. :) The MRP of the product is 1.03 Lac, purchase price 70K + free Panasonic soundbar worth Rs 15,990/- (Model no: SC-HTB200, with optical and HDMI ARC, 80W).

congratulations on your new purchase. And that IMO is very good deal.

Excellent TV purchase. I have really good experience with pana products. I have 4 TV of pana in my family. Im getting a deal for 55K in delhi for the same model with card discounts. Really pondering whether to shellout for this TV OR go for chinese brand as this TV wont be used much.

Last edited:
Hello dear all,

2) Below 70k

Regards
Hi I've been researching on this model and came across 2 TVs under same name but different panels
What's the difference between gx800d and gx800b?
Looks like gx800b international model has va panel
But in India it's ips panel for gx800d
Can you please explain what's going on

Hi I've been researching on this model and came across 2 TVs under same name but different panels
What's the difference between gx800d and gx800b?
Looks like gx800b international model has va panel
But in India it's ips panel for gx800d
Can you please explain what's going on
In india we have only the IPS Panel for the Panasonic GX800D. But this model seems to be the KING of them all among the IPS Panels. There is something thats so loveable about its picture quality.
yes, Gx800b is the international model with the VA panel.

In india we have only the IPS Panel for the Panasonic GX800D. But this model seems to be the KING of them all among the IPS Panels. There is something thats so loveable about its picture quality.
yes, Gx800b is the international model with the VA panel.
Please share your full review and watching experience at night (low light)

Believe me, if you mostly watch your television at night with lights off OR in a dark room during day. Then you should go for an OLED. A pana OLED or a Sony OLED.
LED LCD tv's are not an ideal choice. I have a dedicated HT room also. Firstly i used an LCD LED Tv the Sony X900E. This model is known for its Blacks etc etc etc. I hated it, due to the shortcomings of these panels. An OLED with proper white 6500 K back-lighting is what you should aim for. Thats just my practical experience talking :)

Believe me, if you mostly watch your television at night with lights off OR in a dark room during day. Then you should go for an OLED. A pana OLED or a Sony OLED.
LED LCD tv's are not an ideal choice. I have a dedicated HT room also. Firstly i used an LCD LED Tv the Sony X900E. This model is known for its Blacks etc etc etc. I hated it, due to the shortcomings of these panels. An OLED with proper white 6500 K back-lighting is what you should aim for. Thats just my practical experience talking :)
I'm looking for a 65inch so oleds are way out of my pocket reach
Thanks for suggesting tho

If you are even mentioning night or low light, or having it as your primary scenario, you should stay away from anything IPS.
Look for FALD if you are even looking at LEDs. OLEDs are ideal.
Checkout the Toshiba U79 at one of the reliance stores.

Installation complete :) Done yesterday. Great prompt service by Panasonic, even on sunday.
I am planning to buy this TV. It appears that you did a lot of research before buying it, I would be thankful if you could help me out?

1. Backlight bleed?
2. Comparison with other TVs? How does it compare with your OLED in terms of color?
3. Is it FALD TV? How many zones does it have?
4. Nits?
4. Any other points I should be aware of. It will be used in a well lit living room.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back