Panasonic Viera 32'' LX800 vs Samsung Series 5

yup, all correct.....adjusting the backlight is one of the ways to calibrate your LCD TV for optimum black levels.

It is surprising that a flagship model Panasonic LCD will not have backlight control.....have you checked with Panasonic customer care?

To me

1. Backlight can give good Blacklevel & colour reproduction.
2.It can increase lamps life if kept at lower levels.
3.As yrs pass,screen can look dull(poor). Then increasing Backlight can give better performance.

I may be wrong then pls correct this.

yup, all correct.....adjusting the backlight is one of the ways to calibrate your LCD TV for optimum black levels.

It is surprising that a flagship model Panasonic LCD will not have backlight control.....have you checked with Panasonic customer care?

I went in Vijaysales yesterday and checked LX80 menu.It doesnt.
Vinod David has confirmed that LX700 has it.Phantom confirmed 800 doesnt.

happy diwali to all of you!

moved into my new home and had no internet either during this time...

i bought a panasonic viera 32'' LX800 eventually over diwali weekend.
my tata sky has been relocated and installed today. however, i'm waiting for the lx800 to be now unpacked and wall mounted on my bedroom tv unit! all technicians and workers in pune seem to have run away to their respective "gaon" for diwali.

i was informed that lx800 has "automatic, built-in" backlight control and there is no manual option available from the osd menu to play around with it. the lcd tv does "what is best".

home town, vijay sales, croma, other dealers did not have this model in their showroom or even in stock! i bought it from rajesh trading corporation (kasba peth). they are a "panasonic brand shop". you must meet "vinod" over there to get a low down on panasonic and their products (including their plasmas and lcd's) . also viewed it over the 50" plasma (th-50py850h). talked about other products and about national, panasonic, matsushita etc. the owner of this store rajesh too was very helpful and had no problem in me keeping vinod engaged for so long! i was there for almost 2 hours i guess. they are soon expecting to get the bd-30 blue ray player and hook it it to all the tv's!

he also got down to show me a "beta" version of hd transmission over cable tv! a local cable operator named icc url]http://www.iccnetwork.net/new/HD_data/HD_TV_Launch.html[/url] is in advanced stages of testing hd content (4 foreign language hd channels) and this store had access to it. the set top box had a hdmi out and the picture quality was great on both the plasmas and hd. the lower spec'd lcd cried out in pain (blank, flicker, etc.) whenever we switched from sd to hd.

imho, lx800 is probably worth it for just their ips alpha panel with a 100hz implementation implementation. surely sound is not all that great, but then it's pretty decent at video and if you need better ound then throw in a cheap htib, sonodyne ex soundbar, yamaha digital sound projector!

the posts on various threads on lcd's were really useful. thanks everyone!

i'll keep you posted on my experiences ...

i'm now going to start to research for an really inexpensive upscaling dvd player(samsung, sony, philips) with hdmi out or probably a hdd based multi media player like divico.

ciao,

bhuvan.

happy diwali to all of you!

moved into my new home and had no internet either during this time...

i bought a panasonic viera 32'' LX800 eventually over diwali weekend.
my tata sky has been relocated and installed today. however, i'm waiting for the lx800 to be now unpacked and wall mounted on my bedroom tv unit! all technicians and workers in pune seem to have run away to their respective "gaon" for diwali.

i was informed that lx800 has "automatic, built-in" backlight control and there is no manual option available from the osd menu to play around with it. the lcd tv does "what is best".

home town, vijay sales, croma, other dealers did not have this model in their showroom or even in stock! i bought it from rajesh trading corporation (kasba peth). they are a "panasonic brand shop". you must meet "vinod" over there to get a low down on panasonic and their products (including their plasmas and lcd's) . also viewed it over the 50" plasma (th-50py850h). talked about other products and about national, panasonic, matsushita etc. the owner of this store rajesh too was very helpful and had no problem in me keeping vinod engaged for so long! i was there for almost 2 hours i guess. they are soon expecting to get the bd-30 blue ray player and hook it it to all the tv's!

he also got down to show me a "beta" version of hd transmission over cable tv! a local cable operator named icc url]http://www.iccnetwork.net/new/HD_data/HD_TV_Launch.html[/url] is in advanced stages of testing hd content (4 foreign language hd channels) and this store had access to it. the set top box had a hdmi out and the picture quality was great on both the plasmas and hd. the lower spec'd lcd cried out in pain (blank, flicker, etc.) whenever we switched from sd to hd.

imho, lx800 is probably worth it for just their ips alpha panel with a 100hz implementation implementation. surely sound is not all that great, but then it's pretty decent at video and if you need better ound then throw in a cheap htib, sonodyne ex soundbar, yamaha digital sound projector!

the posts on various threads on lcd's were really useful. thanks everyone!

i'll keep you posted on my experiences ...

i'm now going to start to research for an really inexpensive upscaling dvd player(samsung, sony, philips) with hdmi out or probably a hdd based multi media player like divico.

ciao,

bhuvan.

Hi:

Congrats on purchase of 32" LX800. A great TV indeed. Have a great time with it in your new house.:)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back