Panasonic Viera 32'' LX800 vs Samsung Series 5

Hello all :

My PV8 came home last nite and i must say its just absolutely brilliant... :) I watched Nat Geo for hours and i couldn't believe i'm watching TV... This is the best plasma if your content is mostly SD viewing, I don't have a HD setup so im not really concerned about HD for now.

Like i said from the demo Blacks, reds are nice and deep, but yellows and sepia tones suck. The contrast levels are really good, but for the first 100 or 200 hours i thought i'll play it low key with contrast.

The TV looks great, simple non-clutter design. I'm waiting for it to be mounted on the wall by the Panasonic guys.

Any tips on maintaining the plasma guys?

And Thank You all for the help, advice and encouragement. I owe it you all for bringing me into the world of Plasma and I'm loving it :D

Cheers!

Hello all :

My PV8 came home last nite and i must say its just absolutely brilliant... :) I watched Nat Geo for hours and i couldn't believe i'm watching TV... This is the best plasma if your content is mostly SD viewing, I don't have a HD setup so im not really concerned about HD for now.

Like i said from the demo Blacks, reds are nice and deep, but yellows and sepia tones suck. The contrast levels are really good, but for the first 100 or 200 hours i thought i'll play it low key with contrast.

The TV looks great, simple non-clutter design. I'm waiting for it to be mounted on the wall by the Panasonic guys.

And Thank You all for the help, advice and encouragement. I owe it you all for bringing me into the world of Plasma and I'm loving it :D

Cheers!

Praveen:

Congrats on PV8 purchase. How is the SD quality when compared to showroom and in your living room ?

Please post pictures after your setup, if possible :D

53k? that's an awesome deal! Now please tell these 32" LCD buying people to not waste their money and just pay up a little bit more for that 42" Plasma :)

Hello all :

Cheers!

Hi Praveen

Congratulations on your purchase , welcome to the plasma family, i myself tell the lcd users to try out plasma ones, and instead of going for 32" lcd, they should go for a 42" plasma.

For the intial run in period of about 150 + hours, please ensure that you keep brightness and contrast at 50%, don't push it to maximum.

Also ensure that you use anti burn features and enable the same .

I use pixel shift for my plasma and i have it at 3-3-1 .

For first 200 odd hours just don't push your set, once you get a good run in then it will work great wonders ...

Hi:

These were my observations:

- Excellent SD pictures in both LX700 and LX800. Color is slightly better in 800 when compared to 700, thanx to better contrast ratio of 800.

- Terrible SQ from LX800, only two options for sound, normal mode and surround mode; surround mode offers very normal sound, i felt it was like my 21" LG flatron:eek:. Sound comes only from below the TV where the speakers are hidden, which I felt not good. Have to increase it beyond 40 for loud volume.

- Brilliant surround sound from LX700. It has three sound options. Even 25 is good volume in 700.

- Black levels same in both models, excellent.

- Both are 100 Hz TV with motion pro.

Please have demo of 700 and 800 side by side before taking the plunge.:)

Hi,
After consulting you yesterday I cld see700 & 8(not 800) side by side.
As you said colours are better with 8 series.100hz was not making any
major difference with moving car.

Prices-
LX8 -33000
LX700 -41000
LX800 -42000

Thinking of future Blue ray 24p,I think 800 will be better buy than700.
SQ on all LCDs is average.
Thinking of picture Q I decided800,What do you think?
You have seen 800 with 700?

Hi,

Prices-
LX8 -33000
LX700 -41000
LX800 -42000

I also booked the LX800 for 42,500 yesterday in Bangalore. 100 Hz was making a lot of difference when I watched scrolling tickers. It was as good as CRT. TV is getting delivered today. But unfortunately I am going out of town for the next 3 days. I will post my initial observations on Tuesday.

My first post has generated a lot of response and gave me plenty of food for thought. I believe I have made up my mind and will go for Panasonic LX800.
As to what I actually buy I will post after coming back from the shop;)

I also booked the LX800 for 42,500 yesterday in Bangalore. 100 Hz was making a lot of difference when I watched scrolling tickers. It was as good as CRT. TV is getting delivered today. But unfortunately I am going out of town for the next 3 days. I will post my initial observations on Tuesday.

Pls do post your opinion.
I was told Rs.48000 for lx800 in Bombay exhibition today,which is more
than dealor close to my house.(42000)

Hi,

Prices-
LX8 -33000
LX700 -41000
LX800 -42000

Hi:

Good decision on Panny 32"LX800, it's always safe to buy the latest model than the outgoing ones. 800 is an excellent tv with good looks and great SD quality with a better contrast ratio than 700. One thing I would like to correct is the SQ in 700 is far better than 800, in fact it's one of the highlight in most forums globally, praising the SQ of 700. I too found out on a side-by-side comparision of 700 and 800, but then that's the only difference I could find :rolleyes:.

Yes, take the plunge, bring home an LX800:D

But sound quality on an FPD is only going to be tolerable at best. So if you want decnt sound you'd have too hook it up to some kind of independent sound system. So don't let SQ be a deciding factor at all.

It is for the 800, not the 80, which is maybe 31-32K.
At the show it was marked for 42 odd but as I stated earlier, I spoke to their guy and he said he could do it.

How was you able to reduce from 42 to 38k?
How did you patav them?
I m planning to go to Kohinoor within 2 days.
Was the stall of pany belonged to Kohinoor in AV exibin Mumbai?

Did you get your 800?
Pls review it as early as possible.

Yup, me too waiting for your review...especially how is it with SD?
Yes. It is just delivered today. It took some time because they did not have it in stock.

Unboxing ceremony is tonight after I reach home :) I will post my initial impressions tonight.

Mr Phantom...trust u won't get to bed tonight without putting down your review :rolleyes:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back