Purchased Pioneer BDP 170

Congrats Accord for your purchase. I just want to know how much you pad for this ? Do you bought it through online order ? If yes please share your experience regarding the service level . Is this Player available in Delhi Gaffar Market as you are from Delhi ?

Congrats Accord for your purchase. I just want to know how much you pad for this ? Do you bought it through online order ? If yes please share your experience regarding the service level . Is this Player available in Delhi Gaffar Market as you are from Delhi ?

As far as i remember i have paid 12K to my noida dealer and mrp was 12999/-. you can contact the pioneer dealer Mr. Jaspreet - 9312726222 @ Shop Number- 42, gaffar market.

PM if required any help.:)

As far as i remember i have paid 12K to my noida dealer and mrp was 12999/-. you can contact the pioneer dealer Mr. Jaspreet - 9312726222 @ Shop Number- 42, gaffar market.

PM if required any help.:)

Congrats on the purchase. I bought this player 3-4months back for my uncle from fairdeal electronics when this model was not easily available. I got it for 10.5k and i believe someone else had got it for even lesser like 9-9.5k. Nothing wrong with the price you paid coz the product is finally functioning as per you needs. Just to alert other buyers....you can get it cheaper.

hi

i have pioneer BDT-170 but there is somthing wrong.
If i move sharpness slide from 0 to +5 nothing change, the image (for example a sharpness test pattern) remain the same.

How is possible?

There is a way to change video mode (cinema, custom ecc) directly into the film vision?

hi

i have BDT-170 and i have a problem.
If a move sharpness slide from 0 to +5 nothing change into the image.

How is possible?

There is a way to change video setting when watching a film?

Hi,

Did anyone know how to play mp3 files from multiple folders continuously from mp3 disk. Now it's playing only one folder and stops at the last song.

Thanks

Hi justinsekar,

As far as i experienced, you can't do so. Will confirm you after trying again.

Amit

Hi, I purchased the pioneer BDP 170 very recently for 10k in bangalore (with out warranty ) region specific to "A" .

Initially i was looking for media player since i am more in to audio quality than video .With limited budget i have non of the media player with DLNA features are not less than 60k starting .So i decided on Pioneer BDP 170 after talking to some of my home theater consultants worked in my architecture projects .

Here is my review on the same.

Pros

1. The audio out put is very clean and clear with zero noise in both HDMI and analog.
2. I can feel a clear difference in MP3 or FLAC play quality when i played from samsung Tv to BOSE vs pioneer bdp 170 to Bose
3. DLNA feature is rocking ,you can play from any android smart phone just like than with third party DLNA player apps
4. DLNA can work both ways ,play from source or browse through BDP 170 to play ( in case of HDD )
5. This is one BDP player with co axial , RCA and HDMI out put .This helps you to play only music connecting to your amp or play av both with out changing cables every time
6. Best option in this price segment with all major features in built .

Cons

1. The outer shell build quality is mid range, cannot expect to load heavy equipment on top of it
2. Front display is very limited information and the glass on the front is to shinny that some times you cannot read the leds in bright light due to top reflection
3. The OS is very basic with little help to understand
4. Some times the OS freezes and you need to hard restart by power off
5. The remote codes are not provided to configure to my Bose universal remote ( i am yet searching for it - will update if i am successful )
6. DLNA doesnt work if you leave a CD / DVD in side the unit .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects & Interior Designers
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects

Hi justinsekar,
The only way is to create playlist and it is possible with in BDP 170 DLNA ,but if you change the location of the songs in you HDD or digital server it will show you error .
There is no other way to play continuously one folder after the other to my limited knowledge as on today.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N

I got my BDP 170 yesterday only from Chennai. I am located at Kolkata. I am using the same with Denon AVR 2100W along with Bose 301 Speaker. Audio quality, specifically the tonal quality of the player is very good and picture is also sharp and having good depth. Previously, I was using Sony Blueray Player. I am having one issue. Can anyone guide me.

In the initial Set up - HDMI - HDMI Audio Out is coming as PCM. I have tried to alter the same, by changing the position in the Audio a Output ( Initial Set Up ) but it is appearing as static with no option of change. As a result, even at the time of playing of Blue-ray Disc with DTS HD, it is appearing as Stereo. Can anyone help me how to change the set up to enable me to get DTS / Dolby while playing the Disc.

Last edited:
Using Cambridge DAC Magic 100 with Pioneer Bluray Player BDP 170 will improve the audio quality to a great extent ? Presently, I am using Pioneer BDP 170 with Denon AVR 2100W with Bose 301 Speaker. Can anyone guide me please ? Accordingly I will plan myself to buy the DAC. Please help.

Hi, I purchased the pioneer BDP 170 very recently for 10k in bangalore (with out warranty ) region specific to "A" .

Initially i was looking for media player since i am more in to audio quality than video .With limited budget i have non of the media player with DLNA features are not less than 60k starting .So i decided on Pioneer BDP 170 after talking to some of my home theater consultants worked in my architecture projects .

Here is my review on the same.

Pros

1. The audio out put is very clean and clear with zero noise in both HDMI and analog.
2. I can feel a clear difference in MP3 or FLAC play quality when i played from samsung Tv to BOSE vs pioneer bdp 170 to Bose
3. DLNA feature is rocking ,you can play from any android smart phone just like than with third party DLNA player apps
4. DLNA can work both ways ,play from source or browse through BDP 170 to play ( in case of HDD )
5. This is one BDP player with co axial , RCA and HDMI out put .This helps you to play only music connecting to your amp or play av both with out changing cables every time
6. Best option in this price segment with all major features in built .

Cons

1. The outer shell build quality is mid range, cannot expect to load heavy equipment on top of it
2. Front display is very limited information and the glass on the front is to shinny that some times you cannot read the leds in bright light due to top reflection
3. The OS is very basic with little help to understand
4. Some times the OS freezes and you need to hard restart by power off
5. The remote codes are not provided to configure to my Bose universal remote ( i am yet searching for it - will update if i am successful )
6. DLNA doesnt work if you leave a CD / DVD in side the unit .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N

Just to update --
DLNA do work even if you leave a CD / DVD inside the unit .It takes little time once you stop CD from auto play.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N

Got My New BDP 170 for 9500k in bangalore, Awsome product except, its not connecting to my pogoplug DLNA or it can recognize any DLNA :=( but I use it to connect to rDac and then my NAD 375 BEE with PSB T5 what else you need to bring down the house :) btw I connect using co-axial since rDac support 192KHZ on coaxial only.

Back