Purchased Pioneer BDP 170

Hey,
I'm using my BDP 170 for my music playback from USB inputs; very good output.

I'm using BDP HDMI out to an Onkyo entry level AVR with Pioneer FS-52 speakers. I never tried the onboad DAC of the BDP -170; i suspect that might be better than ONKYO?

I'm planning to get a stereo setup. thinking of Marantz PM 6005 and KEF Q 300; connecting BDP 170 to Marantz Coaxial input. Hope this will give better audio output.. what you guys think?

Hi

When I am using this BDP for music it plays only music CD and when I try to use USB it did not detect. Are you using TV screen for navigation or how you are choosing USB input. Can you explain me so that I could use this properly. I request other members to help me to understand how can I use this to play songs from USB or MP3 disc. Many thanks in advance.

Hi

When I am using this BDP for music it plays only music CD and when I try to use USB it did not detect. Are you using TV screen for navigation or how you are choosing USB input. Can you explain me so that I could use this properly. I request other members to help me to understand how can I use this to play songs from USB or MP3 disc. Many thanks in advance.

No one seems to be interested in spending some time for this sily question, or may be my query is not rightly narrated.

No one seems to be interested in spending some time for this sily question, or may be my query is not rightly narrated.

I dont own this player,but I played flac,mp3 files easily from 1 TB hard disc at FM house.It may be format issue.So tell us more about issue.

If you go to main/ home menu (by navigating through TV) it should be shown there as USB, then you choose that to play music and navigate your playlist.

If you chose it as movie then you cant play music.

If still that is not showing/ working then format your USB in preferred file system as NTFS and copy your playlist again. I hope it should work.

Cheers, Amit :)

If you go to main/ home menu (by navigating through TV) it should be shown there as USB, then you choose that to play music and navigate your playlist.

If you chose it as movie then you cant play music.

If still that is not showing/ working then format your USB in preferred file system as NTFS and copy your playlist again. I hope it should work.

Cheers, Amit :)

Thank you very much, I will try today, hope this will work.:)

Thank you very much, I will try today, hope this will work.:)
Yes,I forgot to mention that if you want to play audio files,then select Music in the pioneer menu.Then select music file to play.Other files(say video) cant be played.You have to go back to main menu and select video option,then search for video files you want to play.:)

Yes,I forgot to mention that if you want to play audio files,then select Music in the pioneer menu.Then select music file to play.Other files(say video) cant be played.You have to go back to main menu and select video option,then search for video files you want to play.:)

Thank you, I have tried and played songs and movie thru USB. I want to use this player for listening music in my bedroom where I have not kept TV and therefore it is very difficult to navigate thru Home - Home Media Gallery - USB - Music folders.

Is there any setting available so that when I connect my external hard disk it could automatically read music files without navigating. I did not find any. Please inform if you have find any other way to use this for music without using TV.

Many thanks for your attention.

I have messaged him, he is ready to ship to pune, waiting for review from anyone pickups or buys

I talked to one of the dealers in Chennai. Currently BDP-180 is retaining at 18.5K without warranty. But within 20 days the product will be officially launched and the price is yet to be determined. Once it is officially launched, the product will also come with warranty. So if you are planning to buy Pioneer, then wait for a month.

Back