Samsung Frame 2020 as a viable mid-range alternative

One related question, I got the following quotes:
Sony 65 inch X95G at 1.53
Samsung 65 inch Q70R at 1.57

Between the two, what is a better option?. Thanks.

My personal suggestion would be Sony X95G between these two..

Sony has Android, much brighter panel (1200nits vs 800 nits), eARC port, USB 3 port, Dolby vision (Samsung has Hdr10+).. Accurate picture calibration out of the box. Etc..

OTher things like local dimming, 120HZ refresh rate etc are similar between these TVs

Samsung has better contrast but sony still have a good contrast and a good local dimming.. so nothing to worry..

Oh undoubtedly X950G is leader in its class. Frame 2020 is just a consideration on price. I am not a pixel peeper - I am sure sony beats frame in PQ, but I am not sure how much of that I can spot in regular daily usage.

Oh undoubtedly X950G is leader in its class. Frame 2020 is just a consideration on price. I am not a pixel peeper - I am sure sony beats frame in PQ, but I am not sure how much of that I can spot in regular daily usage.

You will see the obvious difference during upscaling less than 4k content.. sony wins hands down..

I was hoping Samsung or Flipkart launch some offers on Frame during current sale - not much is there except 1.5k discount on HDFC cards.

Atleast a promotional exchange offer would have been nice too.

Currently I am just sitting on the edge! If they launch 75in in 1.7L after all discounts, I'll get that.

I was hoping Samsung or Flipkart launch some offers on Frame during current sale - not much is there except 1.5k discount on HDFC cards.

Currently I am just sitting on the edge! If they launch 75in in 1.7L after all discounts, I'll get that.

That's the previous year's model though. That wasn't that good. This year there's a good bump in brightness and contrast ratio is great too.

Oh! Do note that at that size, even if you sit in the center, the corners will have noticeable contrast and gamma variation. Wide angle filter is needed at that size for critical viewers at least.

Right. Flipkart and Samsung website lists 2020 model as well. 65in is 1.4L, hoping to get it for 1.3 with offers!

My 90% preference is 65in, but the remaining 10% is crazy side of me. Let's see!

Haha! Bigger is more immersive, but beyond 65-inch, wide agle filter on VA panels is a necessity for me at least. 65 can still work without one, so I'll suggest stick with that only for now, or save up for a 75-inch FALD with wide angle filter.

Sony X900H has seen +ve reviews from users in reddit. If sony plays smart and sell it as a mid range TV in India with pricing near to that of Samsung frame, this could be the best mid range tv

Sony X900H has seen +ve reviews from users in reddit. If sony plays smart and sell it as a mid range TV in India with pricing near to that of Samsung frame, this could be the best mid range tv

Why would they though? As long as they keep it as the cheapest, good FALD option, it'll sell.

Frame is undoubtedly the best priced TV, if we compare it to US market. In US 50,55 and 65 in are priced 1200, 1400 and 1900 dollars. India proces of 75k, 82k and 140k is best that we have seen from top three brands.

C9 is 1500 and 2200 dollars in US for 55 and 65 in where as in India - they are 1.3L and 2.1L in best of their prices.

Sony is worst of it all - 65x950G is 1400 dollars vs India of 167k.

I am using 55" Q80R , in Europe this model is sold as Q85R. It has 100 diming zones, Premium build and comes with One Connect Box. The only difference between this model and eq Q90R is the no of diming zones. 55" Q90R has 240 diming zones. I am really impressed with this unit, either it's HDR content or SDR, the unit really shines. The FALD performs really well and black level is really impressive. I am not sure about your budget but this model is worth considering.

I am using 55" Q80R , in Europe this model is sold as Q85R. It has 100 diming zones, Premium build and comes with One Connect Box. The only difference between this model and eq Q90R is the no of diming zones. 55" Q90R has 240 diming zones. I am really impressed with this unit, either it's HDR content or SDR, the unit really shines. The FALD performs really well and black level is really impressive. I am not sure about your budget but this model is worth considering.
Bought in India? How much was it for?

Spoke to couple of Samsung Plaza outlets - they saying that Frame will remain an online-only model and they'll never get it in showroom. Is Samsung expecting people to do a blind buy for a 1.4L 65 in TV?

Spoke to couple of Samsung Plaza outlets - they saying that Frame will remain an online-only model and they'll never get it in showroom. Is Samsung expecting people to do a blind buy for a 1.4L 65 in TV?

That's the MRP. In sales, especially during diwali, you can expect 15-20% off.

TCL C815 or Vu models will never be tested by Rtings. At least you're getting a tested model in Frame 2020. ;)

Same for H8G. Let's wait for that launch. Mid-range market needs some good options. It's a null right now.

Samsung is a mystery for me. I still haven't got the idea about their pricing strategy. Not sure why they would price QLEDs more than OLEDs and now why they are trying to shove 8K down consumer's throats.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back