Samsung Frame 2020 as a viable mid-range alternative

Spoke to couple of Samsung Plaza outlets - they saying that Frame will remain an online-only model and they'll never get it in showroom. Is Samsung expecting people to do a blind buy for a 1.4L 65 in TV?

Testing is also important because even if TCL or Vu mention 400 nits in specs, there's no guarantee that they are hitting that in usage in accurate modes.

If you check on Rtings, TCL Series 5 barely doesn't even hit 300 nits in HDR mode. Infact, it's brighter in SDR modes than HDR, where it hits 320 nits or so.

So in Frame 2020, you're getting tested performance that's bare minimum for impactful HDR.

Samsung is a mystery for me. I still haven't got the idea about their pricing strategy. Not sure why they would price QLEDs more than OLEDs and now why they are trying to shove 8K down consumer's throats.
Because of the profit margin.Samsung is using all tricks to compete against OLEDs.to start with the name QLED and 8K and 10 year burn-in warranty.Samsung thinks that it will get away with it.Also in birght showrooms you can not see any blooming.

Imagine samsung sales person telling normal consumer that you are getting a 8K tv and peace of mind for 10 year from burn-in.I watched some youtube channel FOMO or something its mentioned by that guy that samsung sold more 8k tvs thank LG OLED last year.I dont know if its true. if it is then samsung is succeeding.

Spoke to couple of Samsung Plaza outlets - they saying that Frame will remain an online-only model and they'll never get it in showroom. Is Samsung expecting people to do a blind buy for a 1.4L 65 in TV?
I think its like that only every year.even last year samsung was selling it online exclusively.

Flipkart had a good deal last year on frame tv on big billion day.so someone planning to buy it wait till october.

Because of the profit margin.Samsung is using all tricks to compete against OLEDs.to start with the name QLED and 8K and 10 year burn-in warranty.Samsung thinks that it will get away with it.Also in birght showrooms you can not see any blooming.

Imagine samsung sales person telling normal consumer that you are getting a 8K tv and peace of mind for 10 year from burn-in.I watched some youtube channel FOMO or something its mentioned by that guy that samsung sold more 8k tvs thank LG OLED last year.I dont know if its true. if it is then samsung is succeeding.

Very true, when I went to the showroom last month, the sales guy was trying to sell me Q60R by saying its QLED technology and its better than OLED . When I asked him about Sony x950G, he said, the Q60R is far better TV since its QLED, and it is offered at a similar price. Damn these sales guys, I was about to fall for it, but thankfully sanity prevailed and I came back to ask opinion here and only to find that Q60R is no way close to x950G.

Q70R definitely.. It's brighter and has FALD...
Advantage of Frame 2020 over Q70R is it has eARC port and oneconnect box..

But a brighter panel with FALD is definitely more worth.. so get Q70R

Q70R is hands down a better tv in terms of picture quality and best for gaming. But the biggest downside is that it does not support HDMI 2.1 while the frame 2020 and other 2020 samsung tvs does. For gamers and PC monitor users, that's a big downside for being future-proof. This thing is also eating me up inside out in deciding whether to go forward with frame or wait for the q70t/q80t line ups (although they would be almost twice the price of frame)

This thing is also eating me up inside out in deciding whether to go forward with frame or wait for the q70t/q80t line ups (although they would be almost twice the price of frame)
Samsung 2020 4K QLED prices are out on their site. Confusing price strategy though there are some discounts at launch.

8K is atrociously priced though.

Samsung is a mystery for me. I still haven't got the idea about their pricing strategy. Not sure why they would price QLEDs more than OLEDs and now why they are trying to shove 8K down consumer's throats.
They market qleds as an alternative to OLEDs. May be even better. So I think it’s the right move from their marketing. Some people prefer the qleds over the oleds thinking it’s not like other LEDs. Samsung to me a cheap company who just do dirty tricks like naming QLED like OLED just to steal some OLED consumers;) they say OLEDS are bad and all of their phones have OLEDs. Also, they mocked Apple a lot in the past and slowly copied what apple did bad their phones. It’s a dirty company with marketing, but products are not all bad.

So I've been trying to purchase the frame but when I go to the website it says your pincode is unserviceable, which is very surprising as I stay in HSR layout of Bangalore.

I've tried reaching the customer support through chat, email, and phone but wasn't able to connect until today, and when I finally did the person on the other end didn't have any knowledge on product availability and she kept asking me to go back to the website.

I really want to purchase this tv within this month as they have some good offers running like 9k cashback and no cost emi of 18 months.

Does anyone have any idea of the availablity through Samsung's website itself? Because on Flipkart they do not have a no cost emi for my bank.

Does anyone have any idea of the availablity through Samsung's website itself?

55in variant is quick running variant. It has been out of stock for last 10 days. Since yesterday, even 65in variant went out of stock.

Surprisingly, even when the 65in variant was in stock at Samsung site, it said that my pincode, in Bangalore Hebbal, it was not available.

I feel given a week's time, it should come back in stock. If it doesn't come back in stock in 10days or so, we can say good bye to all diwali offer hopes.

Q70R is hands down a better tv in terms of picture quality and best for gaming. But the biggest downside is that it does not support HDMI 2.1 while the frame 2020 and other 2020 samsung tvs does. For gamers and PC monitor users, that's a big downside for being future-proof. This thing is also eating me up inside out in deciding whether to go forward with frame or wait for the q70t/q80t line ups (although they would be almost twice the price of frame)
i had the same dilemma and got the q70r , hdmi 2.1 is far off, hitting 4k 120 you need a very high end SLI rig which most of us can never afford, next gen consoles will be mostly be 4k 30 and 4k 60 , 4k 120 will be in select indie arcade titles only most likely. keep one thing in mind one connect box is great but the moment the cable breaks or the box malfunctions , you are in heap loads trouble. I saw some nightmare stories in US reviews and went straight to q70R. One more thing as well whether one connect cable can really do 4k 120 , as there is currently no way to test this.

Last edited:
i had the same dilemma and got the q70r , hdmi 2.1 is far off, hitting 4k 120 you need a very high end SLI rig which most of us can never afford, next gen consoles will be mostly be 4k 30 and 4k 60 , 4k 120 will be in select indie arcade titles only most likely. keep one thing in mind one connect box is great but the moment the cable breaks or the box malfunctions , you are in heap loads trouble. I saw some nightmare stories in US reviews and went straight to q70R. One more thing as well whether one connect cable can really do 4k 120 , as there is currently no way to test this.
Hi, congrats for the purchase. if you have got the q70r would be helpful if you could put in a review of the tele. Hoping to get some insights.

Great buy, how much did you get the Q70R for? Also, did you consider LG SM9000 or Sony X950G as well for comparision?

To give you context, even I am planning to get a mid-range 4k TV before PS5 gets out so will probably wait for Diwali discounts.

Purchased the frame for around 74k during big billion day wait for the upcoming sale to get best discount
I noticed currently there is no sale on flipkart but Samsung is giving 9k cashback.

Did you get for 55in for 74k? How has been your experience so far?

I noticed currently there is no sale on flipkart but Samsung is giving 9k cashback.

Did you get for 55in for 74k? How has been your experience so far?
I have used mi tv in past it is a definate step up from the mi tv experience especially in gaming

I just checked it i got the tv for 71500 from flipkart sale

Hi, congrats for the purchase. if you have got the q70r would be helpful if you could put in a review of the tele. Hoping to get some insights.
I am really enjoying but I don't have any other TV to compare it with, also I am not a videophile , so I did not get into the in depth details of PQ. You can ask any details though , i can test and provide results here

Great buy, how much did you get the Q70R for? Also, did you consider LG SM9000 or Sony X950G as well for comparision?

To give you context, even I am planning to get a mid-range 4k TV before PS5 gets out so will probably wait for Diwali discounts.
i got it for 92k. SM9000 i did consider but it does not get as bright as q70r, its an IPS panel, if you really need dolby vision and gsync you consider that model over q70R. X950g can definitely get brighter but its costly and lacks VRR.

I am really enjoying but I don't have any other TV to compare it with, also I am not a videophile , so I did not get into the in depth details of PQ. You can ask any details though , i can test and provide results here
Hi, thats cool just a few things maybe you can clarify:
1. Upscale of content of lower resolutions
2. There is a crushing effect mentioned of finer details when during local dimming high and in dark content. For example crushing of the stars in gravity (Floating astronaut scene).
3. Blooming effect around subtitle on dark scenes
4. HDR gaming experience with console or even pc gaming whichever you can try.
5. Hows the overall motion during fast paced sequence or sports
6. Maximum compatible hard disk
7. UI experience with respect to apps support, UI speed during navigation.
8. How effective is the local dimming when changing scenes bright to dark and vice versa. Like in terms of lag during transition and dimming taking effect.

i got it for 92k. SM9000 i did consider but it does not get as bright as q70r, its an IPS panel, if you really need dolby vision and gsync you consider that model over q70R. X950g can definitely get brighter but its costly and lacks VRR.

92k is a really good deal. If Samsung had Dolby Vision, it would have been the easiest pick, perfect for me. The only reason I am confused between Q70R & X950G is because of Dolby Vision, dont know if its worth the extra money. Also have not had a good experience with Sony TV in the past.

LG's IPS panel is a spoiler, otherwise that too would have been a worthy pick for the price.

And completely agree with you on HDMI 2.1, even next gen consoles wont have AAA titles for 4k@120 fps

Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back