Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Over the time price has come down a lot. When I was scouting for a TV back in 2019, I was quoted for 3L+ for 65" Q90R.

While I was reasonably happy with pricing of QN90A 55 but not so much with the pricing of outgoing last year's model Q95T 55 @ Rs 161K the quoted price with bargaining it will come down to Rs 154k n with a 13k soundbar thrown in.

Now contrast this with UK where consumer electronics gadgets prices are generally more expensive than India but there you can get Q95T 55 at Rs 123k INR !!!

65" having 8k would be an out of the window clarity I imagine... But some say even a 20/20 vision can't spot noticable difference unless he sits closer to the screen when the density of pixels would not distort and look like a 4k tv at close range.

While I was reasonably happy with pricing of QN90A 55 but not so much with the pricing of outgoing last year's model Q95T 55 @ Rs 161K the quoted price with bargaining it will come down to Rs 154k n with a 13k soundbar thrown in.

Now contrast this with UK where consumer electronics gadgets prices are generally more expensive than India but there you can get Q95T 55 at Rs 123k INR !!!
I have seen the 55Q95T at 1.22L in samsung corporate offer portal. And 65Q90R at 2.2L last year.

Is this corporate offer only for the Samsung employees or does it cover all...
Corporates tied up with Samsung for employee purchase programs..Between the new models are not listed for any offers so you can chill :) It will be a year before we see such offers for the Qn90A :p Sometimes if a model starts selling too well they take it off from the corporate Portal as well. Plus there are often no or minimal bank offers on these listings factoring the discount

Last edited:
65" having 8k would be an out of the window clarity I imagine... But some say even a 20/20 vision can't spot noticable difference unless he sits closer to the screen when the density of pixels would not distort and look like a 4k tv at close range.
I I have come across many articles and comments from owners of both Samsung n Sony citing n highlighting inhere
Corporates tied up with Samsung for employee purchase programs..Between the new models are not listed for any offers so you can chill :) It will be a year before we see such offers for the Qn90A :p Sometimes if a model starts selling too well they take it off from the corporate Portal as well. Plus there are often no or minimal bank offers on these listings factoring the discount
Thanks for that clarification, I am both happy n relieved :)

These 8k sets whether from Sony n Samsung have some inherent technical issues. The pixel size being so large and density being less the brightness,luminosity, Wider colour gamut all take a hit. Samsung 4k of this year has better PQ than it's 8k counterparts. Quite ironical given the fact that both Sony n Samsung have been pushing 8k so aggressively since last 2-3 years.

Is this corporate offer only for the Samsung employees or does it cover all...
Well there are two types of corporate offers one is for the corporates where depending upon the tie up as described by @Appys and other is there employee program where they have some discount. I am aware of such scheme where generally 20-25% is offered on mobile sets but have not enquired for TVs

I checked the corporate offer. The QN90A 55 inch is priced at 175990 and the 65 inch is priced at 249990 at the samsung e-store

So a piece of optical migraine costs 175990 to 249990 on corporate offer! Nice touch, uncle Sam!

Hey @Jayaesh1 , have u enquired about qn95a which is similar qn90a? Is it available in India? It comes with one connect box and have 4 HDMI 2.1 ports as well as compared to 1 HDMI 2.1 on QN90A.

Hey @Jayaesh1 , have u enquired about qn95a which is similar qn90a? Is it available in India? It comes with one connect box and have 4 HDMI 2.1 ports as well as compared to 1 HDMI 2.1 on QN90A.
Firstly my apologies for the late reply... No the QN95A won't be coming to India, it is just the QN90A, it is a VA panel but without the Ultra viewing angle or the one connect box n just 1 HDMI 2.1.

Due to the ongoing lockdown the TV units from Busan Korea are still stuck in the Mumbai warehouse , may take until 17th of this month for them to start shipping.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back