Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Sure thing bud, my TV is supposed to land sometime in the evening hence the installation should be a touch n go for today.

As for pics even though I have a pretty decent camera in my Samsung S20 plus but I am a limited photographer with little Idea of right ISO setting neither do I have a Gimbal or Tripod but I will give it a go.

The dreaded OLED bandwagon :eek::p might get really annoying in YouTube n Reddit subs but here in hifi they are mostly nice n supportive with the exception of the one or two.

B6 wasn't that the first 4k OLED launched by LG in 2016, it must have cost you a bomb then !!!

Sure thing bud, my TV is supposed to land sometime in the evening hence the installation should be a touch n go for today.

As for pics even though I have a pretty decent camera in my Samsung S20 plus but I am a limited photographer with little Idea of right ISO setting neither do I have a Gimbal or Tripod but I will give it a go.

The dreaded OLED bandwagon :eek::p might get really annoying in YouTube n Reddit subs but here in hifi they are mostly nice n supportive with the exception of the one or two.

B6 wasn't that the first 4k OLED launched by LG in 2016, it must have cost you a bomb then !!!
The pics don't have to be pro types chill, you must be super excited today, love that feeling when some Hi-Fi Gadget is getting delivered:D

Regarding the LG B6, yes i bought it in 2017 & paid 1.7L for a 55", much higher then what the 55" new models go for today.
I have used this Tv a lot & been happy with it for 4+ years now but want a change & wanna try something New & off course want a 65" screen now :p

Cheers.

but here in hifi they are mostly nice n supportive with the exception of the one or two.
There was only one such Fanboy, luckily his account was finally suspended after repeated complaints. He was a dreaded terror and made this forum toxic for everyone. Happy that Mod took appropriate action and now this forum is a much quieter/civilized place to share ideas/thoughts.

Update : Installation will be done tomorrow.

Yeah man I am excited in a way I wasn't for my CX last year. I would have been more excited if was not made to wait 2 months for delivery to come through but as they better late than never .

I had heard reports that early gen LG OLEDS were more prone to burn in or image retention than the newer ones but your B6 being in fine order defies that thought process.

Come Diwali n you will be spoilt for choices as Sony X95J n A80J will be available in India plus Samsung should get cheaper n with freebies like 5.1 Soundbar thrown in. I ideally should have waited too for Diwali but I am just too impatient and trigger happy :p

There was only one such Fanboy, luckily his account was finally suspended after repeated complaints. He was a dreaded terror and made this forum toxic for everyone. Happy that Mod took appropriate action and now this forum is a much quieter/civilized place to share ideas/thoughts.
:):D That's the 2nd best piece of news I have heard today !!!

Yeah man I am excited in a way I wasn't for my CX last year. I would have been more excited if was not made to wait 2 months for delivery to come through but as they better late than never .

I had heard reports that early gen LG OLEDS were more prone to burn in or image retention than the newer ones but your B6 being in fine order defies that thought process.

Come Diwali n you will be spoilt for choices as Sony X95J n A80J will be available in India plus Samsung should get cheaper n with freebies like 5.1 Soundbar thrown in. I ideally should have waited too for Diwali but I am just too impatient and trigger happy :p
Yes its old Oled tech & no burn in yet but was very careful for the first 100 hours or so & then not bothered much.

Is Sony launching the X95J in 65" over here? the last X95H only launched in 75", my eyes are also on the A80J for sure.

Yes its old Oled tech & no burn in yet but was very careful for the first 100 hours or so & then not bothered much.

Is Sony launching the X95J in 65" over here? the last X95H only launched in 75", my eyes are also on the A80J for sure.
Guess regarding X95J we will have to either cross-check with Sony India or wait n watch but IMO they will this year.

X95J is not even launched in the US yet.So don't have high hope.A80J seem to be the only rational choice for sony tv this year.If they price it sensibly

:):D That's the 2nd best piece of news I have heard today !!!

The person they are talking about is not the one you are thinking, this was about a year or two years ago, so a different person. He used to wage OLED war across all forums, reddit etc.

Let us see what Samsung has in store for us IPS or VA panel. LG, Samsung using IPS panels in India will lead to them losing some ground to Chinese within a few years.

Did it get installed? Send pics please, unless you've been temporarily blinded by the retina searing brightness of the TV :D

Hi guys , sorry for the delay , I had my TV installed late evening n I have been playing around with the settings n putting the set through it's paces.

First things first from the BA02 ( Code for BOE the ADS panel manufacturers) labelling on the back of the TV, yes it is ADS:eek:. So naturally the viewing angle n the colours pop. The TV is freaking bright n HDR is insane. I switched off the lights n played the Jacob + Katie Schwarz firebreather video n it looked like entire room was lit with all the fire leaping at you.

Now taking that lights off theme further the blacks n darkroom performance are very good, I watched a bunch of LG OLED demos n while the image is not exactly OLED but quite close , at least compared to my Uncle's Q70T (VA) the blacks seemed deeper n inkier with little blooming. Unless someone told you you would never know that it is ADS. Yes when viewed from extreme sides it does have blooming, LD has it quirks n is a work in progress (more updates needed). I will by tomorrow evening have a more definitive opinion about it (Black level +blooming).

Since this thing is bright like any FALD TV with 700 plus nits full field + pure whites n if you are someone like me coming from an OLED this will be a shock to your system but give it some time or tweak some settings n you will be just fine.

The upscaling of DTH n other 1080p content from Netflix,Prime, Hotstar, SonyLiv n others is much better, sharper n cleaner than my CX. But the clincher is the the combo of 2000 plus nits n high colour volume takes your HDR viewing experience to next level !!!.

To be continued...

Hi guys , sorry for the delay , I had my TV installed late evening n I have been playing around with the settings n putting the set through it's paces.

First things first from the BA02 ( Code for BOE the ADS panel manufacturers) labelling on the back of the TV, yes it is ADS:eek:. So naturally the viewing angle n the colours pop. The TV is freaking bright n HDR is insane. I switched off the lights n played the Jacob + Katie Schwarz firebreather video n it looked like entire room was lit with all the fire leaping at you.

Now taking that lights off theme further the blacks n darkroom performance are very good, I watched a bunch of LG OLED demos n while the image is not exactly OLED but quite close , at least compared to my Uncle's Q70T (VA) the blacks seemed deeper n inkier with little blooming. Unless someone told you you would never know that it is ADS. Yes when viewed from extreme sides it does have blooming, LD has it quirks n is a work in progress (more updates needed). I will by tomorrow evening have a more definitive opinion about it (Black level +blooming).

Since this thing is bright like any FALD TV with 700 plus nits full field + pure whites n if you are someone like me coming from an OLED this will be a shock to your system but give it some time or tweak some settings n you will be just fine.

The upscaling of DTH n other 1080p content from Netflix,Prime, Hotstar, SonyLiv n others is much better, sharper n cleaner than my CX. But the clincher is the the combo of 2000 plus nits n high colour volume takes your HDR viewing experience to next level !!!.

To be continued...
Looks like you are not gonna sleep tonight... Keep going...

Try out these two settings (in Cinema Mode) and you should see a noticeable overall improvement.

SDR (Turn off all Motion Enhancement)
2021-04-16_16.31.54.jpg

HDR (Turn Off all Motion Enhancements)

2021-04-16_16.33.09.jpg

What care did you take in the first 100 hours ? I have the cx 65 for the last 1 month and I am taking zero precautions .

To be continued...
Nice, any pics taken :rolleyes:
What care did you take in the first 100 hours ? I have the cx 65 for the last 1 month and I am taking zero precautions .
Just set Oled Light in settings to Low, thats all i did. I doubt the CX will get burn in.

I took some pictures in pitch dark to illustrate the the black levels on the TV. I am a lousy photographer with little to no knowledge about ISO settings but I do know these smartphones camera even decent ones like my S20 plus can make blooming appears 10x worse so I didn't bother with much bigger , brighter object in a dark background.

1080P content (Young Sheldon) from Prime + 1080P (The Assassination of Gianni Versace ) from Netflix.

of Eritrea! :p

Attachments

• 20210616_070914.jpg
    20210616_070914.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210616_070127.jpg
    20210616_070127.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20210616_070107.jpg
    20210616_070107.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210616_143633.jpg
    20210616_143633.jpg
    980 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210616_144915.jpg
    20210616_144915.jpg
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 69
1080P content (Young Sheldon) from Prime + 1080P (The Assassination of Gianni Versace ) from Netflix.
Nice, Congrats. Upscaling looks good, are there many shows on Prime Video that support HDR10+?

TBH this Tv look so much better on the table stand.

I find it hard to believe. Q90A with ips panel
Can you take a macro shot of the pixel structure, just to confirm it.
It is ADS n as the name suggests it is a more advanced version of IPS with more brightness n double the contrast ratio. The combination of high number of dimming Zones + MiniLed does a stellar job of masking the fact it is not a VA panel. Here below is a screen shot of respective pixel structure .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-204153_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-204153_Chrome.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 40
Since I could not find a side by side comparison pics of QN90A (ADS) with an IPS panel I have shot n posted a comparative pics of iPad Pro ADS with Mini LED(Left on screen) n iPad Pro (Right on screen) of last year with an IPS panel to highlight the difference in black levels.

20210616_071729.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back