Samsung/Sony/Panasonic 2012 tv lineup,When?

Chill out guys. Both resolution and panel technology are important. Selection on resolution depends on size of the television and viewing distance. On the other hand panel improvement (actual contrast, black levels and brightness) is visible at all distances.

The gist is that a 1024 x 768 46 inch television will look really bad at a distance of 6 feet even when a bluray content is being fed to it. However at 12 feet we may not differentiate between it and a full HD model if the panel technology is the same.

On the contrary a tv with a better panel technology will give truer colors (full color gamut) as well a great blacks (essential is movies having lots of dark scenes). This can be visualized at any distance especially in demanding scenes.

So Lijo is right when he says resolution is important but that is mostly for devices which have to been visualized closer to the eye e.g phones, tablets, computer monitors. An example is the new ipad which looks fabulous as compared to the ipad 2 even if both have an ips panel.

However Redflag is right when you are considering small screen sizes (<40 inch) or longer viewing distances (>10 feet). At these (average viewing distances for Tvs) the panel quality holds a upper hand.

The idiotic sarcasm is that you wont get a 640x320 plasma display anywhere.

For blu ray res is imp and I know there is no panel with 640. But when people say nonsense like resolution doesn't matter when compared to panel improvement. Then that's the answer.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

^^ It is QRS at M.G. Road, Trivandrum. They have branches all over Kerala including Cochin, so you can try inquiring there. If they still can't get it then let me know and I will ask the Panasonic Sales Manager for Cochin/Trivandrum.

If I am not mistaken, QRS used to be there on MG Road in Cochin too. Near Shenoys theater. Will check with them.

The Panasonic brand store in Bangalore is not very keen on selling anything and I am not going to try too hard to pursue this television. It has been ten days they received the 50GT50 and they have still not put it up on their wall. They are not offering a great deal too. 1.28lac is the lowest it will go and I need to do a blind buy. Not that anything can go wrong. With this attitude I don't believe they deserve my business.

Open various still images of colors black, white, red, blue and green and check for dead or sluggish pixels. Also check for image uniformity and backlight bleeding.

I have checked the XT50D/X50D is far better than U30.
That is correct. Indeed X50/XT50 is better than UT30. We must wait for UT50. I suppose that UT50 should be better than XT50, at least in theory it is.

The showroom guy said that 50UT50 will be priced around 90K (dealer price). Street price is expected to be 10K less.

That is correct. Indeed X50/XT50 is better than UT30. We must wait for UT50. I suppose that UT50 should be better than XT50, at least in theory it is.

The showroom guy said that 50UT50 will be priced around 90K (dealer price). Street price is expected to be 10K less.

50XT50 MRP is 69900 I guess and is being quoted bw 61-65K.

50UT50 MRP is 96900 and dealers are quoting 85-87k ( got one in Noida who quoted 76k also)... I think it will soon come to 80K. Not sure if 15K extra for FHD and 2500 Hz is worth the price...

Hi all

i am looking to buy a 42 inch plasma tv...am not quite sure whether i should buy the samsung 43e490 or go in for the panasonic 42ut50...plus the price is also a constraint...the price point of the samsung e490 is suitable but i still donot have any updates on the price of the panasonic panel...if any body has any idea about the price point for the panasonic...

Also please suggest if i should go in 4 the samsung or wait for the panasonic...i have no idea of the technical world...so pls if u guys could help...
thanks

Hi all

i am looking to buy a 42 inch plasma tv...am not quite sure whether i should buy the samsung 43e490 or go in for the panasonic 42ut50...plus the price is also a constraint...the price point of the samsung e490 is suitable but i still donot have any updates on the price of the panasonic panel...if any body has any idea about the price point for the panasonic...

Also please suggest if i should go in 4 the samsung or wait for the panasonic...i have no idea of the technical world...so pls if u guys could help...
thanks

Let me explain.............if it were a choice between Samsung and panasonic X30 or U30, I would have suggested Samsung since they are very good with entry level plasma's, something which Panasonic was at a disadvantage. However things now look different with the new Panasonic 2012 line up. The X50/XT50/UT50 are all excellent tv's upgraded with brighter panels and would outperform Samsung's entry level plasma's. So my choice would be Panasonic 2012 tv's for sure.
Please also go and demo both the tv's and then decide, play some SD as well as HD to see how they both look.

Hi all

thanks

Let me explain.............if it were a choice between Samsung and panasonic X30 or U30, I would have suggested Samsung since they are very good with entry level plasma's, something which Panasonic was at a disadvantage. However things now look different with the new Panasonic 2012 line up. The X50/XT50/UT50 are all excellent tv's upgraded with brighter panels and would outperform Samsung's entry level plasma's. So my choice would be Panasonic 2012 tv's for sure.
Please also go and demo both the tv's and then decide, play some SD as well as HD to see how they both look.

Add to this, UT50 is full HD whereas e470 is not. Not that it matters because if one is watching mostly DTH. So 42X50 (not 3D) or 42XT50 (3D) is the way you should go.

Thanks...

When i start watching my new plasma the 1st question comes in my mind, Is it plasma or led? I mean Picture quality is unexpected from an without NeoPDP plasma. Panasonic done great Job in 2012 series.:clapping:

I don't have any news regarding ST/GT/VT but i think they will launch UT50 1st.

Plasma provides better quality than LEDs/LCDs. So, don't be surprised that it provides that performance. And Panasonic G15 panels are fantastic panels.
And the fact that you opted for HD ready instead of HD will negate the effect of additional power consumption in Plasma as well.

HD Ready 42" Plasma will consume 215 W, whereas a Full HD would have consumed 315 W

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back