Samsung/Sony/Panasonic 2012 tv lineup,When?

I do not see any fan at the back. Not sure you posted after I mentioned about the buzz sound in the review topic. Anyway the buzz sound is there only if your ear is very close to the back side.

The black levels aren't impressive out of the box. I tried changing the settings a bit from the default and I was able to get better black levels.

I don't think there is a need to post the same content in 2 different places. The link to the review is enough. I will be updating the topic with more details and it goes.

Hello friends, It has been quite some time since I last posted here. I bought sammy 51E550 2 months back for 69.5K. for 1 month TV went very well by 1 fine day it stopped working. There was no sound and no video. I contacted samsung and they told me mthat the motherboard is gone and they will replace the same. After 5 days they told me that part is not available and they will replace the set. Again after 4 days they updated that the set is out of stock and I will be getting my money back. Cheque is under process and I will get my money refunded by next week.
Heart broken by my first plasma purchase, now I am going for LG476200 3D LED tv. I compared the image/screen quality/power consumption/features/price at Jumbo Electronics and decided to go for LG.Got a deal from 1 of my friends in LG. I am getting the set for 72k(MRP is 1.04k). It has some additional features like image upscaling, dual play and magic motion remote control. On top of that it is passive 3D so cost of 3D glasses is very less(4 pairs bundled with TV).
TV shall be delivered by tomorrow. Will keep u all updated.

Sushant

Hello friends, It has been quite some time since I last posted here. I bought sammy 51E550 2 months back for 69.5K. for 1 month TV went very well by 1 fine day it stopped working. There was no sound and no video. I contacted samsung and they told me mthat the motherboard is gone and they will replace the same. After 5 days they told me that part is not available and they will replace the set. Again after 4 days they updated that the set is out of stock and I will be getting my money back. Cheque is under process and I will get my money refunded by next week.
Heart broken by my first plasma purchase, now I am going for LG476200 3D LED tv. I compared the image/screen quality/power consumption/features/price at Jumbo Electronics and decided to go for LG.Got a deal from 1 of my friends in LG. I am getting the set for 72k(MRP is 1.04k). It has some additional features like image upscaling, dual play and magic motion remote control. On top of that it is passive 3D so cost of 3D glasses is very less(4 pairs bundled with TV).

Sushant
I feel you were much luckier than ones who got a broken tv and didn't get refund too!:) And 47LM6200 is a great TV for that price! (I dont know if we are getting these prices in bangalore). Did you get the magic remote in box or is it sold seperately? Anyway please do write a review of the same once you get it!

Sushant

Hi Sushant,

Very bad news:sad: but you will get ur money back within 27 days cheque process. I got my refund within 30days. Samsung is the only company in india, who is providing refunds without approaching consumer form.

I feel you were much luckier than ones who got a broken tv and didn't get refund too!:) And 47LM6200 is a great TV for that price! (I dont know if we are getting these prices in bangalore). Did you get the magic remote in box or is it sold seperately? Anyway please do write a review of the same once you get it!

Well TV has not been delivered yet but as per LG India & US website, it is bundled along with the TV....lets c. TV will be delivered tomorrow most probably....will keep u all posted....

hi guys,

yesterday i bought my panasonic 42xt50 for rs.46500/- without 3d glasses. Glasses cost are extra 5500/-, which i'll purchase next month. Got installed on sunday evening.. Didn't check properly but picture quality is far better than samsung 43d490 & e490.

hallo .
I also wanna buy the same model...
Can i know where u buy this 42xt50

I went to the showroom and checked the stock which I had booked and arrived from Cochin (to Trivandrum) yesterday.

The brand store in Cochin does not have any 2012 models. Been calling a few dealers today and everyone reported, stock yet to arrive. None of them managed to offer the price you bought it for too.

Who was your dealer in Trivandrum?

As your television arrived from Cochin, I find it rather strange that the brand store does not have it.

^^ It is QRS at M.G. Road, Trivandrum. They have branches all over Kerala including Cochin, so you can try inquiring there. If they still can't get it then let me know and I will ask the Panasonic Sales Manager for Cochin/Trivandrum.

hallo .
I also wanna buy the same model...
Can i know where u buy this 42xt50

congrats............yes they have really upgraded the X series with a new brighter panel. I would not say much of the X30 but the X50 is definitely an improvement.

congrats............yes they have really upgraded the X series with a new brighter panel. I would not say much of the X30 but the X50 is definitely an improvement.

Should I buy X50 or Samsung??? I went to Reliance digital on Sunday I saw 42X30, 50X30D and 51D450. Only these three tv were there. I was not impressed so much by plasma technology as I was thinking. The difference was not significant. There may be some reason due to bright environment. I told him lower the light intensity by switching off the LED light in front of Plasma. He told me there is only one switch to control all light. So he denied. Whatever the environment I observed following things:

1. Lot of reflection in X30. black level was lesser than a LCD tv.:mad:
2. Color production is better (but not significant) than LCD or LED.:indifferent14:
3. Less brighter panel than LCD and LED.
4. I did not feel faster response rate/refresh rate of pixels.
5. The 50D450 is better than 50X30D in all aspect expect price.

Salesman told me pana 12 model will come soon. No problem for me I will wait.

My question is that if the different is not significant then why I should buy a plasma where as it takes lot of power.

I am interested in 42 inch and my budget is 40K....
Expert comment is needed...

Should I buy X50 or Samsung??? I went to Reliance digital on Sunday I saw 42X30, 50X30D and 51D450. Only these three tv were there. I was not impressed so much by plasma technology as I was thinking. The difference was not significant. There may be some reason due to bright environment. I told him lower the light intensity by switching off the LED light in front of Plasma. He told me there is only one switch to control all light. So he denied. Whatever the environment I observed following things:

1. Lot of reflection in X30. black level was lesser than a LCD tv.:mad:
2. Color production is better (but not significant) than LCD or LED.:indifferent14:
3. Less brighter panel than LCD and LED.
4. I did not feel faster response rate/refresh rate of pixels.
5. The 50D450 is better than 50X30D in all aspect expect price.

Salesman told me pana 12 model will come soon. No problem for me I will wait.

My question is that if the different is not significant then why I should buy a plasma where as it takes lot of power.

I am interested in 42 inch and my budget is 40K....
Expert comment is needed...

Plasma is definitely better than LED/LCD in many ways. But bright light is an overkill for plasma. X50 is definitely better than X30. Both have a 720p panel. I would not have recommended the X30 but am in favour of the X50. You really need to be critical when comparing the samsung vs panasonic.

If it were any of the higher panasonic neo pdp models, I would have said go with panasonic but samsung also makes some good entry level plasmas, so please take your time and compare. And if the salesman refuses to dim the lights, go to another store. I have argued with sales guys in stores and they have lost their sale!!!

Plasma is definitely better than LED/LCD in many ways. But bright light is an overkill for plasma. X50 is definitely better than X30. Both have a 720p panel. I would not have recommended the X30 but am in favour of the X50. You really need to be critical when comparing the samsung vs panasonic.

If it were any of the higher panasonic neo pdp models, I would have said go with panasonic but samsung also makes some good entry level plasmas, so please take your time and compare. And if the salesman refuses to dim the lights, go to another store. I have argued with sales guys in stores and they have lost their sale!!!

I have budget upto 40k or slightly higher than that. The lowest cost of plasma with neopdp is 58K(42ST30) . So no question to take a neoplasma PDP. So please tell/suggest me the best TV available in the market in 40K. My problem is that the all TV that I reviewed on Internet are not available in the market. I have following TV in my mind according to my choice. Kindly suggest me or add some good TV.

1. 42X50D
2. 43E470
3. 43D450

The 1st one is not available in Panasonic brand shop in Bhopal. The cost of X50 is 42k. XT50 is available with cost 48k without glass. So no sense to buy XT50.

Lol then get a plasma with 640*320 on a 42. Panel improvement is not a big deal.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back