Samsung/Sony/Panasonic 2012 tv lineup,When?

Thanks Abhi748. Did you also get a chance to checkout the 2012 E series from Samsung esp. the 43E490 which has the Real Black panel? Is the much difference between that and the older D series and the XT50?

Hi Dear,

The Samsung E490 not available in display with dealer here, but Real Black Panel is not like Neo PDP or Infinite Black Pro. Samsung "E" Series Panel color is still grey same like older "D" series. As per brand shop there is no huge difference in both the series only minor changes. But overall samsung entry level plasmas are also good and after sale support is best.

Hi Dear,

The Samsung E490 not available in display with dealer here, but Real Black Panel is not like Neo PDP or Infinite Black Pro. Samsung "E" Series Panel color is still grey same like older "D" series. As per brand shop there is no huge difference in both the series only minor changes. But overall samsung entry level plasmas are also good and after sale support is best.

Thanks! NeoPDP it is, took the plunge and got a Panasonic 42ST30. To be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait :).

Hi Guys,

There are some pics, sorry for the poor picture quality of my cam. Tomorrow i'll try to upload some HD videos.

Do we need to take precautionary measures in P42XT50 tv inorder to prevent burn-in or can we watch the tv casually like led tv.If we need to take precautionary measure. can u list them?

Do we need to take precautionary measures in P42XT50 tv inorder to prevent burn-in or can we watch the tv casually like led tv.If we need to take precautionary measure. can u list them?

Panasonic says screen burn in is no more an issue, they have taken care of it. But it's a personal choice.

Not only Panasonic, other brands also claim that the break-in period is not required these days. This could be a marketing ploy to push Plasma sales, so we can't really depend on their word. So it's a matter of playing it safe which is your decision. I will be doing it on my Panasonic 50GT50 after I get it today.

@aakashar: I will call the Panasonic Area Sales Manager in Kerala and will get details of other models in stock and will post here.

@akasmarty2003, silkograph: I am getting the 50GT50 for Rs.1.15L with 3 * 3D glasses free.

@aakashar: I will call the Panasonic Area Sales Manager in Kerala and will get details of other models in stock and will post here.

@akasmarty2003, silkograph: I am getting the 50GT50 for Rs.1.15L with 3 * 3D glasses free.

thats a gr8 deal have you seen one personally? looks more like an LED (aesthetically) . awesome looking PDP on and off.

Last edited:
I went to the showroom and checked the stock which I had booked and arrived from Cochin (to Trivandrum) yesterday. Since I have work to do in the evening I told them to deliver tomorrow morning.

2 * 3D glasses were inside the box along with the remote. I will also be getting an additional 3D glass for free. Took a few snaps at the warehouse as its in box...

n5Nsx.jpg

Latdn.jpg

LUcou.jpg

DdoRy.jpg

onLd9.jpg

jzE9s.jpg

L9nWA.jpg

I also met the Panasonic Sales Manager (Kerala) and he told me that the following models are available in stock. Unfortunately could not get the MRP since the person whom he called to get the pricing was not available. Here are the models in stock:

42GT50D
42ST50D
42UT50D
42XT50D
50GT50D << MRP Rs.1,38,900
50ST50D
50UT50D
50XT50D

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back