Samsung/Sony/Panasonic 2012 tv lineup,When?

Hi Guys,

Yesterday i bought my Panasonic 42XT50 for Rs.46500/- without 3D glasses. Glasses cost are extra 5500/-, which i'll purchase next month. Got installed in Sunday evening.. didn't check properly but picture quality is far better than Samsung 43D490 & E490.

congrats! according the experts / owners this year panny has outshined samsung in PQ as sammys has no major improvement from last year. Anyways did you check about the other series ST/GT/VT.

Hi Guys,

Yesterday i bought my Panasonic 42XT50 for Rs.46500/- without 3D glasses. Glasses cost are extra 5500/-, which i'll purchase next month. Got installed in Sunday evening.. didn't check properly but picture quality is far better than Samsung 43D490 & E490.

Please post video showing standard definition channel of 42XT50 TV.

congrats! according the experts / owners this year panny has outshined samsung in PQ as sammys has no major improvement from last year. Anyways did you check about the other series ST/GT/VT.

Thanks...

When i start watching my new plasma the 1st question comes in my mind, Is it plasma or led? I mean Picture quality is unexpected from an without NeoPDP plasma. Panasonic done great Job in 2012 series.:clapping:

I don't have any news regarding ST/GT/VT but i think they will launch UT50 1st.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

XT50 already launched in india???

Hi Guys,

congrats on your purchase

Yes, X50 is the only Non-3D model will launch this year rest all are 3D. May be U50 will not launch in india as per Panasonic global site.

when exactly is X50 going to launch in India this year and what will be it's price for 42 inches.

when exactly is X50 going to launch in India this year and what will be it's price for 42 inches.

I think X50 is launched and stock will be available with dealer in June, the 42inch price will be arround 38k to 42K. My 42XT50 mfg month is March 2012.

Can someone post pictures of xt50 and compare it with e450/e490?

Yep, would really appreciate this comparison especially between the Samsung E490 and the Panasonic XT50 series for us budget buyers. :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Manish,

Panasonic 2012 plasma all the series are better than samsung. Earlier i have purchased Samsung 43D490, it was good but now i have better one.

Yes now you can say that. Previously only high end model of Panasonic plasma were better than that of Samsung.

what are the differences between panasonic XT50 AND UT50 model excepting the screen resolution of 1024*768 v/s 1920*1080 respectively ?

what is the minimum ideal distance(in feet) to view and have the best picture quality(to look like full hd) for P42X50 TV?

Last edited:
what is the minimum ideal distance(in feet) to view and have the best picture quality(to look like full hd) for P42X50 TV?

viewing distance is dependent on video source. For 50inch tv optimum viewing distance:

SD 480p : 15feet
HD 720p/1080i : 10feet
HD 1080p : 7feet

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back