Samsung/Sony/Panasonic 2012 tv lineup,When?

viewing distance is dependent on video source. For 50inch tv optimum viewing distance:

SD 480p : 15feet
HD 720p/1080i : 10feet
HD 1080p : 7feet

Does that mean, 480p video source looks same picture clarity at full-hd tv and half-hd tv when viewed at the same distance.
I want optimum viewing distance for 42 inches tv.

Last edited:
Guys recently I checked Samsung Ad for Smart TV where it's mentioned about features like Face Recognition etc. Is this feature now available in any of the new models introduced?

Guys recently I checked Samsung Ad for Smart TV where it's mentioned about features like Face Recognition etc. Is this feature now available in any of the new models introduced?

Face recog ,gesture conntrol is only for samsung series 7 plus which have camera inbuilt !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just checked the price of Panasonic 50ST50. Its priced at a ridiculous 1.20 lakhs! Definitely not worth it at that price. Availability is end June at Panasonic brand shops. And apparently ST50 is going to be top of the line available in India this time - I don't believe it since there might be a super high end VT50 available for lots of money.

Panasonic needs to get its pricing right. The price premium over Samsung is not justified by the performance difference.

Just checked the price of Panasonic 50ST50. Its priced at a ridiculous 1.20 lakhs! Definitely not worth it at that price. Availability is end June at Panasonic brand shops. And apparently ST50 is going to be top of the line available in India this time - I don't believe it since there might be a super high end VT50 available for lots of money.

Panasonic needs to get its pricing right. The price premium over Samsung is not justified by the performance difference.

If they launch UT50 that will be a good alternate to ST50...........as per reviews the UT50 is almost as good as ST50 in terms of picture quality. Yes, I was expecting high pricing for 50 series. My guess would be ST50 would be followed by UT50 and finally VT50 by the year end. X50 has already been launched. Which means the 30 series will be for grabs!!!

what is the price of 42ST50?

42ST50 price will be around 75K to 85K. Panasonic Brand shops are offering very higher price. 42XT50 offered price at brand shop was 52K without glasses and with glasses @57k to 59K approx & i have purchased it @46500/- without glasses.

abhi748 can you please post some pic of SD channels on your XT50.I have set my mind on the samsung 43e490, but if you say the XT50 is better then i might take a look. How are the reflections, SD upscalling vs the Samsung 43E490??Panasonic is not known for their SD upscalling w.r.t Samsung! Have you compared these two tvs side by side?? Finally what is the MRP printed on the box of this tv,??

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
abhi748 can you please post some pic of SD channels on your XT50.I have set my mind on the samsung 43e490, but if you say the XT50 is better then i might take a look. How are the reflections, SD upscalling vs the Samsung 43E490??Panasonic is not known for their SD upscalling w.r.t Samsung! Have you compared these two tvs side by side?? Finally what is the MRP printed on the box of this tv,??

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dear,

1. MRP on the box is 52000/- mfg month March'12.
2. 100% sure it is better than Samsung 43E490 & D490 bcoz in Feb'12 i have purchased New Samsung 43D490, within a month faced panel defect issue and in 7 days got panel replacement and again same issue happened. Finally they provide me refund cheque in April'12.
3. The image detailing and picture clarity is speechless.
4. SD upscaling is better than samsung and black level too.
5. HD channels are superb.

Tomorrow i'll try to upload some pic of SD & HD channels.

Hi Dear,

1. MRP on the box is 52000/- mfg month March'12.
2. 100% sure it is better than Samsung 43E490 & D490 bcoz in Feb'12 i have purchased New Samsung 43D490, within a month faced panel defect issue and in 7 days got panel replacement and again same issue happened. Finally they provide me refund cheque in April'12.
3. The image detailing and picture clarity is speechless.
4. SD upscaling is better than samsung and black level too.
5. HD channels are superb.

Tomorrow i'll try to upload some pic of SD & HD channels.

Can you tell me about the Viera Connect feature and which applications are present?

how does the tv handle reflections as compared to the new e490 series?? I am actually not interested in 3d so was kinda looking at the 43e470 sammy. does Panasonic have a non 3d version of this tv with the exact specks, same panel,features except the 3d?? if this tv is worth the extra 10k over the 43e470(non 3d) then i might go for it based only on your reviews coz there are no display pieces of this model anywhere in Goa!

I will be grateful if you post some videos of this Tv with SD playback coz there are no videos of this tv on the net!:(

how does the tv handle reflections as compared to the new e490 series?? I am actually not interested in 3d so was kinda looking at the 43e470 sammy. does Panasonic have a non 3d version of this tv with the exact specks, same panel,features except the 3d?? if this tv is worth the extra 10k over the 43e470(non 3d) then i might go for it based only on your reviews coz there are no display pieces of this model anywhere in Goa!

I will be grateful if you post some videos of this Tv with SD playback coz there are no videos of this tv on the net!:(

The Panasonic X50 series will be available without 3D...

X50 : 2D
XT50 : 3D

Since the X50 has already been launched............doubt if they will also launch XT50.

Hi Guys,

There are some pics, sorry for the poor picture quality of my cam. Tomorrow i'll try to upload some HD videos.

Attachments

• DSCN0599.jpg
    DSCN0599.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN0603.jpg
    DSCN0603.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0594.jpg
    DSCN0594.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0596.jpg
    DSCN0596.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0597.jpg
    DSCN0597.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 166
Hi...
Do we still have burn out issues in 2012 model. Do we still need to keep the specific settings for 1st 200 hours. Also please let me know how's the reflection on the screen?

X50 : 2D
XT50 : 3D

Since the X50 has already been launched............doubt if they will also launch XT50.

Both X50 and XT50 are available at Panasonic showrooms. Price difference of a 2 to 4 thousand rupees.

I was looking at the 42XT50 and the 43E490 or the 42ST30 if I get a good deal on it. But no muti-brand showrooms have them all together so have been unable to make a side by side comparison. So looking for details on reflection handling, black-levels and picture quality from new owners.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Picture quality is better than previous generation X30D and Samsung 43D490 bcoz XT50 & X50 DCR is 3500000:1 & X30D DCR is 2000000:1.

In XT50 24p Film Display/Smooth Film feature is available and intelligent frame creator which increases more picture clarity and depth.

Reflection is lesser than X30D & Samsung 43D490. But depends on your room lights placement.

I personally recommend XT50, if you want to buy a 3D plasma in 45K to 50k so my vote goes to XT50.

Hi Guys,

Picture quality is better than previous generation X30D and Samsung 43D490 bcoz XT50 & X50 DCR is 3500000:1 & X30D DCR is 2000000:1.

In XT50 24p Film Display/Smooth Film feature is available and intelligent frame creator which increases more picture clarity and depth.

Reflection is lesser than X30D & Samsung 43D490. But depends on your room lights placement.

I personally recommend XT50, if you want to buy a 3D plasma in 45K to 50k so my vote goes to XT50.

Thanks Abhi748. Did you also get a chance to checkout the 2012 E series from Samsung esp. the 43E490 which has the Real Black panel? Is the much difference between that and the older D series and the XT50?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back