Some questions about The frame 55 vs others

Redflag

I am looking for a new tv to upgrade from my samsung plasma. The frame seems to be the best option under 90k for the price. What I want to know is:

Does it have the same va panel as in rtings review?
How's the audio quality?
Worth waiting for Frame 2021? ( Minimal differences found in rtings review)
Is it worth checking out Toshiba U79 FALD? The review on rtings suggested that frame has higher quality.

Viewing distance is 15 feet and room is living room

TIA!

Last edited:
Does it have the same va panel as in rtings review?
Yes
How's the audio quality?
Bad, like every other TV.
Worth waiting for Frame 2021? ( Minimal differences found in rtings review)
The 2020 model might get discounted when the 2021 comes, so might be worth waiting for. The 2021 model itself not really worth it.
Is it worth checking out Toshiba U79 FALD? The review on rtings suggested that frame has higher quality.
The U79 is a much cheaper TV. While the Frame is a better TV overall, if you consume a lot of HDR content, the U79 is actually a better choice as it's brighter and is FALD.
Viewing distance is 15 feet and room is living room
That's too big of a distance for a 55"(or even 65" or 75") set. I'd highly recommend looking at 75" Xiaomi Q1. If possible, please bring the distance down to 6-7 feet to enjoy a 4k HDR set.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let all of you know that if you order before 30April from your local Samsung brand store or dealer then with CC cash back you can get 55 inch for Rs 168k n if you don't want the tablet then your price comes down to Rs 146K !!!

I myself cancelled the order on the Samsung Shop n pre booked through my local dealer for an up-front token amount of Rs10K. Do keep in mind that in India the launch price barely shows any drop unless a new model has been launched.
This is somewhat unrelated, but can you confirm from your dealer when 2021 Frame is coming or if Frame 2020 is dropping in price?

Yes

Bad, like every other TV.

The 2020 model might get discounted when the 2021 comes, so might be worth waiting for. The 2021 model itself not really worth it.

The U79 is a much cheaper TV. While the Frame is a better TV overall, if you consume a lot of HDR content, the U79 is actually a better choice as it's brighter and is FALD.

That's too big of a distance for a 55"(or even 65" or 75") set. I'd highly recommend looking at 75" Xiaomi Q1. If possible, please bring the distance down to 6-7 feet to enjoy a 4k HDR set.

Sorry, but it isnt possible to drop the distance. Its going to be used mostly for family viewing and occasional movies. Should I concentrate on getting a bigger size or a better tv? Like for example 55 frame vs 65 u79?

This is somewhat unrelated, but can you confirm from your dealer when 2021 Frame is coming or if Frame 2020 is dropping in price?
That's your job mate. Since you are interested in the TV, you will have to do the due diligence.
Sorry, but it isnt possible to drop the distance. Its going to be used mostly for family viewing and occasional movies. Should I concentrate on getting a bigger size or a better tv? Like for example 55 frame vs 65 u79?
If it isn't possible to drop the distance, get the biggest TV you possibly can. From that distance, quality will matter a lot less than pure size.

Watching a 55" TV from 15 feet is like watching a movie on a 6.5" smartphone from 2 feet.

If you can afford it, go for the Xiaomi 75" Q1 TV. Else you can either go for the 65" U79 or any other 65-75" TV you can afford.

55" just won't work at that distance.

That's your job mate. Since you are interested in the TV, you will have to do the due diligence.
Fair enough.

If it isn't possible to drop the distance, get the biggest TV you possibly can. From that distance, quality will matter a lot less than pure size.

If you can afford it, go for the Xiaomi 75" Q1 TV. Else you can either go for the 65" U79 or any other 65-75" TV you can afford.

55" just won't work at that distance.
Thanks for you suggestion. I'll look for 65 inch ones. Xiaomi 75 q1 seems to be out of budget though.

Thanks for you suggestion. I'll look for 65 inch ones. Xiaomi 75 q1 seems to be out of budget though.
If you have the right card, the Q1 75" can be had for ~1.1 lakhs. If you can stretch the budget, it's an incredible value for money and you'll be really happy with it.

If you can't afford it and can't get the U79 as well, you can look at the VU pixelight 75". It's a 75" TV at 85k. The picture quality will not be very good, but if you aren't getting U79/Frame, every other TV is pretty bad as well.

Frame is only an Online exclusive model .

Unless you exclusively only watch 4k or high quality Bluray 1080p files then please avoid sizes bigger than 65 because upscaling of FHD content will take a noticeable hit.

I do recall MI 4X 50 inches having bad upscaling so you can imagine how much worse 75 will look.

Frame is only an Online exclusive model .
Oh, I didn't know that!

Unless you exclusively only watch 4k or high quality Bluray 1080p files then please avoid sizes bigger than 65 because upscaling of FHD content will take a noticeable hit.

I do recall MI 4X 50 inches having bad upscaling so you can imagine how much worse 75 will look.

Yeah right now I have a 43 inch placed in its placed and that is also fine. While the 65u7980 seems to be a good product on paper, I have reservations about buying from Toshiba because they have already quit the Indian market before. Samsung atleast comes with a bit of peace of mind. Other options are from vu and tcl. Have heard positive review regarding tcl service in my city. Not sure about the product though.

15 feet is big distance, try for 75 inch Xiaomi, good quality tv at excellent pricing. VU 75 inch will be the budget option.

Toshiba U7980 65 inch stock may not be available, it is out of stock at most pin codes.

Just do not get 55 inch samsung frame, it will be pointless at 15 feet.

15 feet is big distance, try for 75 inch Xiaomi, good quality tv at excellent pricing. VU 75 inch will be the budget option.

Toshiba U7980 65 inch stock may not be available, it is out of stock at most pin codes.

Just do not get 55 inch samsung frame, it will be pointless at 15 feet.
From what I've understood is at 15 feet, I should throw the expectations of an "immersive experience" out of window, which is fine tbh. The options at 65 are downgrade to the frame unless I spend 1L plus which I can't.

Now the question is if we leave "immersive experience"aside, is there a 65 incher which would give a good enough experience in budget? If not, then would a person be able to see the difference between the frame and other cheaper tv, let's say tu8000 or x7500 at 55 inch at 15 feet?

Is it possible to lower your viewing distance to say between 8 to 10 feet then not only 65 but even 55 will give you immersion. I too 18 months back made the jump from 43 to 55 inches, I sit 10 feet away n even with my less than ideal eye sight it looks immersive enough.

Both Frame n X7500,7400H are good TVs with quality PQ processing, the newly launched Sony X80J will be a notch higher, if you can wait till June TCL C815 Mini LED with 1000 Nits n QD will launch with price expected to be in the same ball park as Frame.

Is it possible to lower your viewing distance to say between 8 to 10 feet then not only 65 but even 55 will give you immersion. I too 18 months back made the jump from 43 to 55 inches, I sit 10 feet away n even with my less than ideal eye sight it looks immersive enough.

Both Frame n X7500,7400H are good TVs with quality PQ processing, the newly launched Sony X80J will be a notch higher, if you can wait till June TCL C815 Mini LED with 1000 Nits n QD will launch with price expected to be in the same ball park as Frame.
Unfortunately it's not. Basically it's in a hall and the sofa is at the opposite wall. Isn't C815 already available for 90k though?

Unfortunately it's not. Basically it's in a hall and the sofa is at the opposite wall. Isn't C815 already available for 90k though?
My Bad, U r right TCL C815 is already available, I meant the upcoming C825 mini LED.

From what I've understood is at 15 feet, I should throw the expectations of an "immersive experience" out of window, which is fine tbh. The options at 65 are downgrade to the frame unless I spend 1L plus which I can't.

Now the question is if we leave "immersive experience"aside, is there a 65 incher which would give a good enough experience in budget? If not, then would a person be able to see the difference between the frame and other cheaper tv, let's say tu8000 or x7500 at 55 inch at 15 feet?

At 15 feet distance your number one priority should be size, VU Pixelight 75 inch is in your budget and one of my friends is using the older VU 75 incher from last 3 years and it is working fine. You should not even think about anything less than 75 inch. As you can see in the following threads forum members are buying 75 and 85 inch TVs:

Have checked out TUE60? It seems to be equal to tu8000 but cheaper as it is an online only model.
I also saw some YouTube review saying this. How can we be sure?
The new series AUE60 seems to be even cheaper.
I am pretty sure there are downgrades by Samsung from RU ->TU->AU.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back