Sony 8000h 75" IPS or VA panel?

Donivlapog

In many places they mention that 75" & 85" sizes are VA. But Rtings have claimed they are only IPS. Going by viewing angle it looks like IPS but there is enough contrast to think otherwise that it is indeed VA. Really confused. How the hell did Sony get the best of both worlds into one TV set?

The contrast ratio of X8000H is 1083:1 which is squarely IPS territory. Even a super budget VA would do 3000:1 easy. Not sure where you are getting the VA like contrast ratio argument from.

Also, if Sony had such a tech to have best of both worlds they would have put it in their higher end X9000H rather than making it VA. Even the wide angle VA film used in the X9500 line reduces contrast.

mention that 75" & 85" sizes are VA

They are not VA, just IPS, however, the color and good 600nits of brightness changes a lot. I did a comparison of 950g, 900h, 800h and Nano86, I was very impressed with 800h performance. I can post that the 4k video I shot, in a blind test, it'll confuse lot of people of which one is which.

They are not VA, just IPS, however, the color and good 600nits of brightness changes a lot. I did a comparison of 950g, 900h, 800h and Nano86, I was very impressed with 800h performance. I can post that the 4k video I shot, in a blind test, it'll confuse lot of people of which one is which.
Yes, sometimes the TV outshines the better models. At this price point it is unbelievable picture quality. I haven't paid much attention to 9500g or 9000h as I wanted something in 75" size and those two are probably a lakh and a half more than this in price point. But if you have taken those videos and can't tell which TV set from the other, then I was right!! Good buy indeed. Only bummer is it costs just $1000 in USA. That's a third of its Indian price.

Yes, sometimes the TV outshines the better models. At this price point it is unbelievable picture quality. I haven't paid much attention to 9500g or 9000h as I wanted something in 75" size and those two are probably a lakh and a half more than this in price point. But if you have taken those videos and can't tell which TV set from the other, then I was right!! Good buy indeed. Only bummer is it costs just $1000 in USA. That's a third of its Indian price.

There is no way you cannot tell an IPS vs VA apart in the night. It will be clear as day and night.
In daylight, maybe.

In many places they mention that 75" & 85" sizes are VA. But Rtings have claimed they are only IPS. Going by viewing angle it looks like IPS but there is enough contrast to think otherwise that it is indeed VA. Really confused. How the hell did Sony get the best of both worlds into one TV set?
It is an IPS panel. I have checked it. But better than lg ips panels. In daylight it is as good as any VA with bright vivid content. At night, the difference between x90/x95 vs x80h is quite evident. Overall a very good tv in 75 inch at the price point. If you want VA you have to shell 1.5 l extra for x95h.

I have never had the opportunity to watch this Television set in the late night as it is my hall TV. However I am satisfied with its contrast levels and more importantly it has wide viewing angle. The only problem with this TV is it has a deep belly owing it to backlit technology albeit without the local dimming. Nobody would answer my question from Sony or Croma, if it still has the "Slim backlight drive+" technology that the 9300d edgelit model has which is easily self presumtuously answerable as it is geometrically possible only on edgelit sets. But that's a huge deal though as that can give near FALD type contrasts. Rtings have not considered it that great owing to a prejudice that it is an IPS panel. I still am sure this TV provides the best of both worlds and may be a better choice for a hall TV than most flagship models as 1) It has wide viewing angle 2) is really a colourful TV insofar I even was considering my dad to wear cooling glasses 3) Not needed for gaming or intense movie watching 4) no itch or regrets for 9500 or 9000 models and fits the budget 5) A 75" TV does not require all the bells and whistles to substantiate it's presence - a Bengal tiger is always superior to the leopard it replaced(65"). Besides it does support Dolby vision and atmos. 8 days of my dad enjoying films like Dangal, Large Raho Munnabhai, thambi and a few more films (I think he would not have sat through with its predecessor 65" screen)

I have never had the opportunity to watch this Television set in the late night as it is my hall TV. However I am satisfied with its contrast levels and more importantly it has wide viewing angle. The only problem with this TV is it has a deep belly owing it to backlit technology albeit without the local dimming. Nobody would answer my question from Sony or Croma, if it still has the "Slim backlight drive+" technology that the 9300d edgelit model has which is easily self presumtuously answerable as it is geometrically possible only on edgelit sets. But that's a huge deal though as that can give near FALD type contrasts. Rtings have not considered it that great owing to a prejudice that it is an IPS panel. I still am sure this TV provides the best of both worlds and may be a better choice for a hall TV than most flagship models as 1) It has wide viewing angle 2) is really a colourful TV insofar I even was considering my dad to wear cooling glasses 3) Not needed for gaming or intense movie watching 4) no itch or regrets for 9500 or 9000 models and fits the budget 5) A 75" TV does not require all the bells and whistles to substantiate it's presence - a Bengal tiger is always superior to the leopard it replaced(65"). Besides it does support Dolby vision and atmos. 8 days of my dad enjoying films like Dangal, Large Raho Munnabhai, thambi and a few more films (I think he would not have sat through with its predecessor 65" screen)

Every TV has its strengths and weaknesses. If it solves the intended prose, that's all to it irrespective of prices and what upgrade models bring in. Enjoy.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back