SONY EX400 vs EX500 vs EX600.

MAYPAD

I am in Mumbai, looking to buy a 40 inch Sony bravia.
Been researching between EX400 ( 60k); EX 500 ( 70k) and EX600 - LED(80K).
Should i pay 10k for 100Hertz Motionflow available only in EX500, and if yes, then shd i invest 10k more and buy a LED - mind you, which again does not have Motion flow.

I am so confused - please give your veiws.

Well 10k extra is normal for the 100hz tvs from both samsung and sony.
When one considers Sony its cheaper to buy Sony in the grey market the 40EX500 costs 55k or less and 40EX400 costs 44k & 46EX400 costs 66k and those are huge price difference compared to showroom,sure you don't get the one year warranty.but as long as you get a good stabilizer all should be fine.

Hi MAYPAD, I have done lot of reserch for more then a month and got 40EX400 ( in gray market). For me i dont see any difference between ex 400 & 500 in normal channel and if you go for fast motions like sports there is very light difference (even I was not able to notice). My brother-in-law brought 40EX700 from australia ( the price diff is in india is 35k between EX700 & 400) but i dont see very much difference in picture quality (for my eyes) but EX700 has many features like internet, USB supports latest formats, etc but EX600 doesnt have any thing its a base model. My suggestion is go for ex400. Thanks.

@VeluSaravanan
how much did you pay for d ex400 in d grrreeyy's
did u get to open and check it ? .
what all should one keep in mind to do d said check.

I got it for 45K and obiously I checked before buying. Please refer my another thread for more detail - Buying LCD TV in Gray Market (Burma Bazaar) .

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back