Sony Bravia vs everything else

Yes this is a good option , but the prices they are offering you don't seem great. I bought a new A95k during the Diwali sale for 2.53, which is the same price they are offering you. Some members got it for even cheaper. Not sure about the X90k.
Yeah these prices dont seem to be that great. During Diwali the best price I got for X90K 65 was 1.12 lacs. Thought eventually I got LG G2.

Yeah these prices dont seem to be that great. During Diwali the best price I got for X90K 65 was 1.12 lacs.

They repeatedly say like a tape record saying this is not a retail price offer. This is what the underlying Sony exchange price at the hands of their service center. Can someone find out if their bigger bosses can be contacted?

Yes this is a good option , but the prices they are offering you don't seem great. I bought a new A95k during the Diwali sale for 2.53, which is the same price they are offering you. Some members got it for even cheaper. Not sure about the X90k.
Yes Sony tv prices are hiked in India. Sony is much cheaper abroad.

well but the x80j has a really bad panel quality.i checked two tvs at the offline shop itself.Multiple light bleeds and DSE.The light bleeds are an eye sore actually.I wont say the PQ is bad but due to medium brightness i think the details in the dark backgrounds are a bit muffled/muddied(if u understand wat i mean).comparing that to a 32W80k in my bedroom i dont know why but its a bit brighter and these images in the dark are a bit more pronounced and visible.This is also one of the major diff i saw btw 80j and 85j too but the 85j in heightning the brightness screws up certain portions of the image by messing up the contrast in the picture to an extent.
sony i think is knowingly f**kng up its low and mid tier to push people to higher models.otherwise theres no possible explanation for having a 4K tv having a shitty build compared to my previous Sony FHD from 2014 .I am not going into the PQ because of the diff in sizes and resolutions btw the two.but here too i feel i liked the PQ of the previous one much much better and that really surprises me because hey how can an FHD look better than a 4K.I dont know.could be my eyes playing the trick on me.
I didn't found light bleeds in x75 and i have seen x80k as well no light bleeds. Brightness is low but color palette is perfect. Vivid mode does bring some bleeding issue but I use it only for dark scenes. The biggest thing that Sony bring is realism and details.
The reason you feel TV looks slightly dark is because its trying to creat hdr400 perfectly. Shift to SDR things will look better. Secondly you can try using vivid settings in dark scenes. it's an IPS panel Tv so don't use in dark room.

TVs like Vu gloled which go insanely bright have poor tone mapping and they make HDR into bright SDR!!
Rest of TV just oversaturate everything. You notice that issue only when you play games. The photo realism of games is gone.

Last edited:
I Have a 2016 bought Sony KD-65X9300D model that wont play since yesterday. Luckily google took me to this article that claims a similar problem would be repaired free of cost. I have sent them an email with an attachment of that article. This TV was really bright with great colours and many forumers who visited me have been blown away by its PQ. I hope they repair it free of cost.

Why don't you post lawyersclubindia what are the option available it's free

Anyway What you think! just an *example* ;) "compensation due to manufacture defect"

Consumer court Step by Step

Why don't you post lawyersclubindia what are the option available it's free

Anyway What you think! just an *example* ;) "compensation due to manufacture defect"

Consumer court Step by Step

Going to consumer court or filing lawsuits and such strong follow ups cannot be done in my current situation atleast for the next two months. My dad is in severe health condition plus my solar installation is not commissioned which needs regular follow ups plus my night shift duty leaves me with hardly anytime. Plus Sony TVs dont last long to bolster my confidence going for an exchange. I have therefore swapped places with a 55 inch Vu TV as this TV is only used by the children to play games. Have dumped it in a single bedroom flat of mine that i use as storeroom/godown.

Going to consumer court or filing lawsuits and such strong follow ups cannot be done in my current situation atleast for the next two months. My dad is in severe health condition plus my solar installation is not commissioned which needs regular follow ups plus my night shift duty leaves me with hardly anytime. Plus Sony TVs dont last long to bolster my confidence going for an exchange. I have therefore swapped places with a 55 inch Vu TV as this TV is only used by the children to play games. Have dumped it in a single bedroom flat of mine that i use as storeroom/godown.
😥😥

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

That was bad from SONY. Sell it on Ebay "Not working, Parts Only" maybe you'd get some money than it gathering dust. Some enterprising technician might repair it and bring it back to life.

😥😥

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

That was bad from SONY. Sell it on Ebay "Not working, Parts Only" maybe you'd get some money than it gathering dust. Some enterprising technician might repair it and bring it back to life.
I will have it fixed by some technician later on. For now the Vu55 is doing the trick. Sony is a white elephant.

I have given the 65" Sony for a repair at an unauthorised service center. The approximate cost would be about 22k including chip level service of the same board or replacement of the board by a Chinese replica. Wth! If it works, i get a 3D TV revived. If it does not, I wont pay anyways.

I have given the 65" Sony for a repair at an unauthorised service center. The approximate cost would be about 22k including chip level service of the same board or replacement of the board by a Chinese replica. Wth! If it works, i get a 3D TV revived. If it does not, I wont pay anyways.
That's better than donating it to SONY dealer. Hope it turns out not that much of a serious issue.

That's better than donating it to SONY dealer. Hope it turns out not that much of a serious issue.
Thank you so much Sir, its a 3D panel and has local dimming with about 1.5k nits brightness, a hypermodern TV set. They dont make them anymore. The Vu TV cannot match its quality. Its a Sony. So am taking it with a pinch of salt to spend almost 30k for its repair. I further have 50 bluray 3D titles and have many 3D glasses I bought from a fellow forumer who is unable to get a 3D set himself. (Apart from 200 normal non 3D Bluray titles, i accumulated during this midlife). It means a lot. I had many a great time watching movies along with my children and neighbouring children, their friends watching many English titles powered by the pioneer receiver and 7.2 loud speakers. It is a better investment repairing it than trading it for a new one. Hope it is repaired.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Sir, its a 3D panel and has local dimming with about 1.5k nits brightness, a hypermodern TV set. They dont make them anymore. The Vu TV cannot match its quality. Its a Sony. So am taking it with a pinch of salt to spend almost 30k for its repair. I further have 50 bluray 3D titles and have many 3D glasses I bought from a fellow forumer who is unable to get a 3D set himself. (Apart from 200 normal non 3D Bluray titles, i accumulated during this midlife). It means a lot. I had many a great time watching movies along with my children and neighbouring children, their friends watching many English titles powered by the pioneer receiver and 7.2 loud speakers. It is a better investment repairing it than trading it for a new one. Hope it is repaired.
This has happened with us repeatedly over the years with the modern SONY LED's, although much poorer than your TV sets. 2 tv's we bought in 2013/2017 have conked off in exactly 5-6 years of working with Sony throwing similar buyback offers, making a total loss more acceptable. Meanwhile a 1999 Sony Trinitron is still kicking a$$ and running great :p. Sometimes I wonder if they intentionally screw something up to make these die in such timeframes with OTA updates :D

Were you able to get it repaired?
Actually long story short, yes. But if to be told in detailed manner, I was hoodwinked by the unauthorised youtube TV technician a bit. First off he came in a car and took the TV to his service center in Mylapore, Chennai, about 12 to 15 kms from my place. (And charged 2k for that logistics extra). He estimated thd repairs to be 20k to about 34k but said if 34k, then there would be a third party motherboard bill and warranty he will give me. But if he does it by minor soldering work, it would cost only 20k. Later he said he had to change the mother board and charged me 34k and just say a service warranty of 3 months can be given with no 3rd party bill. Some heated exchanges took place but then i decided to just pay him 17k and pay the remaining 17k after seeing to it it works well for a month and then release the payment as he deviated from his commitment. The guy's assistant later said the vendor wont give warranty for Chinese boards but his owner is sure it will work for several years and he will fix it once for a courtesy and to be rest assured.

These are the ways unauthorized service centers work and i just can hope it works for a good few years to substantiate the 34k spent. The work he did must have been a small soldering stuff in the original board itself. Ways to extract money. I have several 3D titles in my collection to badly wanting to fix it otherwise i would have traded it with Sony for a A95K OLED. But this TV in a way has 3D panel which makes it a downgrade trading it for a QD-OLED spending 2.5 lakhs more. And the other alternative for an exchange X90k is dimmer than this. I watched many 3D movies after fixing it, and i truly believe it is worth the money spent. Ironically a couple years back this TV was sold once to a tenant and i bought it back after realising OLEDs were having a shadow or black crush and so this is far better for Bluray films. Even Blasto, a forumer told me that i made a mistake trading it for an OLED (For ott content OLED is the winner though.) All is well that ends well.

Last edited:
Actually long story short, yes. But if to be told in detailed manner, I was hoodwinked by the unauthorised youtube TV technician a bit. First off he came in a car and took the TV to his service center in Mylapore, Chennai, about 12 to 15 kms from my place. (And charged 2k for that logistics extra). He estimated thd repairs to be 20k to about 34k but said if 34k, then there would be a third party motherboard bill and warranty he will give me. But if he does it by minor soldering work, it would cost only 20k. Later he said he had to change the mother board and charged me 34k and just say a service warranty of 3 months can be given with no 3rd party bill. Some heated exchanges took place but then i decided to just pay him 17k and pay the remaining 17k after seeing to it it works well for a month and then release the payment as he deviated from his commitment. The guy's assistant later said the vendor wont give warranty for Chinese boards but his owner is sure it will work for several years and he will fix it once for a courtesy and to be rest assured.

These are the ways unauthorized service centers work and i just can hope it works for a good few years to substantiate the 34k spent. The work he did must have been a small soldering stuff in the original board itself. Ways to extract money. I have several 3D titles in my collection to badly wanting to fix it otherwise i would have traded it with Sony for a A95K OLED. But this TV in a way has 3D panel which makes it a downgrade trading it for a QD-OLED spending 2.5 lakhs more. And the other alternative for an exchange X90k is dimmer than this. I watched many 3D movies after fixing it, and i truly believe it is worth the money spent. Ironically a couple years back this TV was sold once to a tenant and i bought it back after realising OLEDs were having a shadow or black crush and so this is far better for Bluray films. Even Blasto, a forumer told me that i made a mistake trading it for an OLED (For ott content OLED is the winner though.) All is well that ends well.
Great to hear that fixing it has worked for you. Nothing like that, you saved a lot of money by not buying a new QD-OLED. I've got a QD-OLED recently and its fun watching it. I would mark the bluray disks experience on top of the list (I played it using Xbox One X that has bd player), playing BD rip using Plex and BRAVIA core content is close second in my opinion and watching all the DV movies/content on OTG is amazingly great in 4K on this King of colors. Watching House of the Dragon dark episodes are just amazing on this one, not seen any black crush or APL impacting the experience so far.
I also have an old Sony Bravia flagship FALD TV that is still going great! Likewise, I'm using it for some 3D content that I have collected so far. The IQ and performance of this 10Y old is simply wonderful! I had a 3LCD Rear projection Sony Bravia long ago that had one of the colors in 3LCDs gone bad, I'm assuming it may be due to the dust, otherwise it has server well 6-7 years before I moved to another Bravia. Overall, I have been fortunate with Sony so far and satisfied but may not be true for all cases/situations. All the luck for you next display!

My dad was a tv technician and I was in close association with different brands of TVs from my childhood. Black & white and color TVs. My house will be full of TVs. 6 to 8 TVs at any given day and I remember counting upto 22 TVs kept in our hall. BPL, Solidare, ECTV, Grunding, Dayanora, Philips, Crown, Bush, Weston, Nelco, Keltron, Sharp, Goldstar, Mistubishi, Daewoo (car manufacturers)etc and I had opportunity to use all these TVs and the brand I liked the most was Sony TVs due to its superior picture quality. Their patented Trinitron technology surpassed other CRT picture tubes in terms of picture quality until the patent protection expired 1996. Soon other manufacturers entered the market with Sony's technology and Sony introduced Wega series. Samsung and LG were not producing TVs back then but they manufactured picture tubes for other brands. I guess Sony lost their No 1 position during the transition of plasma and LCD TVs. They regained it with Bravia Series in LED segment. When I had to buy a TV for myself I straight away went Sony and had no problem for 6 years. Then due to my urge to keep up with the technology like 4k, Dolby vision, OLED etc, I was looking for the new Sony and due to budget constraints I purchased a LG OLED though my heart wanted a Sony OLED. Though Sony is getting their screen from Samsung and LG, their calibration, tuning etc makes it one step ahead when it comes to picture quality. I am feeling bad for my Sony Bravia lying unused :(

Note: Above opinion is purely based on my experience and I believe Samsung and LG picture tubes are the best in market

My dad was a tv technician and I was in close association with different brands of TVs from my childhood. Black & white and color TVs. My house will be full of TVs. 6 to 8 TVs at any given day and I remember counting upto 22 TVs kept in our hall. BPL, Solidare, ECTV, Grunding, Dayanora, Philips, Crown, Bush, Weston, Nelco, Keltron, Sharp, Goldstar, Mistubishi, Daewoo (car manufacturers)etc and I had opportunity to use all these TVs and the brand I liked the most was Sony TVs due to its superior picture quality. Their patented Trinitron technology surpassed other CRT picture tubes in terms of picture quality until the patent protection expired 1996. Soon other manufacturers entered the market with Sony's technology and Sony introduced Wega series. Samsung and LG were not producing TVs back then but they manufactured picture tubes for other brands. I guess Sony lost their No 1 position during the transition of plasma and LCD TVs. They regained it with Bravia Series in LED segment. When I had to buy a TV for myself I straight away went Sony and had no problem for 6 years. Then due to my urge to keep up with the technology like 4k, Dolby vision, OLED etc, I was looking for the new Sony and due to budget constraints I purchased a LG OLED though my heart wanted a Sony OLED. Though Sony is getting their screen from Samsung and LG, their calibration, tuning etc makes it one step ahead when it comes to picture quality. I am feeling bad for my Sony Bravia lying unused :(

Note: Above opinion is purely based on my experience and I believe Samsung and LG picture tubes are the best in market
Sony is the Honda of electronics. Japanese, with a higher price tag and quality in innovation and technology and robust parts. I owned a Maruthi Eeco and a Huandai Eon together at one point in 2007. Both 3.5 lakhs each but if kept idle for 1 week, they wouldn't start. After which i sold both and bought a middle model Honda Amaze for 4.25 lakhs (10 years ago, now it is 6 lakhs even for entry level model). I had a Singapore stay for 9 months and when i came back at first ignition it started. Power of Japanese technology. After that I have only used Honda cars.

Sony is Japanese and has shown great reliability in the past. But koreans are catching up.

Great to hear that fixing it has worked for you. Nothing like that, you saved a lot of money by not buying a new QD-OLED. I've got a QD-OLED recently and its fun watching it. I would mark the bluray disks experience on top of the list (I played it using Xbox One X that has bd player), playing BD rip using Plex and BRAVIA core content is close second in my opinion and watching all the DV movies/content on OTG is amazingly great in 4K on this King of colors. Watching House of the Dragon dark episodes are just amazing on this one, not seen any black crush or APL impacting the experience so far.
I also have an old Sony Bravia flagship FALD TV that is still going great! Likewise, I'm using it for some 3D content that I have collected so far. The IQ and performance of this 10Y old is simply wonderful! I had a 3LCD Rear projection Sony Bravia long ago that had one of the colors in 3LCDs gone bad, I'm assuming it may be due to the dust, otherwise it has server well 6-7 years before I moved to another Bravia. Overall, I have been fortunate with Sony so far and satisfied but may not be true for all cases/situations. All the luck for you next display!
What Sony FALD do you have if you dont mind telling us pls?

Sony is the Honda of electronics. Japanese, with a higher price tag and quality in innovation and technology and robust parts. I owned a Maruthi Eeco and a Huandai Eon together at one point in 2007. Both 3.5 lakhs each but if kept idle for 1 week, they wouldn't start. After which i sold both and bought a middle model Honda Amaze for 4.25 lakhs (10 years ago, now it is 6 lakhs even for entry level model). I had a Singapore stay for 9 months and when i came back at first ignition it started. Power of Japanese technology. After that I have only used Honda cars.

Sony is Japanese and has shown great reliability in the past. But koreans are catching up.
It’s just newer batteries and chips have much better idle drain.

My Korean i10 nios from 2019 was completely idle for 6 months during first wave of COVID and it started immediately too, however my Japanese Suzuki Access 125 wouldn’t even after 1 month of idle. Same with my Japanese Honda Activa 125.

There’s nothing Japanese or Korean about starting vehicle up. It’s all about batteries and their chemistry. More expensive and newer vehicles have better batteries and power management.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back