Sony OLED A90J or QD EOLED A95K Launch in India

True. Everywhere I go for demo and price checking, the sales guys are hell-bent on selling Samsung. They keep on explaining features for atleast 10-15 mins and also showcase how bad other brands like Sony and LG OLEDs are! :p

I think I too can now start selling Samsung TVs as I have almost by-hearted all those features by hearing them multiple times.
Hush! Some psychos might call me out for your post

Ask them if they could stamp it. Mostly the invoice copy is good for oem warranty but extended warranties are different. Where it is offered, they have to give u proof of additional warranty years.
So the extended warranty is from Sony itself , not from Vijay Sales. 4th and 5th yr extended warranty would be from Vijay Sales and Onsitego , in collaboration with each other.
I'm still gonna ask them to stamp it just in case.

So the extended warranty is from Sony itself , not from Vijay Sales. 4th and 5th yr extended warranty would be from Vijay Sales and Onsitego , in collaboration with each other.
I'm still gonna ask them to stamp it just in case.
So what I meant to say was , 2nd and 3rd yr comprehensive warranty is from Sony itself. 4th and 5th yr would be Onsitego. Sony doesn't offer 4th and 5th yr warranty. I called and asked them.

I went looking around for the A80K 77" in Hyderabad on 14th Oct 2022. These are the prices I got for various TV's net of cash backs

A80K 77"Croma409000
A80K 77"Bajaj408000
A80K 77"Reliance Digital398000
C2 77"Bajaj396000 + free 42" TV
A95kBajaj245000

The more I read, I may opt for the A95K. Primary reason being my use case is all movies or tv shows. No gaming anytime soon.
The Downgrade from 77" to 65": I have a maximum distance of 10' after the TV is wall mounted. Not all content is High quality yet. Going larger is not necessarily a benefit.

I have installation time till November or December. It is just that offers are too tempting and I do not want to loose these bargains.

Croma have confirmed that Warranties start from the date of delivery. While Bajaj and RD informed it is from the date of billing.

The bundled Sony Camera module, Camera Unit (CMU-BC1) looks interesting. So all in all I will close the A95K

Last edited:
I went looking around for the A80K 77" in Hyderabad on 14th Oct 2022. These are the prices I got for various TV's net of cash backs

A80K 77"Croma409000
A80K 77"Bajaj408000
A80K 77"Reliance Digital398000
C2 77"Bajaj396000 + free 42" TV
A95kBajaj245000

The more I read, I may opt for the A95K. Primary reason being my use case is all movies or tv shows. No gaming anytime soon.
The Downgrade from 77" to 65": I have a maximum distance of 10' after the TV is wall mounted. Not all content is High quality yet. Going larger is not necessarily a benefit.

I have installation time till November or December. It is just that offers are too tempting and I do not want to loose these bargains.

Croma have confirmed that Warranties start from the date of delivery. While Bajaj and RD informed it is from the date of billing.

warranty starts from date of billing no matter the delivery date.

I too was in a similar situation and picked up A95K early this week. TV is absolutely gorgeus to watch videos.

warranty starts from date of billing no matter the delivery date.

I too was in a similar situation and picked up A95K early this week. TV is absolutely gorgeus to watch videos.
Based on your usage, do you feel the need for Sound bar or does Sony does a good job?

Did anyone here wall mount the A95K? If so can you please share some pictures

Based on your usage, do you feel the need for Sound bar or does Sony does a good job?

Did anyone here wall mount the A95K? If so can you please share some pictures
Sony does a good job with audio on this one. But it drops down to personal preference. Im now after a home theatre.

If you're planning to have it wall mounted id suggest you to either negoiate a deal on swivel wall mount with dealer or buy one before installation or crack a deal with the installation guy. As of now sony only provides a 3rd party fixed wall mount. Using ports on tv will be such a pain on fix mount.

Sony does a good job with audio on this one. But it drops down to personal preference. Im now after a home theatre.

If you're planning to have it wall mounted id suggest you to either negoiate a deal on swivel wall mount with dealer or buy one before installation or crack a deal with the installation guy. As of now sony only provides a 3rd party fixed wall mount. Using ports on tv will be such a pain on fix mount.
So true. There is hardly an inch space between the wall and TV that came with the A80J's.

I already have 2 such fixed wall mounts lying around at my parents place from the A80J 65" and 77". Though the technician informed me the swivel mounts are the best, I feel they are sagging a bit.

In the mean time I will also check the feasibility of adding plank to place the TV with the given stand instead of wall mount

Not yet operational.
The Bravia core app is working on my A95k. Once I logged in , it automatically gives me a 2 yr membership and 10 credits free. Already utilized one credit to watch a movie.

Regarding the "Bravia Core" streaming option , which I guess is a higher quality stream , I have connected my LAN cable directly to my TV , so it works but the stream pauses to buffer every 2- 3 mins so I turned it off.

The Bravia core app is working on my A95k. Once I logged in , it automatically gives me a 2 yr membership and 10 credits free. Already utilized one credit to watch a movie.

Regarding the "Bravia Core" streaming option , which I guess is a higher quality stream , I have connected my LAN cable directly to my TV , so it works but the stream pauses to buffer every 2- 3 mins so I turned it off.
The ethernet port on all TVs is 100 Mbps (not fast enough). You need to use a USB adaptor to get faster ethernet.

You're better off with 5GHz WiFi than regular ethernet. Here's HDTVTest on it

Wow! That is great news.
I haven't been able to even find the app in the store on my A80J. (It was promised, though)
Unless it has come over the air in one of the many S/W updates (which I never take), this is another major plus for the 2022 models.
Will update my TV and check again, though.
@insane79, have you tried?

The ethernet port on all TVs is 100 Mbps (not fast enough). You need to use a USB adaptor to get faster ethernet.
This is right. But those interested would do well to check if the adapter is compatible. I, and another user - i think ssf, have had compatibility issues.
Can vouch for this. After the adapter bummer, tried streaming heavy files during non-peak hours over WiFi, and it works like a dream.

Wow! That is great news.
I haven't been able to even find the app in the store on my A80J. (It was promised, though)
Unless it has come over the air in one of the many S/W updates (which I never take), this is another major plus for the 2022 models.
Will update my TV and check again, though.
@insane79, have you tried?
Bravia Core will not be coming to A80J. Sony India CS confirmed the same when I called them.

Unfortunately as of now my Internet plan speed is limited to 100 mbps :| , ( using Hathway Broadband ) , but also my Main router is very far away , so I've pulled a Lan Cable from there to another router in my bedroom and so the wi fi connection from that router gives me a max of 25 - 30 mbps and hence I had to connect another Lan cable from this bedroom router to the TV to give me full speed.

only A95k gets Bravia core in India? we can't change the playstore region and get the app like we do on android phones? :rolleyes:
2022 models are getting it. You can still install the app in A80J ... But can't sign in... the CS even said in the next updates the app itself will be removed from A80J's ... Not sure why.. how.. 🙂

Guys, need your support here , Am not able to install SonyLiv and Zee5 OTT app on A95k . Did anyone else facing same issue?
I have deleted cache and there is 3 gb internal space still available. All other apps are downloaded but only these keep showing pending
tried all options like deleting cache and all
Kindly suggest

Attachments

• sonyliv.jpeg
    sonyliv.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 17
Back