Sony OLED A90J or QD EOLED A95K Launch in India

When did I say you said that?

I searched across the thread and couldn't find any panel failure. AVSForum has a thread search feature. You can filter by fail and panel independently and there are no matches.

Dealers are just frauds when it comes to info anyway. Most of the time, the opposite of what they claim is true. He might be getting more margin on LG, and hence pushing them.

Completely agree.

Even I was shocked today at how close the C2 was to the G2. If I end up not buying an A95K for whatever reason, I'd go with the C2 over the G2. It's basically the same TV but cheaper and fits much better on a table which I prefer.
You and bloom have been barking at the wrong tree. Anyways i am too tired to untangle this. Think whatever you want. I call it a day. When you realise you will understand how pointless these things are and that you have wasted our time.

I did not say panel defects and so please dont hear me out or bring me in. I just said it has not lived up to the hype as Sony has ps5 but has given only 2 hdmi 2.1 provisions and have priced it at a premium. But i do believe the next year it will have 4 2.1 hdmi ports and will hit 1500 nits.
Sorry, I don't want to quote you on that if you have not mentioned that. However, I was slightly concerned after those couple of posts and started searching for all the owners forums, discussions around to see if there are any negative points that I need to be aware of while I'm almost inclined to get A95K over G2.
I think someone also said on my reply that the dealers try to sell where they get the maximum margins and it may be very well true.

Infact when he said this to me about the Sony, I took it with a pinch of salt. I did not want to argue with him and hence left the matter there itself.
Don't worry guys! I don't think we need to take this or anything around here so seriously! Lets continue to have healthy discussions and learn from wonderful experiences we share.

Sorry, I don't want to quote you on that if you have not mentioned that. However, I was slightly concerned after those couple of posts and started searching for all the owners forums, discussions around to see if there are any negative points that I need to be aware of while I'm almost inclined to get A95K over G2.

Don't worry guys! I don't think we need to take this or anything around here so seriously! Lets continue to have healthy discussions and learn from wonderful experiences we share.
Correct. Let’s put our negotiation powers to 100% and get the best out if this.

Infact I am very grateful to all the members here to pitch in some amazing prices. I never thought the prices for G2 would be negotiated so hard.

Sony has always had a niche segment paying a price higher than its contemporaries due to its picture processor. This time PQ plus processor. But still the huge price diff and HDMI ports woes are the negative side of the spectrum.

Sony has always had a niche segment paying a price higher than its contemporaries due to its picture processor. This time PQ plus processor. But still the huge price diff and HDMI ports woes are the negative side of the spectrum.
I was reading somewhere, Sony wasn't doing very well a few years back and then decided to enter the premium segment only (to revive the business) with the processing advantage and never came down since then. Recently someone said that they are thinking of overlapping the other market segments as well by slowly reducing the Sony tax, that would bring many of their niche products to the same price pt level as LG/Samsung. Not authenticated news, just something I read over internet. This could very well be the start of their change in strategy.

I was reading somewhere, Sony wasn't doing very well a few years back and then decided to enter the premium segment only (to revive the business) with the processing advantage and never came down since then. Recently someone said that they are thinking of overlapping the other market segments as well by slowly reducing the Sony tax, that would bring many of their niche products to the same price pt level as LG/Samsung. Not authenticated news, just something I read over internet. This could very well be the start of their change in strategy.
Yes. I read it too. Japanese companies are finding it hard to survive due to their deflation hit economy. Most AV receivers for example are Japanese companies and have closed or on a verge of closing. Even other consumer electronics brands like Panasonic for that matter. Sony has prevailed due to their branding and fire fighting strategies. Do you know Sony had an OLED hand held TV back in 90s with a burn in disclaimer? I have a Sony walkman casette player still in working condition. Their products had once reached even 12 sigma levels in 80s. (6 sigma itself is 1 defect in a million opportunities, 12 sigma is exponentially less defective and so imagine their quality standards in the past). Sony 9000x series in LED TV itself is embodiment of class. You shall be a proud owner of a Sony A95k if you buy it however it is my opinion that LG G2 is no slouch either and i am thinking of a LG C2 77" upgrade over my LG CX 65" as size qualifies as a good upgrade over PQ according to me. But had it been my first OLED purchase,(and moreover i bought the CX a year and a half ago itself with 4 HDMI 2.1 - this still does not have 4 in 2022!!) i would have opted for 65" A95K over G2 if i get it for under 2.5 lakhs. Also my AVR and Bluray player require 2 HDMI 2.1 ports and if one more PS5 or a gaming console is added to the rig, I would prefer LG OLED anyways and so catch 22.

Last edited:
Yes. I read it too. Japanese companies are finding it hard to survive due to their deflation hit economy. Most AV receivers for example are Japanese companies and have closed or on a verge of closing. Even other consumer electronics brands like Panasonic for that matter. Sony has prevailed due to their branding and fire fighting strategies. Do you know Sony had an OLED hand held TV back in 90s with a burn in disclaimer? I have a Sony walkman casette player still in working condition. Their products had once reached even 12 sigma levels in 80s. (6 sigma itself is 1 defect in a million opportunities, 12 sigma is exponentially less defective and so imagine their quality standards in the past). Sony 9000x series in LED TV itself is embodiment of class. You shall be a proud owner of a Sony A95k if you buy it however it is my opinion that LG G2 is no slouch either and i am thinking of a LG C2 77" upgrade over my LG CX 65" as size qualifies as a good upgrade over PQ according to me. But had it been my first OLED purchase,(and moreover i bought the CX a year and a half ago itself with 4 HDMI 2.1 - this still does not have 4 in 2022!!) i would have opted for 65" A95K over G2 if i get it for under 2.5 lakhs. Also my AVR and Bluray player require 2 HDMI 2.1 ports and if one more PS5 or a gaming console is added to the rig, I would prefer LG OLED anyways and so catch 22.
We are trying crack a deal with Sony for A95K, that is under 250K. I'm assuming they should be able to deliver at Chennai, need to check though. Can't you connect your bluray, console and other components via AVR (assuming it supports hdmi 2.1)? In that case you would require only one hdmi 2.1 on your display unit, right?

We are trying crack a deal with Sony for A95K, that is under 250K. I'm assuming they should be able to deliver at Chennai, need to check though. Can't you connect your bluray, console and other components via AVR (assuming it supports hdmi 2.1)? In that case you would require only one hdmi 2.1 on your display unit, right?
Right now I do not need an A95k as I am content with my LG CX. Infact my next expenditure is going to be a 5kw solar set up which will set me back by 3.5 lakhs and after that I will go for a 77 inch OLED. A95k will never find its place in my priority list and so no thanks for offering me the 2.5 lakhs bargain price. Other forumers from Chennai can avail that offer.

As to your next question, my receiver gets over heated if I connect multiple devices to it. I once had the BRP, PS4, Set top box, connected to the receiver with space constraints forcing that at the beginning. But AVR got heated up. Now the BR player is connected to the AVR, settop box and the computer CPU connected to the TV and PS4 can be connected to both AVR or TV however is being used in the hall by my kids who sometimes hook them to my room TV. 4 HDMI 2.1 is a huge bonus if i get a PS5 in future. Now my AVR has just the optimum load. I hope it lasts longer this way thanks to the TV having all ports helpful. Maybe it is possible with fans cooling the AVR. Anyways i dont want this discussion right now when i dont need the A95k in the first place, why should i worry about cramping my receiver.

You and bloom have been barking at the wrong tree. Anyways i am too tired to untangle this. Think whatever you want. I call it a day. When you realise you will understand how pointless these things are and that you have wasted our time.
Yes I can see how someone has been going on at it at 3 at night and telling us about time waste. 😂

Yes I can see how someone has been going on at it at 3 at night and telling us about time waste. 😂
I work from home, night shifts if you didnt know already. And currently am awake as am travelling by train but usually would be asleep by now. You must have read the poster who accepted that he brought the panel fault issue and you took me on and wasted our time.

You must have read the poster who accepted that he brought the panel fault issue and you took me on and wasted our time.
It has become abundantly clear to me , and whoever sensible who is reading this thread that you took an unsubstantiated negative comment
from a FM and propagated it without the least bit of verification.
Then when I countered you , you quickly shifted the blame on the original poster of that comment.
See there can be fanboys of products ( you might be a LG fanboy and there is absolutely no harm in it - pride of ownership is very real ) , but when you say negative things about a premium product you should at least get the facts right and verify with your own experience.

I am an audio guy and I never speak negative things about an audio product until I verify it myself.I might say good things without first hand experience (that too rarely and not without verification from trusted friends ) but never a negative thing without FHE.
For AVs and premium TVs where people are making buying decisions based on these threads I believe same approach should be followed.

It has become abundantly clear to me , and whoever sensible who is reading this thread that you took an unsubstantiated negative comment
from a FM and propagated it without the least bit of verification.
Then when I countered you , you quickly shifted the blame on the original poster of that comment.
See there can be fanboys of products ( you might be a LG fanboy and there is absolutely no harm in it - pride of ownership is very real ) , but when you say negative things about a premium product you should at least get the facts right and verify with your own experience.

I am an audio guy and I never speak negative things about an audio product until I verify it myself.I might say good things without first hand experience (that too rarely and not without verification from trusted friends ) but never a negative thing without FHE.
For AVs and premium TVs where people are making buying decisions based on these threads I believe same approach should be followed.
First off, (for the nth time)i said A95k has not lived to its hype and thats within any person's personal opinion. But a poster followed it by saying "xyz dealer said there is some panel issues" and according to him "impulsively". But you and one other poster referenced to me. You openly pulled out my name and said "hear here". The other poster asked me to explain how thd panels were "defective". I refered to the poster who said that. But lightgamer and you trailed me on this. You should have got the answer by now. Are thak gaya main. Enough of it.

easy gentlemen. LG has recently showcased 97" at some trade show. This should be affordable by the time it reaches Indian showfloor in couple of years or so along with competitions considering the current pricing trends of latests and greatests. Few of us may be targeting this timeframe ( affordable or not ) . Easy Please.

easy gentlemen. LG has recently showcased 97" at some trade show. This should be affordable by the time it reaches Indian showfloor in couple of years or so along with competitions considering the current pricing trends of latests and greatests. Few of us may be targeting this timeframe ( affordable or not ) . Easy Please.
Although this is not an LG related thread, i agree with you. A 97" OLED if hitting Indian market within say 10 lakhs might attract a lot of new age Indian consumers in a couple of years. Sony wont be pricing it at affordable rate and unofficially they call it Sony tax! LG might bring it to affordable range. (Even though I am a Sony fan boy at heart).

Maybe in 3-4 years under 10 lakh. Don't expect any less than that.

Maybe in 3-4 years under 10 lakh. Don't expect any less than that.
...read somewhere, current expected price (not yet published) could be $27K - translating to about 23laks.
83" itself is 17lkh, so, this could be more when hitting our continent.

but I'm sceptical if these will ever be launched here.

sorry, we can continue with

Sony OLED A90J or QD EOLED A95K Launch in India​

83" itself is 17lkh, so, this could be more when hitting our continent.

but I'm sceptical if these will ever be launched here.
83" LG was available at less than 10L. SA said last piece remaining. Didn't explore more as I was not interested. But as always big difference between sticker and actual price.
97" is of course a different beast. They would sell in low numbers anyway, thus escaping economy of scale. They are more like technology demonstration.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back