Sony OLED A90J or QD EOLED A95K Launch in India

I'm not angry.

Yeah, and your point being? Every TV will have at least something going for it. If you watch the whole video the A95K wins it in overall PQ.

Those people aren't going to decide between a 65" G2 and A95K.
PQ alone is not my verdict.

Those people are going to. Otherwise there wouldn't be a close second in product line. A 65k price difference for instance can get them a ps5 extra plus 5 games CDs. For gamers it may be a cheaper bet plus has 90% PQ as evo panels have better brightness than previous ones.

Those people are going to. Otherwise there wouldn't be a close second in product line. A 65k price difference for instance can get them a ps5 extra plus 5 games CDs. For gamers it may be a cheaper bet plus has 90% PQ as evo panels have better brightness than previous ones.
Again, I don't know what you're getting at here. I'm against you putting out baseless rumours that A95K is defective and a failure against the G2.

Obviously, the G2 is a fantastic product and a better fit for some users. Someone might be unable to extend his budget or want a TV for a gaming rig (though they should strongly consider the 55" C2).

But there are obviously buyers for whom A95K is a better fit. It's the TV with the best possible PQ on the market and has been proven again and again in multiple independent reviews and today I saw it with my own eyes.

You gotta pay a premium to get the best of the best. It's up to you whether to you that premium is justified or not. You can't quantify that number for being the best on the market.

Someone who runs the 100m dash in 10.5 seconds v/s Usain Bolt in 9.5 isn't 90% as good as Bolt. It's not even close.

You should have made it clearer at the outset that your entire negative outlook hinges on the 60-65k price diff with other OLEDs. I wouldn’t have bothered posting further , and you could have avoided misleading people into thinking that A95K is NOT a way better tv than current competition.
And yes those who do care about PQ will not worry about the price diff . Sony premium TVs have traditionally cost more than LG or Samsung because of multiple factors mentioned earlier by FMs including light gamer

You should have made it clearer at the outset that your entire negative outlook hinges on the 60-65k price diff with other OLEDs. I wouldn’t have bothered posting further , and you could have avoided misleading people into thinking that A95K is NOT a way better tv than current competition.
And yes those who do care about PQ will not worry about the price diff . Sony premium TVs have traditionally cost more than LG or Samsung because of multiple factors mentioned earlier by FMs including light gamer
If you read my explanation for it not living upto its hype due to HDMI 2.1 and price difference, you would not have dragged it. Some other forumer added to my post saying there is some panel defects and you started picking on me.

"I believe someone else said dealers are saying there are defects with A95k. You must cross check with that forumer ie. @pushkarajd"

This i posted before itself. I only said it did not live up to its hype. Pushkarajd was the one who said some dealers claim it has panel issues. You have to ask him.

Again, I don't know what you're getting at here. I'm against you putting out baseless rumours that A95K is defective and a failure against the G2.

Obviously, the G2 is a fantastic product and a better fit for some users. Someone might be unable to extend his budget or want a TV for a gaming rig (though they should strongly consider the 55" C2).

But there are obviously buyers for whom A95K is a better fit. It's the TV with the best possible PQ on the market and has been proven again and again in multiple independent reviews and today I saw it with my own eyes.

You gotta pay a premium to get the best of the best. It's up to you whether to you that premium is justified or not. You can't quantify that number for being the best on the market.

Someone who runs the 100m dash in 10.5 seconds v/s Usain Bolt in 9.5 isn't 90% as good as Bolt. It's not even close.
I only said it does not live upto the hype. " Rumours" were spread by someone else. Ask him.

If you read my explanation for it not living upto its hype due to HDMI 2.1 and price difference, you would not have dragged it.
You do realize how flawed that logic is though, right? If one feature and price is enough to claim one TV is bad or another is superior, then I can claim any TV is bad.

Take this example:

My Toshiba can do 400 nits at 100% APL while the G2 can only do about 180. It's also 1.5 lakhs cheaper. G2 is overhyped and a bad TV. Maybe next year they'll fix it. U7980 is a better TV than G2 by this logic.

See how bad this logic looks?
Some other forumer added to my post saying there is some panel defects and you started picking on me.
You reiterated it and created FUD though, to further prove your point. Sorry, but you do share the blame here.
" Rumours" were spread by someone else. Ask him.
Rumours were started by someone else. You were the one who spread them by reiterating it without verifying and misleading others.

I have an early morning train to catch and i cant go on with misundrrstood mudslinging. You guys read the messages and take on who is responsible. Not me.

You do realize how flawed that logic is though, right? If one feature and price is enough to claim one TV is bad or another is superior, then I can claim any TV is bad.

Take this example:

My Toshiba can do 400 nits at 100% APL while the G2 can only do about 180. It's also 1.5 lakhs cheaper. G2 is overhyped and a bad TV. Maybe next year they'll fix it. U7980 is a better TV than G2 by this logic.

You reiterated it and created FUD though, to further prove your point. Sorry, but you do share the blame here.

Rumours were started by someone else. You were the one who spread them by reiterating it without verifying and misleading others.
Look, i reiterated because someone asked ME what the panel defect was. I quoted the name of the forumer who said it and to check with him. Understood? I dont have time to explain further. Its gone beyond simple explanation.read the past posts and decifer and ask the concerned poster. Not me.

I have an early morning train to catch and i cant go on with misundrrstood mudslinging. You guys read the messages and take on who is responsible. Not me.
I’d like to apologize if I created any mis-understandings here. I just said that the dealer with whom I was talking to dis not recommend A95K becuase of panel issues. I may be 100% wrong here. Never denied that. I am yet to see the A95K to comment on it.

It just struck me when I read the post that the A95K is not living upto it’s mark and my reply was very impulsive.

Never meant to hurt anyone’s sentiments here.

Take this example:

I just said it did not live upto the hype. I said it is a bad TV? Put a reference to where i said that?

I’d like to apologize if I created any mis-understandings here. I just said that the dealer with whom I was talking to dis not recommend A95K becuase of panel issues. I may be 100% wrong here. Never denied that. I am yet to see the A95K to comment on it.

It just struck me when I read the post that the A95K is not living upto it’s mark and my reply was very impulsive.

Never meant to hurt anyone’s sentiments here.
I myself am looking to buy A95K but unfortunately the dealer sid not have a demo piece of the A95K. Hence planning to visit larger showrooms like VSP, Sony Center and Croma in the next few days.

If you read my explanation for it not living upto its hype due to HDMI 2.1 and price difference, you would not have dragged it. Some other forumer added to my post saying there is some panel defects and you started picking on me.
@Bloom@83 , @lightgamer , just hear him out. He may have got some source to claim the failures around panels and shall surely get more details around it. If we read the owner discussion thread on AVForums which I share in last post, we shall get fair idea about it, tons of posts by many owners sharing their experiences, I had not read completely but yet to come across any failures being reported.

I have not been lucky enough to go out for the audition, only watching reviews, reading forum discussions etc. so my opinion may not hold a lot of authority either. From the video reviews I have watched. I could clearly see the difference in the color volume, its accuracy, natural looking skin tone and dynamic range. G2 gets slightly brighter at certain places, usually white ones, but that seems to be leading to wash out of the image, only in certain cases; while A95K seems to be doing slightly better at those places. So, for movie/shows/HDR content. This looks to be the best option we have (while we still don't have Q95B and can't compare right now).

I agree it has some disadvantages in terms of no of hdmi 2.1 ports, slight bit of gaming response when compared to LG and for many the biggest one is price difference.
Up until a few days back, I was inclined towards getting 65G2. However, the price difference is coming down during this festival season. currently it seems to be around 65K (its even less that that in Delhi) and may come down further over next couple of weeks. I strongly feel, if the use case is going to be movie/shows/HDR content, it is worth going to pay that extra 50k for the kind of benefits one gets with the PQ, QD-OLED may be proved as bonus (unless there is something wrong in the 1st gen, which I don't see looking at the current owner discussions in the western countries). However, if the function is all rounder TV. I surely think that the C2 (not even G2) would fit perfectly, biggest point being the cost and vfm product. To me, it looks like its purely depends on the use case.

I said it is a bad TV?
When did I say you said that?
@Bloom@83 , @lightgamer , just hear him out. He may have got some source to claim the failures around panels and shall surely get more details around it. If we read the owner discussion thread on AVForums which I share in last post, we shall get fair idea about it, tons of posts by many owners sharing their experiences, I had not read completely but yet to come across any failures being reported.
I searched across the thread and couldn't find any panel failure. AVSForum has a thread search feature. You can filter by fail and panel independently and there are no matches.

Dealers are just frauds when it comes to info anyway. Most of the time, the opposite of what they claim is true. He might be getting more margin on LG, and hence pushing them.

Up until a few days back, I was inclined towards getting 65G2. However, the price difference is coming down during this festival season. currently it seems to be around 65K (its even less that that in Delhi) and may come down further over next couple of weeks. I strongly feel, if the use case is going to be movie/shows/HDR content, it is worth going to pay that extra 50k for the kind of benefits one gets with the PQ, QD-OLED may be proved as bonus (unless there is something wrong in the 1st gen, which I don't see looking at the current owner discussions in the western countries). However, if the function is all rounder TV. I surely think that the C2 (not even G2) would fit perfectly, biggest point being the cost and vfm product. To me, it looks like its purely depends on the use case.
Completely agree.

Even I was shocked today at how close the C2 was to the G2. If I end up not buying an A95K for whatever reason, I'd go with the C2 over the G2. It's basically the same TV but cheaper and fits much better on a table which I prefer.

I have not been lucky enough to go out for the audition, only watching reviews, reading forum discussions etc. so my opinion may not hold a lot of authority either. From the video reviews I have watched. I could clearly see the difference in the color volume, its accuracy, natural looking skin tone and dynamic range. G2 gets slightly brighter at certain places, usually white ones, but that seems to be leading to wash out of the image, only in certain cases; while A95K seems to be doing slightly better at those places. So, for movie/shows/HDR content. This looks to be the best option we have (while we still don't have Q95B and can't compare right now).

I agree it has some disadvantages in terms of no of hdmi 2.1 ports, slight bit of gaming response when compared to LG and for many the biggest one is price difference.
I did not say panel defects and so please dont hear me out or bring me in. I just said it has not lived up to the hype as Sony has ps5 but has given only 2 hdmi 2.1 provisions and have priced it at a premium. But i do believe the next year it will have 4 2.1 hdmi ports and will hit 1500 nits.

I think someone also said on my reply that the dealers try to sell where they get the maximum margins and it may be very well true.

Infact when he said this to me about the Sony, I took it with a pinch of salt. I did not want to argue with him and hence left the matter there itself.

I think someone also said on my reply that the dealers try to sell where they get the maximum margins and it may be very well true.

Infact when he said this to me about the Sony, I took it with a pinch of salt. I did not want to argue with him and hence left the matter there itself.
So I think this whole conv started because of me and I would again like to apologize for creating any mis-understandings.

I think let’s get over about these petty things and focus on getting a good deal for the TV that we all are looking forward to buy.

I think most of the guys on this thread are looking for either G2 or the A95K. So let’s get cracking on the pricing front here and let all be benefitted.

I too will post my prices when I visit the other showrooms in the next 2-3 days

So, for movie/shows/HDR content. This looks to be the best option we have (while we still don't have Q95B and can't compare right now).
I believe you mean the S95B. The QN95B is an LCD TV. It's not available in India, so no point bothering over it I guess.
But i do believe the next year it will have 4 2.1 hdmi ports and will hit 1500 nits.
Next year we will have 4 2.1 ports for sure. There is a new Mediatek chipset available now which can do that

I highly doubt it will hit 1500 nits though. Even this year it can hit, but Sony isn't allowing that. Panel tech doesn't move that fast. We'll need micro lenses to go that far, or the TV might burn in.

Even Samsung S95B was going 1400+ nits in earlier firmware and they pulled it back, probably because they realized it was burning the panel.

So I think this whole conv started because of me and I would again like to apologize for creating any mis-understandings.

I think let’s get over about these petty things and focus on getting a good deal for the TV that we all are looking forward to buy.

I think most of the guys on this thread are looking for either G2 or the A95K. So let’s get cracking on the pricing front here and let all be benefitted.

I too will post my prices when I visit the other showrooms in the next 2-3 days
Hey man, you did nothing wrong. You just quoted the dealer as it is, and you also mentioned that you didn't believe him.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back