Soundbar under 50k - Suggestions please!

Mayank Shah

Require to setup a soundbar for a just retired elderly couple. Wireless sub is a must. Room size is 17 x 15 x 10(H). TV is on the 15 foot wall. Something with good SQ rather than fancy marketing gimmicks. Under 50k.

Size, shape and dimensions are not an issue.

Content would be 4k (Atmos/ DTS) on Shield/ Kodi, Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, Zee5, and the likes. Thanks.

You could check Polk magnifi mini soundbar with wireless woofer.

It's a great sounding soundbar under 30K. It's small and compact but the sound is clear and room filling, bass is not boomy. I used it for around 2 years before moving to a dedicated home theatre system.

You could check Polk magnifi mini soundbar with wireless woofer.

It's a great sounding soundbar under 30K. It's small and compact but the sound is clear and room filling, bass is not boomy. I used it for around 2 years before moving to a dedicated home theatre system.
That doesn't have Atmos.

For Atmos, the best vfm option available in India is Jbl Bar 9.1. It's similar to Q90R in performance and much cheaper here.

I have auditioned JBL bar 5.1, can be considered younger sibling of above said 9.1. The sub is wireless and wont let you down. With negotiation you can make it into your 50 k budget. I remember seeing this model being sold for 45k (53k reads reliance digital listing)during diwali.

Compared to 9.1(79k reads reliance digital listing-soldout) it does lack Atmos, just supports Dolby and DTS lossy formats.

Edit: Seems like there are 2 versions of 5.1 soundbar being listed in Reliance digital. And this is the model I have auditioned - https://www.reliancedigital.in/jbl-jblbar51blkep-5-1-channel-soundbar/p/491362521

The only good soundbar I can think based on your budget and based on my hearing (Croma & LG) are the LG SL8YG, Should be under 50K easily and if you can stretch your budget a little bit then go for SL10YG. Both these are better than Q800t of Samsung which is a decent model but not vfm.

Samsung honestly has done a very poor job when it comes to soundbars, Buggers have given all the best soundbars like Q70R, Q80R and Q90R to the other parts of the world but not India. Only the entry level they brought in India which are duds when compared to LG models.

But yeah, Don't go for any soundbar except from LG & Samsung, All others are costly to get a decent sound and are not worth that amount.

I dug deep into online research for a soundbar under 50K with ATMOS,have shortlisted - Samsung HW-Q800T & (LG8YG+SPK8-S) real speakers.
Both should cost around same.I think I will go with Samsung cost around 43K
Why not lg? With the surround speakers, the performance will be much better than Samsung?

Why not lg? With the surround speakers, the performance will be much better than Samsung?
LG was my No.1 choice for long time,but momentum shifted after I visited rtings.com.It is not much recommended for movies/TV shows,dialogue etc.The surround speakers will not help much on this aspect either although they might improve the surround effect. Also I dont want to go again in the hassle of surround speakers positioning /placement/ cable management, otherwise I would have chosen an atmos home theater instead in first place.

The only good soundbar I can think based on your budget and based on my hearing (Croma & LG) are the LG SL8YG, Should be under 50K easily and if you can stretch your budget a little bit then go for SL10YG. Both these are better than Q800t of Samsung which is a decent model but not vfm.

Samsung honestly has done a very poor job when it comes to soundbars, Buggers have given all the best soundbars like Q70R, Q80R and Q90R to the other parts of the world but not India. Only the entry level they brought in India which are duds when compared to LG models.

But yeah, Don't go for any soundbar except from LG & Samsung, All others are costly to get a decent sound and are not worth that amount.
Honesty I have not heard any of these,LG or Samsung. I am just going with the rtings.com & other reviews.I found Q800T is rated among the best.Attached screenshot from rtings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200824-064645_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200824-064645_Chrome.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 18
Yamaha soundbars YAS-408/209 lack eARC , Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital plus,DTS:X,Dolby True HD support ,so in my opinion offer less value, otherwise sound performance is decent. Yamaha YAS-209 perform better than equivalent Polk magnifi mini. Below 30000rs,Samsung HW-Q60R offer better sound quality in decent price,but still no support for above mentioned formats.But Yamahas might be more durable in long run although Samsung who now own JBL/Harman Kardon should also be hassle free.

The Polk MagniFi Max is pretty impressive. I was pleasently surprised by the performance. But, no Atmos and slightly over 50k. Give it a try.

No idea if the Philips Fidelios are made anymore. Check them out.
Another will engineered models are three Yamaha YSP series.
Wharfedales

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back