Speakers for Yamaha rxv 377 ..Should i get smthng from Europe?

Appys

Hi All...I have been planning on upgrading the fronts of my yht 2910 since quite sometime..been a year since I have it wired but the fronts dont justify music playback and lack the timbre I want..
I would appreciate if sm1 could help me decide the best fronts to pair the avr with?
Ive been reading a lot about Wharfedale diamond 220 / dali zensor 3 and pioneer aj fs52...I dont know if these are the best matches ..pioneer floorstanders are out of stock everywhere..I was wondering if I should get somethng for the avr from sm1 in paris..amazon.fr is dry but wharfedale from uk delivered in paris cm arnd 19k while dali zensor from amazon.de wud b 29k..is it even worth it...to forego the warranty

Usage 50% music 50% video

Quite frankly I do not see the point of getting the speakers you mentioned imported.
Wharfedale and Dali are possibly two most talked about name in audio circle for speakers in India and they are available almost anywhere! Prices of these are quite reasonable as well if you are willing to bargain a little and talk with more than one dealer and see who offers the best price.
If you are going to get these imported then there is the matter of shipping, the delays associated with it, the amazingly consistent Indian custom's inconsistency in determining duties notwithstanding, the headache of making sure that they reach your doorstep unharmed.....I just do not see the point.

If you get someone to carry these for you then do remember these are quite heavy and just carrying them does not ensure that there will not be any duties involved.

You are in Bangalore, there are many places to visit and audition, choose one and bring it home, be happy afterwards!

Btw Dali Zensor 3 can be had here for 28K I think.

Thanks sirjee.. I guess even if i go myself and get these.. the prices don't make sense to import .. Plus the warranty headache..
By the way how does the warranty work on these items if bought here itself?? Any clue

Mostly you would be able to purchase Wharfedales in india with warranty at the same price as in UK. Probably dalis too.
So I don't find any reason to import these speakers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back