Static Stabilizers vs Servo Stabilizers

If you want a best in class device, the other option is a power conditioner. No backup but excellent power conditioner.

I read through this. It just shuts down in case of voltage surge but won't correct the voltage. That's my main concern.

I live in an area where the power goes off for a few minutes a couple of times on most days. I'm looking for protection for my 60 x 2 Watts Marantz PM7005 stereo amp with power consumption of 170 Watts according to the manual.

The dealer who sold me the amp had suggested an 800 Watts Pure Sine Wave UPS. The problem is that all the solutions I could find online over 600 Watts required an external battery that would add to the cost.

I only need the power to stay on till I can switch off the amp correctly and avoid an abrupt cut off.

Would a 600 W Sine Wave UPS from APC solve my problem? Could you suggest a model number?

I live in an area where the power goes off for a few minutes a couple of times on most days. I'm looking for protection for my 60 x 2 Watts Marantz PM7005 stereo amp with power consumption of 170 Watts according to the manual.

The dealer who sold me the amp had suggested an 800 Watts Pure Sine Wave UPS. The problem is that all the solutions I could find online over 600 Watts required an external battery that would add to the cost.

I only need the power to stay on till I can switch off the amp correctly and avoid an abrupt cut off.

Would a 600 W Sine Wave UPS from APC solve my problem? Could you suggest a model number?

Is it 600 Watts or 600VA? As a rule of thumb, you can use this formula while selecting the UPS.

1.6 * Load (Watts) = Minimum Volt-Amperes (VA) of UPS.

Is it 600 Watts or 600VA? As a rule of thumb, you can use this formula while selecting the UPS.

Thanks! That helps. I'm quite ignorant abt electical matters

a power regenerator does everything and is the best option for audio, if price isn't a bottleneck/factor.

a power regenerator does everything and is the best option for audio, if price isn't a bottleneck/factor.

Does this have any dealer in India? I searched for this one before pulling the trigger on Audioquest Niagara 1200..

I have posted elsewhere on this forum as there was a similar thread.
One possible method
>Input mains to servo (normal non-static servo is ok ) to Online "double conversion" pure sine wave output UPS (Apc,eaton or equivalent)
One aspect to consider the servo and ups fan will make noise.So you need find a place for that !

In our area there is almost 4 to 5 hours of power cut and the voltage fluctuations are also routine throughout the year .So to tackle the situation i have installed a 12kva servo stabilizer on the mains and from there to a 1000 va Luminous sine wave inverter/ups and both are outside my audio room/ bedroom.The voltage output from the servo varies from 220 volt to 225 volt depending on the input variations.

I have purchased an APC 1KVA online UPS with 2 batteries for my system. Attaching an APC surge protector to this UPS has a noticeable degradation in dynamics and clarity in my system so have removed this and directly using a lower rated Belkin surge protector power strip for the amps. So am now thinking of removing this Belkin strip completely and going in for a pure high quality hand made distribution box to connect to the UPS. Just wanted an opinion if such a plain distribution box with good wiring and sockets and no filter or surge protector or any fancy circuitry inside is the best way forward or do I need something else. Thanks in advance.

I have purchased an APC 1KVA online UPS with 2 batteries for my system. Attaching an APC surge protector to this UPS has a noticeable degradation in dynamics and clarity in my system so have removed this and directly using a lower rated Belkin surge protector power strip for the amps. So am now thinking of removing this Belkin strip completely and going in for a pure high quality hand made distribution box to connect to the UPS. Just wanted an opinion if such a plain distribution box with good wiring and sockets and no filter or surge protector or any fancy circuitry inside is the best way forward or do I need something else. Thanks in advance.
If its a double conversion online ups ( NOT BACK or Line interactive UPS ! ) then no further surge protect required.
Even better if you have a servo stabilizer followed by a online double conversion UPS !

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back