Subwoofer with 45k budget

nickandre

So my jamo sub200 conked of and i wasn't really happy with it, will be buying a new one. Have set a budget of around 45k i haven't gone and auditioned some yet due to lack of time, however based on some online research I shortlisted Klipsch r10sw, polk audio dspro550, and either svs pb1000 or svs sb1000. My room is about 280 sq ft. usage is about 60% music, tv and about 40% dvds/blurays. Music preference is trance, dub-step and metal.

currently im inclining towards both the svs subs tho open for more options.
what do you guys think about using a wireless transmitter from dayton audio?

SVS would fit into your budget. I have not heard it though due to lack of demo availability. But heard good reviews everywhere on net. I instead went in for polk dsw 660. It is also very good to my liking which is 80% movies that require good bass. If you get to audition both, that would be great. Do let me know the outcome as well.

@nickandre
Ported subs will reach down a bit lower in frequency but will have port flare after a point.

Sealed subs will not got down as much but the bass will be tighter.

My honest opinion - try to get 2 subs. This will really make a difference in the bass!!

@ nickandre
I recently got the svs pb1000 for my HT setup. The sub is good with clean bass. I also auditioned the SB1000.That sub is also a star performer. Really , there is no difference b/w the two sonically. To say that ported one goes to a lower frequency of around 19hz is a myth. For a sub to go that low , you must have an acoustically treated room with ample gain , basstraps etc. For all practical purposes the SB is equally good. So you can have either one.
There is one difference though, the PB1000 is a good 21 inches deep & you really need to have ample space to place it. Also pb has a 10 inch driver with port & SB has a 12 inch driver . Do make up your mind & let us know. Cheers

hey thanks for your replies.
I Got my jamo sub 200 fixed for 10.5k at cinebels when i got it home and hooked up had set the level at 0db and the gain at 3 O'clock since it dint seem like it was on below that so yea it was jarring at whatever level it could work and a bit later this burning smell came at which i turned it of.. Turns out the voice coil is fried, they however said they will fix it at no cost to me. So yea that's great i get time to save some more money.
I auditioned the Klipsch r112sw mighty good looker it is.. Quoted me 54k for r110, 74k for r112, 84k for r115.
The demo room was a bit smaller than my hall he powered up a jamo j110 it was pounding but dint seem great. Specs wise i find the pb1000 better compared to the r110, though my dads hooked up on the way the klipsch reference line looked. I still have to find a place i can audition the svs . Since the budget will be upped i may go in for the pb2000

While auditioning it the music was being played from klipsch reference r28f. really loved that tho i found the highs a bit too much, but its clarity and presence was outstanding, my dad loved it So now that's also in consideration but will go with the r24f due to space constraints for the the floorstanders, a center and maybe later add in bookshelf's for the surround that's if we do end up replacing what we have now.
I have a jamo s406 package with jamo 606 bookshelf as rear surround9which i plan to retain). Not really that impressive but still better than others at the price point we got back then.
have an Onkyo 616 avr.

Last edited:
Sealed subs will not got down as much but the bass will be tighter.
AYlgpr

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back