suggest best HT

suri.log

Dear HifiGurus
i am in confusion choosing HT , between fallowing models.please share your views
primarily i have chosen to have N/W feature in my receiver, then i started exploring the reviews.finally i have the fallowing options fulfilling my reqs

i>onkyo 414 +Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 (not auditioned the speakers)--inr51k
j>denon1713+Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100(fabulous output for movies)-inr 60k
k>denon1713+Wharfedale DX-1-inr 72k

initially i decided to have my budget fixed to 50k. but later i am impressed with the DX1 and i felt this will be decent option to play music also .but this will increase my budget

keys:
usage: 70%movies+30%music
room size 10*18
BUdget:50k(stretched to 60k)

Q
-------
a>. is it really worth increasing my budget getting the option (k)from above:).or do you feel all the three systems will be a good option, so i can choose anyone:

b>.If above is not not a good option,then i am interested to have onkyo-nr 414(since it is become cheap compare to denon 1713)and
separate speakers for making HT(i know there are so many suggestions in this forum, and i was reading all the older posts ,but still want to know good individual speakers models to make decent HT)

Thanks
:)

what i know onkyo is better for movies..but thats depends on personal sound taste.
audition more..
you can try this
sonodyne is giving 26 % sale..
a avant centre+sonus bs fromts=18k
sonodyne sonus rears=9k
astonia sub=12k..........dont underestimate it for being inexpensive..its a 20 kg sub..
onkyo 414 or denon 1713=30k..may be

you must try denon 1612..its cheaper as being older of 1713...at 25k.......

so at 65k its a rocking system.
i am suggesting avant centre 12k as its beutiful against sounus centre at only 5k

if liking wharfedale+denon sound signature...go for 10 series..it will be costly but you can go step by step...

howver this is my personal preference,you must demo avr+speaker for your personal sound taste..........imho wooeden speakers are better thsn satelites..i understand we all have a budget but you can go step by step...

Last edited:
what i know onkyo is better for movies..but thats depends on personal sound taste.
audition more..
you can try this

Where exactly I can get 26% off on Sonodyne. Plz suggest. I live in chandigarh. Am looking for a sub currently to match with my Denon 1612.how about Denon's roar series? I can see you recommending Astonia sub in almost every post. Do let me know about it's performance compared to other 15K models like Polk PSW110 and Sonodyne roarr108 series. If Astonia gives best VFM then I would definitely choose it over others. I can not get it auditioned so I can even go by suggestions as well

Sonodyne giving 26% offer in Kolkatta only. For details search the forum..there is a thread dedicated to this.

Regarding the astonia sub also, there is a thread with its review..please search.. :)
(lazy to search for the threads..hehe)

yes there is a separate thread about astonia.
.i am suggesting being it cheapest and the particuler threads were about budget.
if budget is higher....demo is a must.
call sonodyne kolkata guys..they will ship the product witha 4% shipping and
some octroi if applicable in your city
roar is also a goood vfm product

This is bad man...being based in Kolkata Sonodyne is being partial to uspeople who are based out of Kolkata. Not done.

@jitudigitised...after posting the reply I was up and searching the reviews only but may be too lazy to reply back again on this thread. Anyways I have got good reviews on astonia only thing is it's built.

Now Under 15K, I have 3 subs to choose from. So anyone please compare them for me and give feedback accordingly
1.Polk Audio PSW 110
2.Astonia
3.Sonodyne Roarr 108.

So can anyone tell me which one is the best out of above 3?

audition more..
you can try this
a avant centre+sonus bs fromts=18k
sonodyne sonus rears=9k
astonia sub=12k..........dont underestimate it for being inexpensive..its a 20 kg sub..
onkyo 414 or denon 1713=30k..may be

you must try denon 1612..its cheaper as being older of 1713...at 25k.......

so at 65k its a rocking system.
i am suggesting avant centre 12k as its beutiful against sounus centre at only 5k

if liking wharfedale+denon sound signature...go for 10 series..it will be costly but you can go step by step...

howver this is my personal preference,you must demo avr+speaker for your personal sound taste..........imho wooeden speakers are better thsn satelites..i understand we all have a budget but you can go step by step...

hi prosenjit,
the setup which you suggested is good i went for audition today the output is comparatively rockin with DX1.complete sonodyne sonus v2 setup is good.
thnanx for your suggestion

if you liked it
can try sono avant centre instead of sono sonus...well its 2.5 pricey times than sonus...but simply will blow you away...
only the centre...others same config...

Hi,
i am planning to pair the fallowing setup with onkyo NR515,...any views
Sonus 2504 V3 Floor standers+
Sonus 2504 V3 Center+(but sono avant LCR 250 centre comes with metal finishing!)
Sonus R-ears V3 Rears+
Roarr 108 Sub woofer

i do not have receiver right now . i am now going order new one....but am in bit confusion
which one to go .i have read so many forums concluded to decide from these 3 ..can any views on these...:)

onkyo Tx NR515 or(top features +7.2channel)
Denon 1713 or (Top pick +owner are suggesting to have)
Yamaha RX v473 or (i had demo with yamaha 373 in sonodyne show room)

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back