Suggestion for 2.0 system under 60k

Carthee

Hey everybody, I am new to this, so sorry if I sound a noob. I like to build a good audio system for my room. Thinking of getting an AV receiver and 2.0 speakers then gradually upgrading it. My room size is 8*8. So not a lot of room (maybe rent a diff house in a year or two. That is why i am sticking to the 2.0 system now) .My primary usage would be gaming and movies. I have a 43 inch tv with EARC and PC. I contacted one local seller he suggest marantz NR1711 which is way above my budget. He said i spend this much to get proper sound (is that even true?). I can strech my budget no problem in it. A few questions below,
1. Do you see any issues in this approach?
2. What AV receiver should i go?
3. What speaker should i go to? So that i can reuse these when i upgrade it.
Btw, i live in chennai, if anybody knows any reliable place here. Please also suggest it

Hey everybody, I am new to this, so sorry if I sound a noob. I like to build a good audio system for my room. Thinking of getting an AV receiver and 2.0 speakers then gradually upgrading it. My room size is 8*8. So not a lot of room (maybe rent a diff house in a year or two. That is why i am sticking to the 2.0 system now) .My primary usage would be gaming and movies. I have a 43 inch tv with EARC and PC. I contacted one local seller he suggest marantz NR1711 which is way above my budget. He said i spend this much to get proper sound (is that even true?). I can strech my budget no problem in it. A few questions below,
1. Do you see any issues in this approach?
2. What AV receiver should i go?
3. What speaker should i go to? So that i can reuse these when i upgrade it.
Btw, i live in chennai, if anybody knows any reliable place here. Please also suggest it
Welcome to HFV

Suggest you visit the many dealers who can demo systems so that you get a better idea of how these systems perform and accordingly you can make a list of the ones you like. Share that list here.

We can then advise you to go for a certain brand / model depending on your set budget.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

Welcome to HFV

Suggest you visit the many dealers who can demo systems so that you get a better idea of how these systems perform and accordingly you can make a list of the ones you like. Share that list here.

We can then advise you to go for a certain brand / model depending on your set budget.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.
Thanks for the response. Today i visited 4 places, got good idea about this.

These are things shortlisted so far:
1. Everybody suggesting denon 1700x. Price is around 62k
2. Listened to Polk ES20. I think its fine.
3. Listened to Q-Acoustics 3020. Seller offered me for 22k as it is display piece
4. Listened to Dali zensor 1 bookshelf. Really liked it. Offered price was 15k as it is display piece.
5. Another offer was Denon X2300W. It is display piece used around a year. No warrenty available. Price 35k

So, is it recommended to go for display pieces (used) or is it too risky? Thinking of getting x2300w + dali sensor 1. Later upgrade for 5.1?

If not recommended pls suggest which one i should go? If required, i can spend more time on further exploring the options.
Thanks in advance for everyone's suggestion.

So, is it recommended to go for display pieces (used) or is it too risky? Thinking of getting x2300w + dali sensor 1. Later upgrade for 5.1?

If not recommended pls suggest which one i should go? If required, i can spend more time on further exploring the options.
Thanks in advance for everyone's suggestion.

Would suggest to go for the Denon X2300 as it has better Sound Quality than the basic X1700...the latest model is X2700/X2800. Usually preowned systems if working well will last unless they were refurbished or repaired. Nothing happens for 3-5 years if used carefully and appropriately.

Denon is more into movies than music and Marantz is the opposite. I prefer Marantz as its much better sounding when compared to a Denon. End of the day its upto you as in what pleases you.

Dali's are good as they can deliver ample bass for music and movies, you can look at pre owned speakers / systems which are available over forum (For Sale Section) or OLX. You can add a sub later.

If you have time in hand, audition as many systems as you can, ensure to use the same music song / movie scene so that you can refer to that experience mentally and shortlist more models / brands.

All the best!

Would suggest to go for the Denon X2300 as it has better Sound Quality than the basic X1700...the latest model is X2700/X2800. Usually preowned systems if working well will last unless they were refurbished or repaired. Nothing happens for 3-5 years if used carefully and appropriately.

Denon is more into movies than music and Marantz is the opposite. I prefer Marantz as its much better sounding when compared to a Denon. End of the day its upto you as in what pleases you.

Dali's are good as they can deliver ample bass for music and movies, you can look at pre owned speakers / systems which are available over forum (For Sale Section) or OLX. You can add a sub later.

If you have time in hand, audition as many systems as you can, ensure to use the same music song / movie scene so that you can refer to that experience mentally and shortlist more models / brands.

All the best!
Thanks. Sorry i have few questions if you please don't mind.
1. 15k worth for Dali zensor 1?
2. What are the the things i should check in 2300w to ensure everything works fine?
3. Its lacks EARC, is it make much diff compare to ARC?
4. 2300w is 95w at 0.8. Dali is rated for upto 100w amp. Seems it touches the borderline. Will it be a problem?
Thanks in advance 😊

1. 15k worth for Dali zensor 1?
Discontinued model, if warranty available with it makes sense. Compare to other bookshelfs available at the same price. Check specs.
2. What are the the things i should check in 2300w to ensure everything works fine?
Suggest you download the manual and read so that you know what basic functions to expect. Youtube is flooded with unboxing videos and demo videos from users, watch those.
3. Its lacks EARC, is it make much diff compare to ARC?
Read the difference about EARC and ARC, if you really need EARC then pursue else ARC is good enough.

4. 2300w is 95w at 0.8. Dali is rated for upto 100w amp. Seems it touches the borderline. Will it be a problem?

Comparatively, the 2300 model is more powerful than the 1700....Dali's are rated at 6 ohms so check the specs again. Ideally there should not be any challenge and it should work well.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back