Suggestions on BIC America F12

Sriram has bought PL200
Amit has bought F12

Specification wise PL200 is more powerful.

F12 and PL200 are two subwoofers from BIC America. They are becoming famous these days and tight competent with other branded subwoofers in the mid segment price range.

You could read about the products in this link. Click on each link to know more about the product detail and reviews.

BIC America F-12 Review - Pros, Cons and Verdict

One of the reviews by forum member on F12
http://www.hifivision.com/showthread.php?t=66328

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk
I have been in touch with Mr. Santosh of Prosonics. He is very friendly and approachable. He is the distributor for BIC sub woofers in Bangalore.

He is part of the forum I guess. SanthoshMD..

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dear FM, I will share the complete setup pictures over the weekend. I was out of town last weekend once again and didn't get a chance to follow the threads.

I got a chance to setup today evening. Post the setup, it sounds very good. Speaker and sub woofer tunes in and sound much better. Sharing some pics as promised.

Wall mounting the TV over the weekend.

Attachments

• P_20170824_224442.jpg
    P_20170824_224442.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 98
  • P_20170824_224626.jpg
    P_20170824_224626.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 96
  • P_20170824_224456.jpg
    P_20170824_224456.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 96
  • P_20170824_224405.jpg
    P_20170824_224405.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 96
  • P_20170824_224520.jpg
    P_20170824_224520.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 94
I got a chance to setup today evening. Post the setup, it sounds very good. Speaker and sub woofer tunes in and sound much better. Sharing some pics as promised.

Wall mounting the TV over the weekend.

Elevate the TV a bit so the center speaker does not block the view....

My set up. One 'sweet spot' for my one SW-10 identified--in one corner of the hall. Other 'sweet spot' for second SW I am not able to find. Tried all locations from opposite corner to mid wall. Please suggest[emoji28]
4affc155bc9de6f2c41ac6ec1431d8bb.jpg
6e2bb97e98f87a1749eb10c7b8f2be9f.jpg
2f45b5188f27ef6970e2a802b8865bef.jpg
cb9268697f101acc40c5aa4a00938260.jpg
d4d05e74899e614ed0d432d6d848e883.jpg
9fa44f3ec49aba829646ecbd5578566b.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

My set up. One 'sweet spot' for my one SW-10 identified--in one corner of the hall. Other 'sweet spot' for second SW I am not able to find. Tried all locations from opposite corner to mid wall.

You can place the 2nd sub beside the tv unit (left side), juz like how you have placed the 1st one (right side)..

Elevate the TV a bit so the center speaker does not block the view....

Have to do. Need to find a guy tomorrow to wall mount the TV. I guess the bracket should be universal irrespective of the TV size.

Soon to go for a bigger 4K TV.. Current one is a 32" LCD TV which I bought 7 years back. Bluray is rendered in 720p only though it's HD ready.

@ sriram

Once the BIC burn in period is complete...i dont think you will need the use of the second sub.....this sub is more than enough....

Keep tweaking the settings till you are satisfied....i used a BIC before for close to 18 months and kept fiddling till i got the optimal bliss for my ears...so this new PL200 i got was just plug and play.....it has settled in....burn in complete

You can place the 2nd sub beside the tv unit (left side), juz like how you have placed the 1st one (right side)..

Initial attempts were towards placing the two subs at this position only--one each side of the TV Unit. Set the crossover and the volumes in both the subs exactly at the same level. Was NOT satisfied, tried several files for playing and testing, some with great bass--including DTS-X (Gods of Egypt), Rustom (Atmos), FLAC/WAV files.

Moved left side sub (which is older--'burn-in' complete) to the corner, the LFE improved drastically. In the present set-up wherein one sub in the corner and one beside TV unit, the bass is a little boomier (not tight). Fiddling with various locations in my hall which is around 27 feet by 20 feet. This much area to be filled with balanced sound of all frequencies

@ sriram

Once the BIC burn in period is complete...i dont think you will need the use of the second sub.....this sub is more than enough....

Keep tweaking the settings till you are satisfied....i used a BIC before for close to 18 months and kept fiddling till i got the optimal bliss for my ears...so this new PL200 i got was just plug and play.....it has settled in....burn in complete

After giving a thought for many months whether I need a second sub or not, I tried at the second same SW as suggested by fellow members--my initial impressions are two subs are not for more Bass, they compliment each other, add to packed tighter bass and cancel out distortions of each other--particularly when you have an approx square shaped hall type of AV set up as against a rectangular room.

@ sriram

I guess this suggestion is for @pranjandas.. :)

I don't have plans to add another sub now. One itself is a true killer...

That is a very large area.. There are some different placement for subs

dual-subwoofer-placement-home-theater-2.jpg

Some more placements -
multiple-subwoofers-benefits-setup-fig4-lg.jpg

How many have you tried? May be you need 4 of them :) coz of your room size..
Have tried Pic no. 1 : First Row: Left to Right-Positions no. 2, 3 & 4.

Have stationed the subwoofers at position no. 4 as of now. Besides have kept the floorstanders on the floor only. Changed the crossover--Front speakers as Small. Getting reasonably good LFE with dual subs. Shall tweak more settings tomorrow. Watched 'Kahani (DTS)' today which was long pending[emoji28]

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Have tried Pic no. 1 : First Row: Left to Right-Positions no. 2, 3 & 4.

Have stationed the subwoofers at position no. 4 as of now. Besides have kept the floorstanders on the floor only. Changed the crossover--Front speakers as Small. Getting reasonably good LFE with dual subs. Shall tweak more settings tomorrow. Watched 'Kahani (DTS)' today which was long pending[emoji28]

Try pic 1, position 1.. Subs at the front & back of your listening position, since your room is very large..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back