Suggestions on BIC America F12

a81043df707d711a3df6e29adf23af28.jpg

Is the crossover shown in the above pic, a global (or) individual ? The reason i ask is your fronts are set as large.. Change that to small too..

Fronts set to large by the AVR's auto calibration. Before running the calibration they were set as Small. In fact I have noted a strange thing whenever MCACC calibration is done, they set the Fronts as Large, despite detecting the dedicated subwoofer(s) in the room. Since the 'corrections' take place in the sequence of FL, FR, C, HL, HR, SL, SR and lastly the Sub and the calibration microphone located far away from the Fronts as compared to the surrounds, Fronts are set as large by the AVR while all the surrounds are set as small. But then Center channel is also set as Small.

With two dedicated subs, it makes no sense all frequencies be directed to the Fronts. But the problem is unless the Fronts are set as large, double bass (a feature akin to LFE + Main of other brand AVR's calibration mechanisms) is not activated. However, personally I have found, even if double bass is not on with dual subs and fronts as small, it sounds great and is an optimal bliss:)

Fronts set to large by the AVR's auto calibration. Before running the calibration they were set as Small. In fact I have noted a strange thing whenever MCACC calibration is done, they set the Fronts as Large, despite detecting the dedicated subwoofer(s) in the room. Since the 'corrections' take place in the sequence of FL, FR, C, HL, HR, SL, SR and lastly the Sub and the calibration microphone located far away from the Fronts as compared to the surrounds, Fronts are set as large by the AVR while all the surrounds are set as small. But then Center channel is also set as Small.

With two dedicated subs, it makes no sense all frequencies be directed to the Fronts. But the problem is unless the Fronts are set as large, double bass (a feature akin to LFE + Main of other brand AVR's calibration mechanisms) is not activated. However, personally I have found, even if double bass is not on with dual subs and fronts as small, it sounds great and is an optimal bliss:)

Double bass is duplicating bass between Fronts & subwoofer.. Best would be to leave the front as small..

ProHomeAudio offers 10% discount on all their products. Those who are planning for the BIC subwoofers, please avail the offer.

Don't know how long the offer is going to be available.

ProHomeAudio offers 10% discount on all their products. Those who are planning for the BIC subwoofers, please avail the offer.

Don't know how long the offer is going to be available.

upto 8% discount i think you get it in ebay india and buy through the same seller.

Call the PAH guys....say Ganpati festival is till 5th Sep....i am sure they will entertain and close the deals with the 10% discount...speak to Sagar....

One of my friends was looking for a subwoofer and he inquired how BIC sub performs.

I shared my experience with PL200 and he ordered one from PAH couple of days back with a 10% discount.

He spoke to Sagar and got a price discount. May be one can try, it would still work out...

Call the PAH guys....say Ganpati festival is till 5th Sep....i am sure they will entertain and close the deals with the 10% discount...speak to Sagar....

It's posted in FB about 2 hours back from now. :)

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I Have 2 subs TAGA SW10 2nd one is TAGA TSW200 So on both subs i have kept settings
Voloume full crossover full 1st sub sw10 phase zero second tsw200 phase 180 AVR all Speakers 80 HZ Crossover Sub 120 hz crossover in avr
Is it correct or should change anything please help

I Have 2 subs TAGA SW10 2nd one is TAGA TSW200 So on both subs i have kept settings
Voloume full crossover full 1st sub sw10 phase zero second tsw200 phase 180 AVR all Speakers 80 HZ Crossover Sub 120 hz crossover in avr

Press check with Elangos..

Why volume full? Set the volume such that the gain set on the receiver after auto setup is in the - 3 to +3 range. Crossover on sub has no meaning if you are using bass management on receiver. Rest seems okay.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Sir thanks for reply but without at least 70 percent voloume on sub boofer the sub seems inefficient

Sir thanks for reply but without at least 70 percent voloume on sub boofer the sub seems inefficient
Okay. Yes no issues in tweaking after you gave done the auto setup. Also, is the sub in the right spot. Sub placement is extremely critical for the right bass level.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yesterday I watched 1080p BluRay movies of DTS HD / Dolby ATMOS sound tracks. I can say my speakers and subwoofer sounds much better than before. I see a great improvement in the overall output.

My cross over settings is 3.5Hz across all the 5.1 setup including the subwoofer. Is this fine to keep? My volume level is 50 points in my Yamaha AVR.

Good news that Bangalore ppl can have audition of Bic America subwoofers at ProSonics. Models F12, V1220, V80 and PL200 are available. Bookshef Speakers are also available for audition.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back