SVS PB-1000 or B&W 610 Sub? Which one to match my setup?

I am unable to increase the sub volume knob more then one level. Bass is so muddy and distorted.

If muddy then get it to 100 or 80hz.....

Secondly hope a proper subwoofer cable is being used....that makes a difference...which one are you using?

If muddy then get it to 100 or 80hz.....

Secondly hope a proper subwoofer cable is being used....that makes a difference...which one are you using?
I am using the amazon basics subwoofer cable. Even if I get the crossover to 80 the bass gets very muddy if the increase the volume knob. Now it’s just a point below the first level.

I am using the amazon basics subwoofer cable. Even if I get the crossover to 80 the bass gets very muddy if the increase the volume knob. Now it’s just a point below the first level.

I am not too sure how does that cable work well or not...I have been using Blue Rigger for the past 3 years + now and no issues...infact have recommended to many who have not complained till date about it....they use the same on different sub brands....so I guess the brand works well.

I am not too sure how does that cable work well or not...I have been using Blue Rigger for the past 3 years + now and no issues...infact have recommended to many who have not complained till date about it....they use the same on different sub brands....so I guess the brand works well.
Yeah I have been using this cable for a year used it with my previous Polk sub as well. Sure no issues with the cable. May be the sub not blending well with my room. I have calibrated to my best knowledge and it sounds amazing. Just some misses here and there

Try changing the phase switch on sub....if you can borrow someone else's subwoofer cable to check if any difference....will be great

Would also suggest to carefully go through the owners manual......AUDIO section...pages 140 till 152......you can accordingly tweak some settings and see if you are still facing the same issue.....

Last edited:
Try changing the phase switch on sub....if you can borrow someone else's subwoofer cable to check if any difference....will be great

Would also suggest to carefully go through the owners manual......AUDIO section...pages 140 till 152......you can accordingly tweak some settings and see if you are still facing the same issue.....
Well tell me one thing my sub volume knob is not even at 1 level. There are 6 levels and the 1st level is minimum nd the 6th being maximum. Mine is in between the 1st nd 2nd. I think there lies the issue. May be sub isn’t loud enough to pick the background bass that’s developed during punches nd kicks. What level u have kept?

Hi Since you are using Dz3.....Large is proper setting.....secondly keeping it at 100hz is a crime....please get it down to 60hz......

LFE+MAIN is correct

The sub LFE.....it is at 120.....get that to 110...else 100....

Now try a good fighting scene.....best check would be the Pearl Habour attack scene....you have bullets, blasts patters etc.....it will help.....

Hope the content being played via Blu Ray player is proper DD or DTS ....

I tried similar settings after your advice. However not much improvement in the overall performance of the Sub. If I try to increase the levels then the bass gets really booming.. Have altered positions of all the furniture in my room to see if that would make a difference but it doesn’t seem to

I tried similar settings after your advice. However not much improvement in the overall performance of the Sub. If I try to increase the levels then the bass gets really booming.. Have altered positions of all the furniture in my room to see if that would make a difference but it doesn’t seem to
Bic or any other sub? I followed his advice and noticed slight improvements.

Yeah I have been using this cable for a year used it with my previous Polk sub as well. Sure no issues with the cable. May be the sub not blending well with my room. I have calibrated to my best knowledge and it sounds amazing. Just some misses here and there
I am using bandridge cables

Thanks for this detailed feedback.. will analyse the setup and take my time tuning it.. at the very least I would have learnt a lot and still get a replacement

I am looking for good clean punchy bass at even low volumes...

I was under the impression that a ported sub would perform better than a sealed sub..

Would you feel that two b and w 610 would match the setup better?

Have you tried switching phase? Play with 0 and 180. One will be diffuse one tight. I usually prefer diffuse. Use a movie with car racing engines and see if you get the engine hrrrrrrr sounds. That's where the crossover should be.

Are you using the lfe input or the direct RCA input? If it's the direct rca input don't set the receiver crossover on. As you'll be doubling the slope. Crossover should be at approx 80 or 100.

The bnw may integrate getter as its from the same series. It sounds like your sub isn't placed correctly. Place it in a corner to the side of the TV at a 45 degree angle. Then slowly move it out till the bass sounds balanced.

Use the car engine rrrrrrr sound to set the gain.
Some movies are recorded poorly. Try and setup using batman vs superman and you'll be going crazy as the sound track is almost impossible to integrate at the crossover point. Try transformers part with Mark Wahlberg and watch the car scenes.

Lastly check your cable. I once had a cable that didn't make a tight connection with the rca connector on the sub and when I applied light pressure suddenly the sound would get loud. So play a movie and just rotate the rca plugs behind the sub and receiver.

Last edited:
Well tell me one thing my sub volume knob is not even at 1 level. There are 6 levels and the 1st level is minimum nd the 6th being maximum. Mine is in between the 1st nd 2nd. I think there lies the issue. May be sub isn’t loud enough to pick the background bass that’s developed during punches nd kicks. What level u have kept?

My sub is kept at 45% level...which is like 10 on a clock

My sub is kept at 45% level...which is like 10 on a clock
Ok only problem I can think about is that the sub is to loud for my room then. No way I can keep the volume knob at 45% in my room. Any ways I can see some improvements with the settings u adviced. M happy with the over al performance of my HT and enjoying it and that is all that matters.

Hello FMs!

Since we are discussing the optimal settings for the BIC pl 200 ii, I would request fellow fms to advise the best settings for my HTIB onkyo receiver and bic pl 200 sub (bought last week). Watched a couple of action movies last week and while I am quite happy with its performance, I wonder if it could be improved more with the right settings.

My current settings are as follows-

1) Onkyo HTIB receiver settings-

Front, center & rears - all small
Sub- yes
Crossover - 80 hz
Input (mux) - Main/sub. ( Don't know what it exactly does)
Input (mono) - left+right

2) Bic sub settings-

Phase- 0 degree
Vol- between 30 -40 %
Crossover - 80 hz
Crossover from sub- on

Connected Bic sub via high level input from amplifier ( high level output sub terminal in receiver as no lfe or sub out in htib avr)

My speakers set up is-

Pioneer Andrew jones floorstanders - left & right
Pioneer Andrew jones - center
Some old Kenwood speakers (6inch cones) - rears

Attached are the pics of avr settings and bic sub settings.

Would really appreciate if anyone suggests if the settings are right or it needs to be tweaked to get best out of my setup.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190129-102928.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-102928.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20190129-102919.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-102919.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20190129-102939.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-102939.jpg
    917.9 KB · Views: 15
Hello FMs!

Since we are discussing the optimal settings for the BIC pl 200 ii, I would request fellow fms to advise the best settings for my HTIB onkyo receiver and bic pl 200 sub (bought last week). Watched a couple of action movies last week and while I am quite happy with its performance, I wonder if it could be improved more with the right settings.

My current settings are as follows-

1) Onkyo HTIB receiver settings-

Front, center & rears - all small
Sub- yes
Crossover - 80 hz
Input (mux) - Main/sub. ( Don't know what it exactly does)
Input (mono) - left+right

2) Bic sub settings-

Phase- 0 degree
Vol- between 30 -40 %
Crossover - 80 hz
Crossover from sub- on

Connected Bic sub via high level input from amplifier ( high level output sub terminal in receiver as no lfe or sub out in htib avr)

My speakers set up is-

Pioneer Andrew jones floorstanders - left & right
Pioneer Andrew jones - center
Some old Kenwood speakers (6inch cones) - rears

Attached are the pics of avr settings and bic sub settings.

Would really appreciate if anyone suggests if the settings are right or it needs to be tweaked to get best out of my setup.

Hi

The pics are not legible and clear...so cant understand....please share fresh pics where we can read the screenshot taken....

Since you are using Floor Standers.....please make them as LARGE on the AVR..... as per sub pic...it will be better to send a pair of wires from L+R to the sub as High Level connections....

Please share a pic of the rear of the HTiB to see what and how connections are made

Hi

The pics are not legible and clear...so cant understand....please share fresh pics where we can read the screenshot taken....

Since you are using Floor Standers.....please make them as LARGE on the AVR..... as per sub pic...it will be better to send a pair of wires from L+R to the sub as High Level connections....

Please share a pic of the rear of the HTiB to see what and how connections are made

Have attached fresh pics of the avr settings and rear terminals of avr.

L+R speakers connected directly to front speakers terminal in avr and sub is wired through sub terminal in avr (High level input coonection)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190129-141213__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-141213__01.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20190129-141240__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-141240__01.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20190129-141228__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-141228__01.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20190129-142324.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-142324.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 15
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back