Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (TQWT - mkII) Only Enclosure.

Fantastic effort @sadik. Loved watching your workmanship and artistry on this thread.
Hopefully will get a chance to hear them out soon after the person who commissioned this project integrates the drivers.
As always, I seriously dig your attention to detail in the build, its journey and the finished product.
Stay safe and God bless!!

Cheers,
Raghu

Fantastic effort @sadik. Loved watching your workmanship and artistry on this thread.
Hopefully will get a chance to hear them out soon after the person who commissioned this project integrates the drivers.
As always, I seriously dig your attention to detail in the build, its journey and the finished product.
Stay safe and God bless!!

Cheers,
Raghu

Thank You Raghu Brother. I hope you will be more saisfied when you will see the actual enclosures instead of its photos.

Now to complete this thread I received the cabinets from @sadik yesterday and unfortunately even after very nice double box packing the shipping guys some how managed to make couple of dents on both the speakers :(
This anyway was a risk that I intend to take considering shipping from Baroda to Bangalore. This did not dampen my spirit and I could finish both the cabinets till late into the night and made them to sing with my Sony VFET2 amp paired with a tube buffer.
I have to say thank you to Sadik to undertake this project and did an impressive job of making them exactly per design without me insisting on anything and just sharing the build guide. Hats off to his DIY spirit and ready to go the extra mile to get them painted more than twice to get the right color combination and I am impressed with the front baffle especially the waveguide gets disappeared in front view and it seems like only the tweeters are shown ;)

Not to forget that the inner cross bracing near the tweeter was supposed to be cut to compensate the tweeter magnet but Sadik missed it and I had to do some jugaad using my spare set of tools to cut those 4/4cm bracing using chisel and then sanding down and vaccum cleaning for both the cabinets. My back was broke by the time I finished them up :p

Then the build pics...

07677-FF7-B6-CF-4-ADB-BAD5-8-D9-C5-B48-E6-BB.jpg

567307-B3-B40-B-4-AA0-B087-4-C4987-D1130-B.jpg

2-BC8918-B-A608-4-BEF-B905-9-AB993207-BF6.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Pics of the dents please. Damn shipping guys!
You can see in the last but one pic Keith. We went with the travel bus guys as the regular shippers are even more dangerous in handling the delicate stuff. But the added rains in Bangalore overnight might have also did and I am guessing the local Bangalore guys during unloading would have done it as I have seen yesterday during my pick up the way these guys were throwing the stuff huge parcels from top of the bus :oops: The same was taking out the parcels from underneath the bus and just throwing them out and even if its heavier they make sure that only one guy picks up each parcel :)

@manniraj and @sadik
Sorry to hear that the transport company managed to nick them even after robust packing.
Hopefully, it's minor and can be dressed up near to intended finish.
Nice to see this project getting to closure build assembly wise.
Now for the next phase of listening, tuning, etc. Have boat loads of fun @manniraj

Cheers,
Raghu

@manniraj and @sadik
Sorry to hear that the transport company managed to nick them even after robust packing.
Hopefully, it's minor and can be dressed up near to intended finish.
Nice to see this project getting to closure build assembly wise.
Now for the next phase of listening, tuning, etc. Have boat loads of fun @manniraj

Cheers,
Raghu
Yes first impression they are sounding very good with impressive dead center imaging and the highs are the best that I have heard so far. Now I know the magic of this tweeter paired with the waveguide. Needs at least 100 hrs of break-in and I hopefully pair these up against VFET, USSA5 and Simplestack ODNF amps with a class A preamp and also a triode tube buffer. And if time permits a tube amp of EL34 as well borrowed from a friend :)

Excellent work @sadik , brilliant finish. @manniraj sad that the transport guys caused a bit of damage, I hope once they start singing, all these niggles are forgotten.

MaSh

Hey @manniraj, if I remember your wife is a clothes designer, correct?
If the nicks are at the top end of the speaker (as see in pic) ask her to design a nice head scarf :p

And if you want I'll throw in a couple of my amps in the mix once they are broken in.
Cheers,
Raghu

It was sad moment when i saw photos of Dents on my whatsapp. My Heart just stopped for a while. Second problem related to depth of tweeter i did missed some calculations, Thanks to Ramesh He is a DIY person and knows how to tackle such errors.

Thank You Ramesh for having trust in me. I hope these Enclosures will serve your purpose for many years ahead.

Thank you friends & our Forum Members for liking my work.
You can see in the last but one pic Keith. We went with the travel bus guys as the regular shippers are even more dangerous in handling the delicate stuff. But the added rains in Bangalore overnight might have also did and I am guessing the local Bangalore guys during unloading would have done it as I have seen yesterday during my pick up the way these guys were throwing the stuff huge parcels from top of the bus :oops: The same was taking out the parcels from underneath the bus and just throwing them out and even if its heavier they make sure that only one guy picks up each parcel :)
This looks scary for me now. They told me while booking that they will take care of it during handling, "bus packing aachi honi chahiye" just take care in packing

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from Jokes. I really did not thought this guys are throwing the luggage. Otherwise the packing was bomb proof, considering it sending by travels. The Enclosures were covered by 20 mm thick Foam Sheet (white one) then they were placed in corrugated box having 7 ply thickness, the thickest available in corrugated material. then it was wrap by plastic wrap band which can be seen in my above photo during dispatch.IMG_20201019_115819.jpg

Oh the guys who haul shipments in and out of trucks and vehicles are very talented.
They can damage anything.
Cheers,
Raghu

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back