Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs. 3999/

I am also observing audio Glitch now (possibly after the recent software upgrade on almost all my recordings which were recorded even before the software upgrade). It seems that the recent software upgrade can not process audio reliably when playing back from recordings, I will observe more on the live feeds to see if this issue exist only on recording or is from broadcasts.

Talking of cable length, if TS engineer did not tell you anything of the cable length exceeding, you should ask the CC to reverse the charges!

Hi Prankey,

I've observed that when I am recording programs from 2 channels and watching any one of them, then even the live feed also has audio glitches.

I'm planning to thoroughly check if the issue is there in live feed when I'm not recording anything. If its not the case, then I'm going to re-raise my query....

Related the cable length, the CC guy says that the installation engg has informed them about the extra length cable being used, and even after repeatedly asking why it was not informed to me, their answer is "sorry". I think I should have filled the whole form that the engineer gave me and then signed it.
Also they should give a copy of that form to customer, then I could have really fought back with cc...

Last edited:
Hi Prankey,

I've observed that when I am recording programs from 2 channels and watching any one of them, then even the live feed also has audio glitches.

I'm planning to thoroughly check if the issue is there in live feed when I'm not recording anything. If its not the case, then I'm going to re-raise my query....

Related the cable length, the CC guy says that the installation engg has informed them about the extra length cable being used, and even after repeatedly asking why it was not informed to me, their answer is "sorry". I think I should have filled the whole form that the engineer gave me and then signed it.
Also they should give a copy of that form to customer, then I could have really fought back with cc...
You should escalate to nodal officers and take a refund, they can not HIDE such charges. If Installation engineer didn't inform, he can not claim for the cost. There is a protocol they have to follow.

Live feeds should not be affected by Audio glitch. I request the regular TS HD subscribers if they are also witnessing these drops/jitters on almost all the channels these days..

If its a TS+HD issue due to recording, they can fix it by increasing the buffer size for recording.

Website mentions that recordings will be lost once the package is changed. Does it mean that even if some alacarte channel is added or removed, all recordings are removed? Or it happens only when the base package is changed?

Website mentions that recordings will be lost once the package is changed. Does it mean that even if some alacarte channel is added or removed, all recordings are removed? Or it happens only when the base package is changed?

Practically I am not sure.
But technically if you recorded from a channel and later unsubscribe it, all the recording also should get deleted or deactivated. Every time when you play content it search for authorization key of the channel. If you unsubscribe the channel STB report the missing key thereby do not allow to play the content.

Mostly when you change the base packs. Basically their system is TERRIBLE as it changes the subscriber id and hence you will still have those recordings, but can not see them. This doesn't make sense and I will try to persuade them to change this as we pay for those recorded content.

So, they keep changing subscriber ID whenever customer changes packages?
That's really odd. I had taken my connection 4 Yrs back and it never changed. I have not been using TS for last 2 yrs, still my subscriber ID is maintained.
It seems like new subscribers are going through some mess.

Subscriber ID will not change with the change in packages. I have heard that even the recordings will be deleted in Airtel DTH (Though I am not sure)

But it seems Reliance do not delete anything and allows you to watch the content.

Logically if you have paid for what you are recording, you should be able to watch anytime even if you are not subscribed to the channel. Doesn't make any sense that you need to be actively subscribed to that channel to see earlier recorded content.

I think someone mentioned that this happens when one downgrades the package. For example, if you have initially taken the south package and removed it later, they will reset the recordings (not sure how) but the same will not happen if you are adding a package.

I suppose they are trying to ensure that when you downgrade, you dont enjoy the benefits of the earlier channel programs which seems to be a bit perverse.

What is the procedure of booking tata sky hd + ?. There web site says free installation however every person I have contacted is asking for installation charges. Is this true?. Also, do i need to make payment in advance?

I called their call center and guy was pushing me to buy it through him through credit card. I don't want these guys give me run around after i pay them, i want them to install first and take prompt cash payment. Is it possible?

Previously I had very bad experience with tata indicom, i don't want to go through torcher again. Yes, i know tata indicom and tata sky are different companies but their moral practices are just distressful. I want tata sky anyway due to HD channels they offer.

What is the procedure of booking tata sky hd + ?. There web site says free installation however every person I have contacted is asking for installation charges. Is this true?. Also, do i need to make payment in advance?

I called their call center and guy was pushing me to buy it through him through credit card. I don't want these guys give me run around after i pay them, i want them to install first and take prompt cash payment. Is it possible?

Previously I had very bad experience with tata indicom, i don't want to go through torcher again. Yes, i know tata indicom and tata sky are different companies but their moral practices are just distressful. I want tata sky anyway due to HD channels they offer.

I thought TS+ DVR boxes are out of stock.
If you tried to book it through their Helpline number, it should be ok. I think there is also an option of paying it by cheque and personally hand it over when the service person comes over to your place.

I thought TS+ DVR boxes are out of stock.
If you tried to book it through their Helpline number, it should be ok. I think there is also an option of paying it by cheque and personally hand it over when the service person comes over to your place.
It does not seem to be just a matter of availability of boxes. As per Tatasky CC, the Rs. 3999/ offer is over. The new cost is still not revealed. A hint was that the cost of SD PVR was much higher at Rs. 6 K than the HD PVR.
My feeling is, the cost will be revised upwards.
What do you say friends.
Regards
Vinod

I recently got TS HD+ installed. Booked on 18th Apr, was assured installation within 5 days.When 5 days passed, I called up CC & asked them when they were gonna install? They said that they were out of HD boxes & can only say that it may take another 5 days.
i said WTH. blah blah blah. they offered me 1 month subscription extra for the inconvenience. They finally installed it on 25th.

Pic clarity is good , Plus feature is nifty & all in all ; money well spent.

They gave me 300 back for the old box + additional ~500/- ( 1 month free on my Mega pack subscription )

So, in 3200 it aint bad at all !

I had to call them up 3-4 times, plus had to write 2 mails to make this happen, but TS CC really did a good work & in the end I was satisfied with the whole thing.

Go for it, i would say!

It does not seem to be just a matter of availability of boxes. As per Tatasky CC, the Rs. 3999/ offer is over. The new cost is still not revealed. A hint was that the cost of SD PVR was much higher at Rs. 6 K than the HD PVR.
My feeling is, the cost will be revised upwards.
What do you say friends.
Regards
Vinod

I am not sure about 3999 offer being over. Have you got the info from Customer care. It is still on for sure, spoke to them sometime back.

Dish HD seems to have reduced the price to Rs.1490 only (probably after our bashing)... So I doubt TS will increase the cost. They may increase it for the time being (like TS+SD) to cope up with the demand as it makes business sense to them..

Dish HD seems to have reduced the price to Rs.1490 only (probably after our bashing)... So I doubt TS will increase the cost. They may increase it for the time being (like TS+SD) to cope up with the demand as it makes business sense to them..

Despite discounts, I still doubt if consumers will take a dive into Dish. With their pricing & packaging, Dish guys could recover the discounts in few months.
Probably the ones who will fall into the trap are those who fancy the HD channel count of 35.

Hi,

Is there any way to see the used capacity and balance space available in the disk in Tata Sky+ HD.

I would like to know how much space a 1Hr HD content will take ie to find how many hours of HD content can be recorded

Rajesh

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back