Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs. 3999/

You could got to Plan >> Recorded and it will show the available capacity. You really can not predict, however can speculate how much you can record. An SD programming or Upscaled HD programming typically consumes 1% for 1 hour of recording. However Asli HD programming can consume more than twice...

You could give another try. May be that guy is not information. My info is also based on talk yesterday sometime late afternoon.
You were right. The lady at CC telling me that not only boxes were out of stock but the offer was also over and the new prices shall be announced once the new lot of STBs arrives, was wrong. (was this their strategy to push non pvr HD boxes?)
Now I have received a call back from Tatasky informing that new boxes were available now at the same prices of 3,999/ and same monthly rental. Today I booked one through IVR and expect the box by Monday.
Regards
VK Tyagi

Is there any way to connect external HDD to Tata Sky+ HD to record movies.

I already used 80% of internal disk, and wants to keep many of them

Is there any way to connect external HDD to Tata Sky+ HD to record movies.

I already used 80% of internal disk, and wants to keep many of them

I am also looking for that feature... The files can still be encrypted but we should be able to extend the storage..

Dates of many softwares (firmware) shown in my Tata Sky+ HD is 14th Mar 2011. Is it the lastest one?

Is there any way to check for availability of updated firmware?

Hi guyz i own a Tata Sky Hd box( without Plus) it has a coaxial digital out . Can some one suggest how can i connect it to my creative 5.1 Which has a standard 3.5 mm jacks those go with computer . I know its a low fi cheap thing but thats is what i got

Dates of many softwares (firmware) shown in my Tata Sky+ HD is 14th Mar 2011. Is it the lastest one?

Is there any way to check for availability of updated firmware?
AFAIK thats the latest.. Check my thread for more info and further discussion on firmware:
http://www.hifivision.com/digital-cable-dth/17241-ts-hd-new-software-downloaded-last-night.html

Hi guyz i own a Tata Sky Hd box( without Plus) it has a coaxial digital out . Can some one suggest how can i connect it to my creative 5.1 Which has a standard 3.5 mm jacks those go with computer . I know its a low fi cheap thing but thats is what i got
I don't think your speakers support DIGITAL AUDIO input. Hence you can not connect. If the 3.5mm jack is for Digital audio, you could use ANY regular RCA to headphone jack (3.5mm) cable (BEWARE it will generate LOUD static if the 3.5mm input on your speakers is not digital)!

those 3.5 mm must be for analog multichannel in.. not for digital

Creative usually use 3.5mm jacks (instead of RCA) for Digital outputs and inputs as well. They also use several of these jacks to transport multichannel LPCM audio like in HDMI..

Guys,

I recently changed my package from "Grand Sports Pack" to "Mega lite pack" and guess what ?!! My old recorded programs did not get deleted. :)

I dont know whether its a known fact, but I'm happy to see my old recordings stay intact....

I don't think recordings will get deleted when we change pack.

I also changed my pack recently, and recordings were intact.

Why should old recordings get deleted if you change pack? Old recording will get deleted only if left unmarked and disk gets full. No PVR will have the intelligence and programming to scan the hard disk and delete recordings for a particular channel because it is not part of the subscription list now.

If you unsubscribe from a channel, then your old recordings will still be on the disk, but you will not be able to watch them. Nothing gets deleted.

-- no1lives4ever

Guys,

I recently changed my package from "Grand Sports Pack" to "Mega lite pack" and guess what ?!! My old recorded programs did not get deleted. :)

I dont know whether its a known fact, but I'm happy to see my old recordings stay intact....

I don't think recordings will get deleted when we change pack.

I also changed my pack recently, and recordings were intact.

Can you confirm if you can see those recordings without any issue after the change of package? I also don't think they will be deleted, however when my connection was deactivated for few days, I was unable to see any of those recorded content.. Hope you could see atleast after change of package which contains those channels.

We should give strong feedback to tatasky to update their firmware to store the decryption keys of those channels on the STB so we could view recorded content even when we are not subscribed..

Last edited:
We should give strong feedback to tatasky to update their firmware to store the decryption keys of those channels on the STB so we could view recorded content even when we are not subscribed..

Perhaps this is the design and intention ...

Can you confirm if you can see those recordings without any issue after the change of package? I also don't think they will be deleted, however when my connection was deactivated for few days, I was unable to see any of those recorded content.. Hope you could see atleast after change of package which contains those channels.

Yes, I can watch my old recorded programs even after change of package....

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back