TCL to launch their 2022 Mini LED QLEDs on June 28

aditya2603d

TCL is unveiling their 2022 Mini LED QLEDs on June 28. https://www.tcl.com/in/en/product-launch

C83 is confirmed as it is being promoted on their launch webpage. I am particularly interested in their C93 Panel (if it gets launched) as it is boasting 2500 Nits of peak HDR brightness, 1920 local dimming zones for 75" screen size, 144Hz VRR (DV support at 120Hz is still unclear). Further they are claiming to have improved their backlight precision control for higher contrast and using "The Mini LED Demura Technology" to improve panel uniformity which has been a long pain point for LCD Technology.

India Unveiling page : https://www.tcl.com/in/en/product-launch
C93 Product Page - https://www.tcl.com/global/en/tvs/c935
C83 Product Page - https://www.tcl.com/global/en/tvs/c835
HDTVtest interview with Product Development Director at TCL Europe -

TCL is playing the premium card and will likely price it again higher than oled's.
I am looking forward to something like hisense U6h, hopefully they will launch 75" this year.

TCL is playing the premium card and will likely price it again higher than oled's.
I am looking forward to something like hisense U6h, hopefully they will launch 75" this year.
Maybe it cant overnight try to turn into a premium brand but with a successful launch of these products, they can aim to get there over time.

Apparently TCL has launched C835 without much fanfare. Prices are as below :
55-inch - ₹119,990
65-inch - ₹159,990
75-inch - ₹229,990
Source - https://m.timesofindia.com/business...led-4k-google-tv/amp_articleshow/92511209.cms

Personally I feel pricing is very attractive and competitive. The panel is pretty good for the price with close to ~1600 nits HDR brightness for 25% window, native contrast of 6000:1(with FALD improving to 36000:1), ~95% DCI-P3, and a very uniform panel without any DSE according to the below review

@Donivlapog @lightgamer your views

Apparently TCL has launched C835 without much fanfare. Prices are as below :
55-inch - ₹119,990
65-inch - ₹159,990
75-inch - ₹229,990
Source - https://m.timesofindia.com/business...led-4k-google-tv/amp_articleshow/92511209.cms

Personally I feel pricing is very attractive and competitive. The panel is pretty good for the price with close to ~1600 nits HDR brightness for 25% window, native contrast of 6000:1(with FALD improving to 36000:1), ~95% DCI-P3, and a very uniform panel without any DSE according to the below review

@Donivlapog @lightgamer your views
That’s OLED pricing for midrange FALD and TCL non existent support.

If they priced the C935 at this rate I’d be interested. This one has 200-300 zones which is not many.

A fail IMO.

That’s OLED pricing for midrange FALD and TCL non existent support.

If they priced the C935 at this rate I’d be interested. This one has 200-300 zones which is not many.

A fail IMO.
IMO C835 75" at 2.2 L is a good buy, both LG C2 and Samsung QN90B are in the range of 3.6L - 4L. Mi Q1 75" goes at 1.3L but C835 is almost 1.6x brighter and has close to double the local dimming zones. I don't see any other better 75" option in 2L - 3L price bracket in Indian market at the moment. And I think Vincent from HDTV is going to review these sets, then we can get more clear picture of panel performance

IMO C835 75" at 2.2 L is a good buy, both LG C2 and Samsung QN90B are in the range of 3.6L - 4L. Mi Q1 75" goes at 1.3L but C835 is almost 1.6x brighter and has close to double the local dimming zones. I don't see any other better 75" option in 2L - 3L price bracket in Indian market at the moment. And I think Vincent from HDTV is going to review these sets, then we can get more clear picture of panel performance
Yeah the 75” is okay priced I agree, but that’s only because the competition is shit. The 55” and 65” are priced awfully.

Honestly I wouldn’t put my money on this TV. The 55” and 65” are priced close to what you’d get the C2 for this Diwali.

Yeah the 75” is okay priced I agree, but that’s only because the competition is shit. The 55” and 65” are priced awfully.

Honestly I wouldn’t put my money on this TV. The 55” and 65” are priced close to what you’d get the C2 for this Diwali.
Right!! At the current launch price for 55" and 65", these sets are already DOA. LG C2 or Samsung QN90B can be had for same or less price

Does tcl also retail at lower prices offline like other brands? I have seen them on reliance digital’s website and wondering if they might offer some deals on this in-store to make the price competitive

Their 98" model has some youtube reviews. Will that hit Indian markets? If so price should be between 5 to 7 lakhs range for this to click in Indian market. Not more as pjs are better. Tcl was among the first to price their 85" model under 2 lakhs which had many interested buyers. But it did not have enough brightness to rattle the market. This series has.

Hmm. The 75” model should be available for ~ 2L near Diwali after discounts. That itself makes it the best TV in its category if it perform as as per its specs sheet.

It’s only competitor is the Sony X90J which costs ~ 2.65 after discounts and it should have much better backlighting, viewing angles and reflection handling than the Sony.

Might pick one up if the reviews are good

In 75" space this is offering a solution to most issues the consumers face. Price, specs, picture quality, brand name and support. To pack all these in or under 2 lakhs range is offering a solution to a long term quest. The non fald 8000 series of Sony was priced at 2 lakhs when i bought it on diwali 2020. Due to lack of options i bought it. If this was available back then, it would have been my first choice. (Tcl is okay with me. Not Mi or Vu to clarify)

Looking at the specs, the C835 has 240 zones for the 55" while the TCL R646 had 128 zones for the 55" model. Considering it had great reviews (with only the software issues pulling the overall rating down), i'm hoping for great things from this one.

If they fix the software issues in these TV's, they should be unbeatable

Not bad, as per Vincent - this TV got the Best Value award. If you can snag one with a clean panel, it should be a great VFM TV
After watching this, I think the 75" is a pretty good value. But I don't think it's on sale anywhere yet

After watching this, I think the 75" is a pretty good value. But I don't think it's on sale anywhere yet
Croma does have stock of 75" in offline stores at least in my location (Vadodara, Gujarat). I am seriously considering it but for panel DSE which is stopping me from trying my luck. Don't want to be caught up with customer support if I get a lemon. Apparently "The Mini LED Demura Technology" to improve uniformity was all just a marketting jargon

my 55 inches iffalcon tv started flickering just after 3.5 years.the technician told me that i have to replace the display panel which is gonna cost me 20k.He also told me that lot of tvs especially Chinese require some sort of maintenance after 3-4 years.Its a bummer.I have sony and toshiba from 2010 both working fine.even have a 40-inch VU from 2015 still working.

Durability was never an issue for me till now.as all the tvs i purchased so far were working fine.But i think now it will be another factor to consider besides tech specs especially if i am gonna buy an expensive tv.

I got the iffalcon for around 35-40k which was not much, to begin with.But to purchase a 2L TCL clearly not for me irrespective of the specs.

Anyways hoping to get G2 65 inch for 2.2L(+-10%) with (3 or 5) year warranty around Diwali.

Unable to find the 75" one in stock in Gurgaon. Has anyone from Delhi seen it in stock anywhere ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back