Technics Turntable Owners Club

Hi Saurav, i owned a mint Technics SL D20 and Sonodyne Uranus TT during 90's, sold both of them to a forum friend. I was in search of a good TT for many years. In 2012 i found a mint SL 1400 (110 volts) with ADC cart for 10.5K, could not buy because of some commitment, so lost it :sad: i still regret for not buying :mad:.

Here are the pictures of SL 1400 which i lost (these pictures were taken for a friend of mine in Chennai)

SL%201400_zpshyb6ymjj.jpg

Shafic sells good stuff, love to deal with him again. Could be an other TT [emoji14]

new%20signature%20for%20HFV%20-%20march%202015_zpsxulnu8qd.gif
Looking through these posts, I feel like a child in a chocolate factory. I bought an Akai Direct Drive record from a friend for 2K around 1997-98. It's now a part of my dad's system. Over the years it has developed a small problem: wherein the stylus arm doesn't sit at the first song but almost off the record. Having found no good technician, my dad has been managing it for most of these years. I myself had moved from Hyderabad to Bombay in 2000 in search of greener advertising pastures. Those were the years when record players had still not made a come back. Then in 2011, longing for the sound of a record player, I bought a very basic AT LP60 and have been using it since. But now I long for a record player that plays my modest collection better ... I have some Beatles, Young, ELP etc. I have been looking for a Technics SL1200 for sometime. I even considered buying it from hifido in Japan but the shipping charges are too high as is the risk of damage. It would be great if I could find one in India. I live in New Bombay but wouldn't mind traveling if there's a good Technics, preferably an SL1200, anywhere in the country. Scanning through these posts, I saw that Mr.Kuruvila and Mr.Shafic have had such record players on offer. I will be very grateful if they or anyone else could point me towards a good record player ... Technics or something similar.

Sent from my PLK-UL00 using Tapatalk

Sent from my PLK-UL00 using Tapatalk

Will be upgrading my cartridge / stylus in my Technics SL-23 with the originals EPC270C / EPS270-ED. I was using till recently the Ortofon Cartridge along with the Tonar after market OP-30 stylus. Will post comparison later.

I Owned a Technics SL1200 in the US back in 2009 but sold it before returning to India. Looking for a used TT but hesitant to buy without checking it out first.

Is there a dealer in India offering the SL1200 GR? Can’t beat the removable head shell design and sheer ease of use of the Technics decks. I know it’s expensive but likely worth it, if there is no dealer offering one at a competitive price the Pioneer PLX 1000 it is.

The PLX can be bought through Riviera in Mumbai. But I'm not sure if one needs to buy a pair (like it used to be when they were selling 1200s) or they sell singles too.

I Owned a Technics SL1200 in the US back in 2009 but sold it before returning to India. Looking for a used TT but hesitant to buy without checking it out first.

Is there a dealer in India offering the SL1200 GR? Can’t beat the removable head shell design and sheer ease of use of the Technics decks. I know it’s expensive but likely worth it, if there is no dealer offering one at a competitive price the Pioneer PLX 1000 it is.

Some DJ store on Castle Street(Bangalore) used to sell the PLX. I saw it there a year back. Price was around 65k.

Price is less than that and very comparable to equivalent USD pricing, price is mentioned on Pioneer website. However no dealer has stock, only sold in pairs. Even distributor does not have stock it appears to me.

Hi Guys,
I would like to be part of this club, Mentioned below my TT details
TT: Technics SL1800
Cartridge : Sony VM-22GA
Phono pre : Audio Research Model PH17F01CB65-BC32-4593-8E4B-7F622F6DED21.jpeg

Hello all, seems like we haven't had a post year for over a year now. But nevertheless, its the ideal time for a post. I've been looking up the new releases from Technics, the SL1200 MK7 and the SL1500c (which is essentially the audiophile version of the SL1200 MK7). The pricing also seems quite reasonable and affordable. Anyone who has already indulged?

Long shot. But does anyone have a spare original 1200 lid in one piece? The one with the bubble? I'm using an aftermarket lid but would really like the original.

After looking for a technics direct drive with auto return for a while, finally got an SL Q300.
Plus side - Quartz and full auto
Minus - Lower end, P mount only, so not many options

Still sounds better than the sony PS T1 i was using!

The SL1500c apparently implements a unique semi-automatic scheme. After the side of the record is over, the tonearm just lifts off the record and stays put (literally in the air) near the label. It does not return to the tonearm stand.

Hi FM ,

I am evaluating options of upgrading the existing tonearm of technics 1200.
Does anyone know the cost of tonearm replacement n where can I find one .

OK SME is 1 options and surely will require a new base plate . But I same arm is to be continued any suggestion ??

personally, I am a SME user and have used several tonearms like the Regas, Linns, Shure, etc. The Technics s-tonearm and the Sedco/Syntec S220 broadcast tonearm are the 2 that i found to be the most rugged and work-horse like. They can literally play anything that is thrown at them. One aspect which i found with the Technics and Sedco tonearm is that they are more job-like and I thought the SMEs brought out the dynamic range of the recording, much better. If you plan to go higher in the audio chain, have a good cart and good phonostage, then an upgrade will definitely help.

+1 Upgrading the cart and phonostage would be a better option. I would suggest to buy MC cart like Denon DL103 and build a high quality MC phonostage.

Regards
Sachin

I am currently using Shure M3D with Fisher int amp & Quad pre/power .

This combination is good for mid level for now but welcome suggestions DL 103 n customised phono Stage .

I believe Tonearm is primary element , for analogue source .

Welcome more suggestion pls...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back