Technics Turntable Owners Club

Here is my Technics turntable. My first turntable :) SL 1500. This was re-furbished and re-serviced by Mr. Kuruvila Jacob.

156s588.jpg

Congrats on your Technics!! Happy listening.

I went out from the club for a short while after selling my first technics SL 1200 M3D,
Re-entering with a gem! SL 110! :) haven't got my hands on it yet. In a week the beauty will be home.

@ PS: BTW can you please give details of refurbishment done by Mr. Kuruvila.

Regards,
Bhaskar

Thanks for the info. Will definitely try it out sometime!

As far as the refurbishment is concerned I think Mr. Kuruvila can answer that better. The only thing I know is that he did it with the help of his technician :)

Thanks for the info. Will definitely try it out sometime!

As far as the refurbishment is concerned I think Mr. Kuruvila can answer that better. The only thing I know is that he did it with the help of his technician :)

Any TT that comes to me is never switched on until everything is completely checked. Recently I got a Technics SL-20.A beautiful looking turntable anyone would have thought of just switching it on.But it was noticed that the spindle was hardly moving. Due to long absence of it being not used, the bearing was completely stuck. If anyone had used it for a short period of time,the motor may have been damaged. The arm needs to be checked for for most TT and a special oil used for watch repairing may need to be used. Then there are some checks any good technician will carry out.. Then there are some players which will need to be completely taken apart and many capacitors and pots changed, all switches completely cleaned etc.

I went out from the club for a short while after selling my first technics SL 1200 M3D,
Re-entering with a gem! SL 110! :) haven't got my hands on it yet. In a week the beauty will be home.

Congratulations Ankur. Some background behind this acquisition?

Very keen to see the complete setup i.e. arm, plinth Etc. Have you got it yet?

Hi Anil,

Happy to see the pics of the beauty on this wonderful forum.

As I have also said before 'good things always find good people'.

Wishing you a happy n enriching musical journey with this great TT.

Regards,
Shafic

Last edited:
@Anil, your TT looks like brand new. Many congrats!!! It's so hard to find them in such prime condition.

Anil,

Congrats! Enjoy your TT and listening session. Technics TT is surely a workhorse and you can enjoy pure music without getting much into the set up and tweaks. Just a small correction as your cartridge model should be Shure M97Xe not 98.

Getting stuff from Shafic matters as I also got a Marantz CDP 5001 in very good condition from him.

Hi Saurav, i owned a mint Technics SL D20 and Sonodyne Uranus TT during 90's, sold both of them to a forum friend. I was in search of a good TT for many years. In 2012 i found a mint SL 1400 (110 volts) with ADC cart for 10.5K, could not buy because of some commitment, so lost it :sad: i still regret for not buying :mad:.

Here are the pictures of SL 1400 which i lost (these pictures were taken for a friend of mine in Chennai)

SL%201400_zpshyb6ymjj.jpg

Shafic sells good stuff, love to deal with him again. Could be an other TT :p

new%20signature%20for%20HFV%20-%20march%202015_zpsxulnu8qd.gif

Hi.
I got used Technics SL BD22 last year.
It was playing well till my son broken its cart.
can somebody help me to find replacement

Hi.
I got used Technics SL BD22 last year.
It was playing well till my son broken its cart.
can somebody help me to find replacement

You'll have to get a p-mount cart. Shure has one model, while Audio Technica is more popular in this category. Its not worth getting a replacement stylus for the OEM technics cart as it is a very low end one. Better to replace the cart with an Audio Technica AT92E (Audio-Technica AT92E aka AT92ECD Cartridge). This cart is ideally suited for the SLBD22 series turntables. Just open the single cartridge screw (and nut), un-plug the existing cart, plug in the replacement AT92E, insert the screw and tighten the nut (not very tight but just till its stops screwing in) and you are ready to go. Take care of the stylus while installing the replacement cart.

Here is a picture of the cart with the screw in place. This screw has to be taken out to un-plug the cart:

bd223.jpg

Last edited:
Some pictures of my Technics SP10 Mk2 with OEM SH10-E Power Supply, Syntec S220 Broadcast Tonearm, Sedco BA-3c Broadcast Phonostage & Matching Power Supply (not connected when the picture was taken), OEM Technics SH10-R Remote, Stanton 500 MM Cart and replacement styli kit, OEM SP10 Mk2 shiny aluminium 45 rpm adaptor, OEM SP10 Mk2 Platter Mat, in a custom built heavy broadcast plinth. A master piece in its own right.

sp10-1_zpsi2ynpuep.jpg

sp10-2_zpsfpq6uouy.jpg

sp10-5_zps09fvucpk.jpg

sp10-4_zpswtyjgh6r.jpg

sp10-6_zpsdkwtzqid.jpg

sp10-7_zpsbw5zwf5w.jpg

Last edited:
Some pictures of my Technics SP10 MK2 with SH10-E Power Supply, Synetc S220 Broadcast Tonearm, Sedco BA-3c Broadcast Phonostage & Matching Power Supply, Technics SH10-R Remote, Stanton 500 MM Cart and replacement styli kit, in a custom built heavy broadcast plinth. A master piece in its own right.

Looks beautiful! Happy listening :)

Btw have you listened to it yet? Impressions?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back