Technics Turntable Owners Club

A story is to come up sometime on my 1210 acquisition..
There are enough reviews and reviewers already so ....

Besides I need some play time with it to understand its sound better

Regards

Congratulations mpw. Irrespective of the current reviews, every new acquisition of this legend deserves an ownership review. Hope you have upgraded the interconnects. Cheers

Congratulations mpw. Irrespective of the current reviews, every new acquisition of this legend deserves an ownership review. Hope you have upgraded the interconnects. Cheers

Hi,

thats what the story is about RP... the search.. the mis-steps.. the luck... cool friends ... the pain and a happy ending !! :lol:

It promises to be a thriller ...but mine will be a few paragraphs long only...

Chetan Bhagat will have some competition :lol:

regards

I see alot of different models here but never seen a SL D33 owner till now....anyone own a D33?

looks like our Technics Thread is turning into a SL1200 thread, how about other models as well?

reuben,

IMO - Your observation only reflects the popularity of the 1200 / 1210 and its quite rare for someone to have a D33 or SP10.

Regards

reuben,

IMO - Your observation only reflects the popularity of the 1200 / 1210 and its quite rare for someone to have a D33 or SP10.

Regards

Yes, matters pertaining to the SP10 MK2 are strongly influenced by 2 important factors, (1) availability and (2) commercials. The biggest advantage of the 1200/1210 are that they are easily available in good condition, at moderate prices (from abroad, via portals like eBay) and that they constitute a record player in one piece. Just connect it up, calibrate the tone arm and you're up and running. They are the closest one can get to the concept of "plug-and-play" with turntables. With the SP10, you'd have to worry about plinth, tonearm, external powersupply, etc.

Last edited:
I recently plunged head down into the grooves. Took a SL-1200MK4, rarely available and sold only in Japan. Its a 100V unit and meant for audiophile followers of SL-1200MK2. Now I realise what I missed so far when playing CD, SACD, Blu-Ray Audio - the realisation of being closest to the performance. For this I had to come a full circle. I missed the generation which developed this but I don't want to miss this time, the rebirth of true Hi-Fi. Lucky to be in the "Back to Black" era.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back