The 2013 Plasma Discussion Thread!

Re: The 2013 Plasma Discussion Thread! [Updated with Information]

veva7ymu.jpg

Finally done.;)
Customs charges 57300rs. Pretty less than my expectation.
Expected delivery on monday or today night.
Customs charges will be collected by DHL in cash frm me at the time of delivery.

veva7ymu.jpg

Finally done.;)
Customs charges 57300rs. Pretty less than my expectation.
Expected delivery on monday or today night.
Customs charges will be collected by DHL in cash frm me at the time of delivery.

So, what is the final landing cost including everything. It would be great once you have paid DHL if you can share the breakup of cost. It would be beneficial for others trying to order stuff from US.

Also waiting for a review once setup.

So, what is the final landing cost including everything. It would be great once you have paid DHL if you can share the breakup of cost. It would be beneficial for others trying to order stuff from US.

Also waiting for a review once setup.

Tv cost is 132000
Transport is 72000
Customs 57000
Total 261000.

Actually i expected it to cross 3lakh.
But buying the zt60 when prices dropped to 2300$ was the advantage.

All is well that ends well.
Hope the King does'nt explode when i power it on with my transformer.
I am in for the biggest suspense of my life...:D

Worse case scenario you can order parts from US and get it fixed locally in the longer run. As you have someone in US who can procure them for you. So i think you are good to go.

King succumbs to mishandling by customs delhi and dhl....in the name of physical verification....
A small memorial service to the dead King..
pejabyja.jpg
y6eze5yb.jpg
uqu2uhup.jpg
4yhebuqa.jpg

mepe9e2u.jpg

Oh my goodness... And they made you pay 57000 duty for that? :O

Do not leave the customs and DHL. They are totally responsible for this!*&^%*(( My god!!! My stomach just turned!!!

Your hard earned money. Make them pay. Start keeping all documents and correspondence with them. If you have photographic evidence then add it as evidence. Make sure you are on sure footing and pucca ground about how you go ahead.

There is someone in our forum who is an expert on such matters. Take his help. I do not recall who it is, however, he had opened a thread as to how to proceed in such cases.

PS found it! Handle name RMCWS

http://www.hifivision.com/general-lounge/46021-how-sue-seller-bad-product-services-india-diy.html

Last edited:

I doubt if sueing DHL would help as they would have covered their as***es in some terms and maximum liability for a shipping, unless it was insured where you can claim insurance..

I tried to ship a velodyne subwoofer back to dealer via surface, Chennai to bangalore, and bluedart demanded 2500taxes for it and said beforehand they will not be liable for any loss or damage... Did not ship with them...

King succumbs to mishandling by customs delhi and dhl....in the name of physical verification....
A small memorial service to the dead King..
pejabyja.jpg
y6eze5yb.jpg
uqu2uhup.jpg
4yhebuqa.jpg

mepe9e2u.jpg

This is sad to see, if they would have told you in advance that the tv is damaged you would have saved on the duty. Whats the cost for replacement panel, did you try to find that out.

Dirac, truly sorry to see/hear about the damage, it is really heart rending. Did you open the package in front of the delivery team ? Good luck .

dirac i am really very sorry for what has happened....there should be some way
to get it replaced....please discuss with experts....

Dirac, sorry to see this.

if you want me to check for replacement panels is US, let me know. I can ask my friend to find it out.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back