The 2013 Plasma Discussion Thread!

@gigy, you can find their MD, Mr Manish Sharma on Facebook and Twitter. Post a message with your complain number they've given you. You can also tweet or post on their Panasonic India page.

@dubeyrahul12, you can go ahead and buy the 42ST50D but if there's any issue with the TV, they'll not be able to get you a replacement of the same nor can they replace the panel if it's a panel issue since it's a 2012 model and they've already left the plasma business. They'll provide you a LED as replacement and I'm sure you'll be super pissed when you switch from plasma to LED, I know. From ST50 to LED ? It's an abomination. Anyways, you can get it if you can take the risk. Follow this steps to get the usage hours of that plasma TV :

Keep pressing Vol -
Press INFO on your remote 3 times
It will enter the SERVICE menu
Press 2 on your remote twice and press OK
SRV TOOL will appear
Use the down button to Pict
Right key to blank cell next to it
Press and hol MUTE till usage hour displays
Turn off TV to exit

Finally took the Plasma plunge this weekend. The plasma flow is already drying up. Got one 51F5500. Samsung Plasmas are still available easily, not sure for how long, may be this year. Below are the details :

1. Started checking out 51F5500 on the net, read through this forum multiple times. Checked every possible line available on internet.
2. Last weekend started shop-hopping again to have a demo. Finally had one, and instantly liked it. The picture was, well, very likeable, not mind-blowing. Checked a demo piece of Pana ST50, that WAS mind-blowing.
3. Last Friday went to shops to finalize deal. Most of the places had the standard reply "No offer on Samsung sir, fixed rate at 76.5k". Finally booked one at 69k including an Arrow gift box.
4. The TV was delivered and installed on Sunday.

Liking it so far. One thing I noticed, the upscaling of content is really good. I checked with the previous SD Hathway box - some channels are really looking good.

Finally took the Plasma plunge this weekend. The plasma flow is already drying up. Got one 51F5500. Samsung Plasmas are still available easily, not sure for how long, may be this year. Below are the details :

1. Started checking out 51F5500 on the net, read through this forum multiple times. Checked every possible line available on internet.
2. Last weekend started shop-hopping again to have a demo. Finally had one, and instantly liked it. The picture was, well, very likeable, not mind-blowing. Checked a demo piece of Pana ST50, that WAS mind-blowing.
3. Last Friday went to shops to finalize deal. Most of the places had the standard reply "No offer on Samsung sir, fixed rate at 76.5k". Finally booked one at 69k including an Arrow gift box.
4. The TV was delivered and installed on Sunday.

Liking it so far. One thing I noticed, the upscaling of content is really good. I checked with the previous SD Hathway box - some channels are really looking good.

Where did you get it for 69k? That is the lowest I have heard recently for this TV. I couldn't get anyone beyond 73k :(
I presume you got it from Bangalore only.

@DeepDs, when playing 3D movies, are you seeing any juddering ? I see that a lot which diminishes the pop-out effects.

Hi anubisX,

Did you pay anything extra to get the DT60D Led as the replacement?.

My 50ST30D bought in Nov 2011 stopped working last month due to faulty motherboard and after 25 days the service engineer visited my home again today and took photos of my TV.

He mentioned that they are still trying to find a replacement part and if it's not available they will provide me a replacement TV worth the value of my existing TV. I'm worried if they will try to give me any entry level model and say that is the only option available.

personally I had a very bad experience with panasonic service in the last few weeks. It took 11 working days for the Chennai Service head just to send an approval mail to the Service center to order the replacement part as my TV was in extended warranty (3rd year). I fought with the service center and got the contact number of this service head and had to call him several times to get this approval. I'm not sure about the service of other TV brands but I really regret for buying a Panasonic product..

Last edited:
I had a better experience with samsung that also for a OOW tv. Have not had any in warranty or extended warranty experience yet.

Hello everyone first time posting :). So I bought a panasonic s60 from a friend of mine, the tv has around 3200 hours, I must say that I am a little disappointed with the black the black levels on this tv. With some bias lighting behind the tv the blacks are a dark grey, are the blacks suppose to match the bezel?

Hello everyone first time posting :). So I bought a panasonic s60 from a friend of mine, the tv has around 3200 hours, I must say that I am a little disappointed with the black the black levels on this tv. With some bias lighting behind the tv the blacks are a dark grey, are the blacks suppose to match the bezel?

Whats size of TV???
And and wat price u bought it

Hello everyone first time posting :). I must say that I am a little disappointed with the black the black levels on this tv. With some bias lighting behind the tv the blacks are a dark grey, are the blacks suppose to match the bezel?

In my samsung if i set the hdmi black level to low from normal there is marked improvement in black level. Although it will result in some black crush
Panasonic should have better black level.
you may need to play with the picture modes, i get better black level in movie mode.next step is to calibrate brightness and contrast levels, you can download the avs calibration disc for this

In my samsung if i set the hdmi black level to low from normal there is marked improvement in black level. Although it will result in some black crush
Panasonic should have better black level.
you may need to play with the picture modes, i get better black level in movie mode.next step is to calibrate brightness and contrast levels, you can download the avs calibration disc for this

Thank you for replying I will be playing with the settings to get better results.

Guys, it has been a long time I posted here. The last time was when my ZT60 screen broke when I tried to import it from US.
This time I was successful in getting the legendary Panasonic ZT60 in a wooden box. Its working.
Am very happy to own the "beyond reference" and the last of Panasonic plasmas.:yahoo:
will post pics soon.
Thanks.

Guys, it has been a long time I posted here. The last time was when my ZT60 screen broke when I tried to import it from US.
This time I was successful in getting the legendary Panasonic ZT60 in a wooden box. Its working.
Am very happy to own the "beyond reference" and the last of Panasonic plasmas.:yahoo:
will post pics soon.
Thanks.

congrats ! how much did you pay including custom and shipping and from where did you source ?

Thanks man. It was 3500$ and was a panasonic factory refurbished piece. New ones are not there but could cost 10k $.
Customs was 77k.

will post pics soon.
Thanks.

Congratulations. Happy Viewing. I too imported a Plasma TV from the US thru Amazon last September. The Packing was extra bulky to prevent damage to the screen and so I got my Samsung PN51F8500 in good condition

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back