Tidal in india?

I tried setting up a tidal malaysia account. used a vpn to set location to malaysia and then logged into tidal.com. Prices are stlll shown in USD and very high - $138 pm for Hifi.

I see the same prices even when i change the vpn server to Turkey or Argentina!

What gives?
Dear Sam,

Subscribe to Tidal - Turkey for 198 INR. Its the premium one with MQA.
Steps for doing so is same the way you did for Malaysia.

Hope this helps.

I tried setting up a tidal malaysia account. used a vpn to set location to malaysia and then logged into tidal.com. Prices are stlll shown in USD and very high - $138 pm for Hifi.

I see the same prices even when i change the vpn server to Turkey or Argentina!

What gives?
The $138 shown for argentina is actually ARS and not USD. At current exchange rates it will be less than INR 130

Thank you guys for the suggestions.

I just signed up via VPN(Location-Turkey) and i got the "Tidal HiFi Lossless Sound Quality -19.99 TL/Month" option which is INR 204. Much cheaper than the US option or the French one which i had earlier i believe.

Wouldnt have known about it if it wernt for this sub-forum. Great Work

Dear Sam,

Subscribe to Tidal - Turkey for 198 INR. Its the premium one with MQA.
Steps for doing so is same the way you did for Malaysia.

Hope this helps.
Hi.. Nice to see you here. When i log in to tidal using a vpn set to turkey the price is shown in dollars and pretty high at that 138USD

Hi.. Nice to see you here. When i log in to tidal using a vpn set to turkey the price is shown in dollars and pretty high at that 138USD
Glad to see you here also :)
Have you checked in Turkish Currency?? When I subscribed , it showed me a subscription of 19.99 in Turkish currency.
Might be Tidal has got an air of our ingenious way to enjoy premium at throw away price.

Glad to see you here also :)
Have you checked in Turkish Currency?? When I subscribed , it showed me a subscription of 19.99 in Turkish currency.
Might be Tidal has got an air of our ingenious way to enjoy premium at throw away price.
Tried tidal turkey again with a new email id and voila it worked!

congrats Sam !!
But let me remind you, to extract the juice from Tidal, hardwares also need to be upgraded.
Right now running elacs b6.2s with the crown xls 2002. Earlier i was powering them through my avr. Has resulted in an improvement but might look at a tube preamp for hifi listening.

Right now running elacs b6.2s with the crown xls 2002. Earlier i was powering them through my avr. Has resulted in an improvement but might look at a tube preamp for hifi listening.
How are you managing the streaming from Tidal?
Options are vast and each has its own loopside.
You wont be doing justice if you are streaming with a simple BT player like me since Tidal calls for a decent USB DAC or network streamer with 24 bit/192 KHz resolution capacity.

How are you managing the streaming from Tidal?
Options are vast and each has its own loopside.
You wont be doing justice if you are streaming with a simple BT player like me since Tidal calls for a decent USB DAC or network streamer with 24 bit/192 KHz resolution capacity.
I stream using audirvana. My receiver has apple play and audirvana recognizes it as a dac.(network streamer). So its streaming over wifi. I also have an ibasso dc03 to drive my headphones and iem. Audirvana does an amazing job. Tidal sounds so much better played through it

TIDAL CONNECT IS ON CXN NOW!

As of now you can get the update only if you’ve set ‘Early Update’ on (you can do that through StreamMagic settings). So I guess it’s still beta.

So no more need to use StreamMagic to play Tidal natively on CXN. You can use the Tidal app which allows much more usability and aesthetics.

View attachment 54230
Hi, after this early update, Tidal connect is visible on Tidal app. But I find Tidal now missing from Music Library on CXN Menu. Do u also notice the same ? Any other way to access Tidal from CXN manually without any app?

Hi, after this early update, Tidal connect is visible on Tidal app. But I find Tidal now missing from Music Library on CXN Menu. Do u also notice the same ? Any other way to access Tidal from CXN manually without any app?
Yes, that’s sad. One can’t play Tidal directly from the CXN without an app anymore.

Recently I have tried to stream Tidal through mConnect player app on ipad. I observed frequent intermittent stop while playing the track. please help who is using mConnect player for Tidal.

Recently I have tried to stream Tidal through mConnect player app on ipad. I observed frequent intermittent stop while playing the track. please help who is using mConnect player for Tidal.
I see similar issues sometimes with iPad streaming via Airplay 2 to my Marantz 5015.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back