Tidal in india?

Am I the only one noticing that now Apple Music supports streaming over Chromecast? Finally, we have an alternative. :)

View attachment 65493
I discovered this on monday. It can stream to google home mini, chromecast and chromecast audio. I connected CCA to my DAC which shows the sample rate and it shows 48Khz regardless of the original sample rate. So obviously it is not bit perfect and maybe lossy conversion is happening.

Also google assistant allows you to link apple music account. So whan you say "OK Google Play some Jazz", it plays it from apple music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tidal Serbia started accepting Indian Cards (Visa) again, but it still needs to be seen if the auto-renewal goes through smoothly. Charges are pretty reasonable, 3.99 Euro for HiFi (lossless) tier.

Hi

After the Tidal turkey fiasco, I migrated to Tidal Argentina.Everything was going fine from last 2 to 3 months but for this month my credit card is being declined due to RBI's stupid compliance rule.

I checked with Tidal Argentina, there is no other option to pay but just cards.I called my bank, HDFC they said they can not do anything about it.

Has anyone been able to find a solution for this? this issue?

Try Tidal Serbia; it's still accepting Indian Visa Cards, costing around 3.99 Euro/month for the Hi-Fi tier.
Luckily today my payment went through, after so many attempts, it's not about card acceptance I guess, all the international merchants will have the same issue. HDFC is enabling different merchants on their site e.g. Amazon Prime, Spotify, Netflix and many more.

Unfortunately, Tidal will not be there anytime soon until its launched in India.

My subscription renewal is on the 4th Apr, not sure how it goes. Switching between countries is hell, need to redo all the playlists.

One more question to tidal users, whether the tidal quality is better than apple music lossless, I am using both for me tidal is far superior in terms of audio quality any comparison done here.

One more question to tidal users, whether the tidal quality is better than apple music lossless, I am using both for me tidal is far superior in terms of audio quality any comparison done here.

Yes far superior than Apple Music, infact i ditched AM and got Spotify for local content.
I find spotify better than AM, maybe its me

My credit card rejected in tidal Argentina, tried with multiple cards it didn’t accepted the renewal , any solution here will help me, thanks

I found Apple Music hifi/lossless to be better than Tidal unless the former is played on non IOS/macOS source. Also it eliminated my need of recurring subscription to multiple lossless streaming services.

I found Apple Music hifi/lossless to be better than Tidal unless the former is played on non IOS/macOS source. Also it eliminated my need of recurring subscription to multiple lossless streaming services.
Interesting goes against what has been heard across this forum in different threads. What all non ios mac os sources did you try and which services did you compare to? What is the equipment you used for comparison?

Interesting goes against what has been heard across this forum in different threads. What all non ios mac os sources did you try and which services did you compare to? What is the equipment you used for comparison?
Compared AM vs Tidal/Qobuz on android based ibasso DAP and windows system.
Chain- Source> Brooklyn DAC+> Tube & SS hybrid headphone AMP > Akg 701/Focal Utopia/LCD 2C closed/LCD X.
Overall found Tidal to be least performing as per my preference and MQA enabled streams very unpleasant to listen to.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back