Tidal in india?

That’s my understanding too. I don’t think the CXN can natively pull Tidal files from the internet while being controlled through Roon app on mobile. One still needs a PC connected as a core which sends file to CXN. But I’d be glad to learn if that’s not the case.
Here are a few options available to you without Roon.

You can use Mconnect App (Android /iOS) as Upnp controller and stream Tidal/Qobuz directly to CXNv2 over Upnp.

Cxnv2 supports Tidal Connect after January firmware update. So, if you can also stream Tidal from Android App via Tidal Connect.

In case of iOS, you can stream the Tidal to CXNv2 via Airplay2.

Talking about controlling through a mobile app, I have Tidal playing on a PC to external DAC via USB and use TeamViewer on mobile to access my PC. Gets the job done. Don't see any reason for Roon. Hifi sounds better than Masters on my setup. Masters got this added airiness and touch sibilant for my ears.
Is it comfortable to use team viewer from mobile to control pc

Here are a few options available to you without Roon.

You can use Mconnect App (Android /iOS) as Upnp controller and stream Tidal/Qobuz directly to CXNv2 over Upnp.

Cxnv2 supports Tidal Connect after January firmware update. So, if you can also stream Tidal from Android App via Tidal Connect.

In case of iOS, you can stream the Tidal to CXNv2 via Airplay2.
I don’t have a problem streaming Tidal natively on CXN (using CXN’s StreamMagic app). I thought we were discussing Tidal native via Roon. Casting from a device to streamer, using whatever protocol affects the quality in comparison to native play.

I don’t have a problem streaming Tidal natively on CXN (using CXN’s StreamMagic app). I thought we were discussing Tidal native via Roon. Casting from a device to streamer, using whatever protocol affects the quality in comparison to native play.
Ah, I see, my bad. I was under the impression that you are looking for alternatives other than Roon/Native App.

Tidal has quietly launched bit perfect Android application. Now you don't need UAPP or HiBy Music app to play master from your Android mobile. Android app now recognizes USB DAC and passes on bit perfect stream.

Update to Tidal 2.43 and you are set. Only issue is with AudioQuest DragonFly, Tidal App doesn't recognize them yet. Most others are reported by users as working.

Anybody knows how to search for albums released by certain companies on Tidal. For example, Times Music ?
Thanks in advance.

Anybody knows how to search for albums released by certain companies on Tidal. For example, Times Music ?
Thanks in advance.
+1. I was looking for the same a while ago. Couldn’t find a way to search by music label. It is mentioned though under the album listing, so it’s a data field on Tidal. Hopefully there’s a way to search by it.

The way around I used then was to search by the label (for example Water Lily Acoustics) on Discogs.com and then locate those albums on Tidal.

I was trying to register a new id for a buddy of mine but it looks like Tidal is no longer accepting Indian Cards. Anyone else facing a similar issue?

Music Today has a good classical collection
They easily have the largest collection of Indian classical. And their theme-based collections are quite useful. While HMV was the label for Indian classical till the 70’s, they moved into popular genres thereafter (since the acquisition by RPG in the 80’s). Luckily Music Today took over the mantle and has since then preserved so many performances of legendary artists. Times Music emerged as a prime label later, but I find their albums more commercially motivated, more of light classical moulded into spiritual and ambient albums.

If keen on North Indian classical, also look for the following labels: Aditya (In), Aimrec (US), AMMP (US), Arc Music (Ger), Audiorec (UK), Buda Musique (Fr), EMI (Pak), Fountain (In); Giri/Sonic Octaves (In), Girona (In), Insync (In), Legendary Legacy (In), Moment (US), Mystica (In), Navras (UK), NCPA (In), Nimbus (UK), Ninaad (In), Ocora (Fr), Questz (In), Raga Records (US), Ragni (Pak), Red Ribbon (In), Rhyme (US), Sachal (Pak), Sagarika (In), Sangeeth Sagar (In), Sense World (UK), Smithsonian Folkways (US), Sony (In), Swarashree (In), Taalim (In), Tehzeeb (Pak), Universal (In), Venus (In), Water Lily (US), Worldwide (In), XS Music, Yellow Fish (UK).

By the way, did you search by label on Spotify? Or did it just come up with playlists made by users on certain labels?

I was trying to register a new id for a buddy of mine but it looks like Tidal is no longer accepting Indian Cards. Anyone else facing a similar issue?
I faced the similar issue earlier with my HDFC and Amex card. However, I know after that one or two people have signed up using other Indian CCs.

I faced the similar issue earlier with my HDFC and Amex card. However, I know after that one or two people have signed up using other Indian CCs.
It's still not working for us. Hope Tidal is not taking the Geo-Restriction seriously and blocking Cards from outside the supported region. It's our only lifeline.

Does Tidal music streaming from ipad to marantz integrated amp via an aptx hd bluetooth will cause substantial degradation of music quality?I have learnt that aptx hd enabled bluetooth now produces almost cd quality resolution obviously when fed proper resolution. I stream spotify premium via the same route and sound seems quite upto the mark but again spotify is no match to tidal in terms of resolution. I was thinking about the same route before i send a chunk of cash on any streamer like digione. You guys are the best in business to clarify the doubt.
My setup consists of Marantz pm6007 driving Q Acoustic 3050i floorstanders. As of now my source is bluetooth and sometimes spotify or usb run from xbox one s.

Does Tidal music streaming from ipad to marantz integrated amp via an aptx hd bluetooth will cause substantial degradation of music quality?
As far as I remember, no iOS device has ever supported APTX/APTX HD. They have their own proprietary streaming protocol, Airplay.

As far as I remember, no iOS device has ever supported APTX/APTX HD. They have their own proprietary streaming protocol, Airplay.
Yes you are right..just missed that before putting the question..between today subsribed to tidal turkey and just was blown away. Never had heard such a quality of music. Listened to the same song first in spotify (premium) and then in tidal hifi. Was spellbound. As i mentioned i streamed from ipad to bluetooth receiver attached to marantz pm6007. Not sure what it would sound like with a dedicated streamer. Between thanks to this forum for helping to get the tidal subscription. All the details shared by everyone helped a lot. Thanks again to all.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back