VU TV owners thread

Any one tried new VU Pixelight series(2019 Models) ? Will the HD contents look better in a 4K tv ? I am planning to buy 50 inch TV.( I sold my 40D6575 to my friend as it has so many issues).
I have two choices:
1. Buy a 49D6575 (2016 Model) for 22K and Mecool M8S PRO L for 4K
2. Buy Vu Pixelight 126cm (50 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV (50-QDV) for 30K

Which one will be better option?

Any one tried new VU Pixelight series(2019 Models) ? Will the HD contents look better in a 4K tv ? I am planning to buy 50 inch TV.( I sold my 40D6575 to my friend as it has so many issues).
I have two choices:
1. Buy a 49D6575 (2016 Model) for 22K and Mecool M8S PRO L for 4K
2. Buy Vu Pixelight 126cm (50 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV (50-QDV) for 30K

Which one will be better option?
Jvc has also come up with a new TV. Looks like it is a qled (they say it as some quantum light thing) and has about 600 nits of brightness. Available in flipkart

Hi

I am planning to buy (65-OA) VU TV to play my ps4 pro games. I know it is an 8 bit panel and not true 10 bit. However, in my budget of around 70k I am prioritizing size.

My fear is if this TV would support HDR 4k on my ps4 pro or not. I have seen the specs and it does show HDCP 2.2 compliant with HDMI enhanced 2.0 mode.

Has anyone who has tried it personally confirm if HDR Pro 4k works on VU tvs?

Thanks in advance
MnVn

Hi

I am planning to buy (65-OA) VU TV to play my ps4 pro games. I know it is an 8 bit panel and not true 10 bit. However, in my budget of around 70k I am prioritizing size.

My fear is if this TV would support HDR 4k on my ps4 pro or not. I have seen the specs and it does show HDCP 2.2 compliant with HDMI enhanced 2.0 mode.

Has anyone who has tried it personally confirm if HDR Pro 4k works on VU tvs?

Thanks in advance
MnVn

Yes, it does work. I have tried it.

Anybody facing aspect ratio issues on 4k videos playing directly via USB?

I have the Pixelight 4k HDR model 55.

Movies in 16:9 works fine but in lesser than 16:9 stretches to fill screen screwing up the aspect ratio. And, when I try to change it I can't. It stays the same even if I click on original size.

Yes, it does work. I have tried it.
Thanks a lot this helps. Jst to be sure I ask the right question : when ps4 is connected lit shows both 4k resolution AND hdr on in connected display properties under sound and display settings? Do you need to change any settings in the tv for that?

Thanks a lot this helps. Jst to be sure I ask the right question : when ps4 is connected lit shows both 4k resolution AND hdr on in connected display properties under sound and display settings? Do you need to change any settings in the tv for that?

You need to put the put the tv on Enhanced HDMI mode (which the TV will ask you when you plug the hdmi cable in). Then there you can turn on hdr from the ps4 settings.

You need to put the put the tv on Enhanced HDMI mode (which the TV will ask you when you plug the hdmi cable in). Then there you can turn on hdr from the ps4 settings.
Thank you so much you have put my mind at ease and now i just need for tv to be in stock at reasonable price

I got Vu 50-.QDV. Its not playing most of the formats as mentioned in flipkart site (VP8,Vp9, 4K videos) anybody faced the same problem?

Dear Friends, I just got a Vu 43 inch Ultra HD smart TV from Flipkart. With default picture settings 4K contents looks great, but the picture quality of 720p,1080p videos (via MI Box) looks below average.The color and brightness looks weird along with shadows in black background. The description in Flipkart claims the same model has VOD ( Vu upscalar).
Did anyone face this and was able to fix? Can you send me the picture settings for the same?

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. My 100% usage is 1080p downloaded content (movies and tv shows) and i'll be using the optical out for surround pass through to my yamaha yht 196 htib.
Hi there, I bought bose solo 5 and connected it with optical out, but i am not able to select ARC under sound settings

I just checked Flipkart and it seems the new VU TV just come with a 1yr warranty ? Is that so ?? Is extended warranty available- for how many years & what price!

Hi Everyone,
I have a VU 65" with the opera OS, the remote has shortcuts to Netflix & YouTube. Is it possible to load Amazon prime app onto it? Or any other way to play Amazon prime by not purchasing the fire stick?

Thanks
you wont get many regional apps with opera os its better to get a fire tv stick.

My VU 55 LED turned itself off and now refused to power up. LED indicator near remote sensor just keeps blinking slowly.
What could be the problem?

Hey Guys!!
New to this forum

I am planning to buy VU Quantum Pixelight 65" Model
Can anyone give me their review of the same?
does the 1000nits display and 100Hz really make a difference?
How is the performance of Apps?
Can I side load any apps?

Jeeves is also providing extended warranty but we should get it at the time of installation itself..Is it better to buy warranty from vu directly instead of Jeeves?

Hey Guys!!
New to this forum

I am planning to buy VU Quantum Pixelight 65" Model
Can anyone give me their review of the same?
does the 1000nits display and 100Hz really make a difference?
How is the performance of Apps?
Can I side load any apps?
Did you buy it ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back