VU TV owners thread

Hey guys i just bought 55 inch premium android tv with cricket mode but i can't see the cricket mode option in picture setting... also can anyone tell me how to sideload apps?

Hey guys i just bought 55 inch premium android tv with cricket mode but i can't see the cricket mode option in picture setting... also can anyone tell me how to sideload apps?
I have vu pixelight tv which was bought recently..In the picture settings cinema,standard and cricket modes are available...Don’t know why you couldn’t see that option in your tv..But actually the cricket mode is of no use..it’s just a marketing gimmick and the picture is too bright in this mode.

What is the picture settings you use and have u bought extended warranty?

I request other vu users to participate actively in the discussions as the vu owners thread is very dull..

I have vu pixelight tv which was bought recently..In the picture settings cinema,standard and cricket modes are available...Don’t know why you couldn’t see that option in your tv..But actually the cricket mode is of no use..it’s just a marketing gimmick and the picture is too bright in this mode.

What is the picture settings you use and have u bought extended warranty?

I request other vu users to participate actively in the discussions as the vu owners thread is very dull..
Hi,

You are absolutely right regarding cricket mode. It doesn't serves any purpose. I watch movies 90% times in this TV using cinema mode. It has been almost 2 years since i bought this TV & no complaints till date.

Hi,

You are absolutely right regarding cricket mode. It doesn't serves any purpose. I watch movies 90% times in this TV using cinema mode. It has been almost 2 years since i bought this TV & no complaints till date.
I am also using cinema mode only(cinema day) and color temperature standard with brightness 50 contrast 46 and color 62 but I feel colours are little fade out in this tv.can u share your picture settings?

Hey Guys, I bought VU Premium Android TV with Cricket Mode from Flipkart and I was just checking the picture modes in my TV and there is no Cricket Mode available, there are other modes like Standard, Dynamic, Natural, Sports, Calibrated etc but no Cricket Mode, I even checked the model of the TV and it says 43 - OA, so can anyone of you confirm that is Cricket Mode and Sports Mode different or what can be the reason maybe Flipkart has given me an old model or what?

Hello,

Is there a way to start VU Premium Android TV in Default HDMI 1 where i have connected to my STB.

Its pain to keep TV remote just for pressing "TV" Button.

Any vu tv users got extended warranty recently?They are providing 2 yrs extended warranty..Today I paid for the warranty(fixed price for specific models and not based on invoice value)..submitted all the necessary bills and waiting for the soft copy of the extended warranty.

I have vu pixelight tv..Couple of questions have been posted by vu premium android tv users.Vu tv owners pls actively participate in this thread as it will be useful for many buyers.

Last edited:
I am also using cinema mode only(cinema day) and color temperature standard with brightness 50 contrast 46 and color 62 but I feel colours are little fade out in this tv.can u share your picture settings?
Hi,

I also use exactly the same tuning, only the brightness is 51-52. Please share your advance picture settings. I will check it today evening & let you know.

Hi,

I also use exactly the same tuning, only the brightness is 51-52. Please share your advance picture settings. I will check it today evening & let you know.
Hi,
I couldn’t find the option of advance picture settings in my vu pixelight 50 inch 2019 model.

Hi guys, Good to see guys using VU tv.

I am planning to buy 43 inch TV..

Preference is VU Premium Android led Tv 43 inch.

Second preference is MI 4x uhd led Tv 43 inch.

OR VU Ultra Android Full HD Tv 43 inch. (I understand Ultra Android being not 4k and full HD). After going through online reviews I figured out that VU has better picture quality compared to MI.

Can someone please tell me if VU Premium Android 43 inch has IPS panel ?

I know this would wrong group to ask but I am sure you guys might have also considered buying MI Tv while looking options.

Waiting for your inputs. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, Good to see guys using VU tv.

I am planning to buy 43 inch TV..

Preference is VU Premium Android led Tv 43 inch.

Second preference is MI 4x uhd led Tv 43 inch.

OR VU Ultra Android Full HD Tv 43 inch. (I understand Ultra Android being not 4k and full HD). After going through online reviews I figured out that VU has better picture quality compared to MI.

Can someone please tell me if VU Premium Android 43 inch has IPS panel ?

I know this would wrong group to ask but I am sure you guys might have also considered buying MI Tv while looking options.

Waiting for your inputs. Thanks in advance.

Hi,This vu owners thread is not much active nowadays...so wanted to share my views (though I have pixelight )and I think it will be somewhat helpful to u to make a decision. I hope vu premium android users will share their views too.

I bought VU pixelight from flipkart, 3 weeks back..found more positive reviews for vu compared to MI and Sanyo so took this decision.Also vu provides 2 years extended warranty(for pixelight 50 inches it is 2700 for 2yrs)..

Picture quality in vu is good(4K ,1080p and HD contents look really good..like most tvs SD channels look average.

Viewing angle is not good in vu.It has VA panel and u have to sit in front of the tv otherwise the colours look faded out.

From the reviews,I think vu premium android is the best in vu tv’s but the price was 5k more than pixelight and the preloaded apps (YouTube,amazon prime and Netflix)are the ones I use the most( hotstar is missing )so I didn’t want to spend more and chose pixelight.

Last edited:
Hi,
I couldn’t find the option of advance picture settings in my vu pixelight 50 inch 2019 model.
Hi,
Sorry for late reply. I have 55" VU pixelight 2018 model. "Advanced picture settings" option is the last option in the picture settings. Can share the screenshot today evening if needed.

Hi,
Sorry for late reply. I have 55" VU pixelight 2018 model. "Advanced picture settings" option is the last option in the picture settings. Can share the screenshot today evening if needed.
Hi,
No problem .I searched but I think the advanced picture settings is not available in 2019 model but it’s ok..Happy with the picture quality of 4K and 1080p contents.

Picture quality in vu is good(4K ,1080p and HD contents look really good..like most tvs SD channels look average.

Viewing angle is not good in vu.It has VA panel and u have to sit in front of the tv otherwise the colours look faded out.

Thanks for prompt reply buddy.

I am planning to get this for my bedroom so viewing angle shouldn't bother me much because TV is gonna be bang in front of my bed. I hope slight angle change shouldn't make much difference. for e.g Laying on bed while watching :rolleyes:

Thanks for prompt reply buddy.

I am planning to get this for my bedroom so viewing angle shouldn't bother me much because TV is gonna be bang in front of my bed. I hope slight angle change shouldn't make much difference. for e.g Laying on bed while watching :rolleyes:
Infact I have kept the tv in my bedroom and didn’t face problem in viewing angle as the tv is straight to my bed :)

Last edited:

Manufacturers enhance a particular setting like brightness, color etc. at the expense of picture accuracy in these modes to make the picture look pleasing. For an accurate display, aids like sharpness need to be minimized or even turned off and the picture calibrated using video patterns. There are a number of TV calibration guides floating around the internet that you could use (avsforum hosts a couple of threads on them). Even a basic adjustment of brightness and contrast against bars with varying degrees of darkness and color/tint adjustment with red and blue filters on the color chart in these calibration guides makes a dramatic difference. You can then tweak these settings according to your tastes. Hope this helps.

Hey Guys,

I am getting Vu premium Android. Does anyone know the difference between 43OA & 43OA-V1 ???
Flipkart says "Vu Premium Android 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV (43 OA / 43 OA -V1)"
Seems to be one and the same, just like the premium android and premium android with cricket mode.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back